Mods, Skins, and Texture Packs in PE?

The_Concept_Gamer's Avatar The_Concept_Gamer7/2/14 7:14 am
1 emeralds 2.2k 10
12/15/2014 12:37 am
-Baron's Avatar -Baron
We all know that Minecraft on PC is one of the bestselling games of all time on that platform. Now, we should ask the question, "Will Minecraft spread it's horizons?" Mods, Skins, and Texture Packs have always been a large part in the PC edition of MC. In MCPE, we only have a small fraction of what other editions of MC have. So why not add these three things? Post in the comment section below if you would enjoy MCPE more if Mods, Skins, and Texture Packs were added to it!
The_Concept_Gamer
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/15/2014 12:37 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Guard
-Baron
Don't necrobump dead threads.

Locked.
12/14/2014 10:07 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Modder
minecraftkid9012
Can you do it some how with out jailbreaking your iphone/ipad?
08/11/2014 2:31 am
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
ShadowDestroyer5
You can get IOS mods with a jailbreak using this. You can also Hex Edit the world files to allow some basic things like game mode switching, creative inventory in survival, flying in survival, etc. To install textures packs, you go like this:
1- Software you will need:
iFunBox or iExplorer
iPhone Configuration Utility
iTunes
WinRAR or any File or ZIP Viewer
2- Go to iTunes and get a version of MCPE that you are using currently. Once you get it, drag it from the iTunes apps, to your desktop and it should be a .IPA file.
3- Now download a texture pack from the site and extract it into a folder from a ZIP.
4- After that, drag and drop the .IPA into the WinRAR or any other file/zip viewer. Once there open ‘Payload’ and then go to minecraftpe.app.
5- Now copy and paste all the texture files you want into the minecraftpe.app and copy and replace all. Now close (you may or may not need to save).
6- Now get the iPhoneConfiguration Utility and install that. Now drag the .IPA into the ‘Applications’ top area in the running app.
7- A item called minecraftpe with the update it will work with. Now go into ‘Devices’ and go to the applications tab and uninstall minecraftpe and reinstall it.
NOTE: Make sure you have your Device plugged in, and be sure to back up your maps since it will return your MCPE to new as it was deleted and downloaded from the device.
(From MCPEUniverse)
When you paste the files into step 5, you can also paste in a skin (name the file char.png)
08/08/2014 8:59 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
I actually make MCPE texture packs and while it enhances gameplay, I can't see it being implemented unless it's through the cloud.
(Also, don't say anything...but there is a guy who is working on making an app with tonnes of textures already loaded into it so you can just apply the texture pack with one app. Shhh...)
08/08/2014 8:52 am
Level 20 : Expert Cake
mcrocks999
08/08/2014 8:49 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Hunter
MinecraftExperia
theres a thing called ".js" for Modscripts and ".Mod" for some mods.
ya know but inorder to use those stuff For MCPE you have to use blocklauncher
08/08/2014 3:21 am
Level 1 : New Miner
DiamondChaser
You can get apps that install all those things for you. I use android so I'm not quite sure about IOS
08/08/2014 8:32 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Hunter
MinecraftExperia
well for modding experts. they somehow manage to add Tnt in creative? . i hope someone can get an app like Blocklauncher for ios
07/17/2014 10:04 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
TeamAvocado__
pretty sure you can get apps that install mods for it
07/02/2014 7:18 am
Level 26 : Expert Blockhead
Zlb01
I think they have them but you might have to jailbreak your ios device, I'm not sure correct me if I'm wrong
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome