Mods - How to download 'em.

iSteveobrine's Avatar iSteveobrine4/16/14 1:49 pm
1 emeralds 284 6
4/18/2014 9:34 am
iSteveobrine's Avatar iSteveobrine
There are a lot of great mods out there, especially here on PMC's mod section. One main question is with mods are - How do we download them?! I will be telling you how today [READ%&*IMPORTANT$%# : This ONLY works for Mac]

Firstly, you need forge. To download that, go to Google, and look up Minecraft Forge, there should be a website called files.minecraftforge.net or something. Then, find the recommended version and click installer. Then it should move to your download folder. Next, drag it to your desktop. Finally, click it, click the client one, and install, or download, or whatever. Then open up Minecraft. Click profiles ( Not new profile, click the one that says Profile: (Ign, whatever) With a arrow up and an arrow down. There should be a new profile that says forge.

Now your ready for mod loading. Find any mod ( has to be a mod the same version of your forge! example : http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/iron ... -v1---164/ would be a good test IF you have 1.6.4 Forge ) Try that. First, download it. Again, it should pop into your downloads folder. Then, drag it on to your desktop. Click Finder. Then, type Command - Shift - G ( All at once )
Then, type ~/library/Application Support/Minecraft/ <-- Copy paste dat. Then paste it into the bar that you usually type in. Then, find the mods folder. Click on it. Finally, drag the mod into the folder, and your mod should be downloaded.

I hope this worked for you. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comments below.
iSteveobrine
Level 26 : Expert Pig