Monster Spawn issue?

Katsuro's Avatar Katsuro6/29/15 1:23 am
1 emeralds 419 7
7/2/2015 2:01 am
Katsuro's Avatar Katsuro
Ok, I created a Aztec temple/pyramid of sorts while looking at one that one had made and showing a walkthru of his creation. Inside I decided to create a maze of sorts spanning 3 levels (Think D&D Warriors of the Eternal Sun for you old school Genesis fans).

My problem is this: I have 2 torches on the stairways but none over the rest of the interior maze, so light should not be an issue. I also set the time to stop at night so no sunlight could somehow peek thru, but there isnt a single monster that spawned inside.

There is more than enough height, like 5 blocks or so and should be plenty dark for them to spawn.

Any explanations on why this may not be happening?

EDIT: Wanted to note that before I made the inside/floors/etc, they DID spawn under "worse" conditions. There was sunlight and the temple interior was only shaded
Katsuro
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/02/2015 2:01 am
Katsuro
I destroyed the interior, shelling it out and will try from scratch. I did have slabs on the top couple floors but the bottom was grass.

may just make a trap laden maze instead
06/29/2015 1:57 pm
Level 21 : Expert Blockhead
Zoyarox
You may ahve placed slabs as floor? Monsters won't spawn on slabs.
07/01/2015 11:35 am
Level 28 : Expert Geek
Histor the Noob
Yup. Monsters never spawn on slabs. So if they're slabs, try replacing them with the full block.
06/29/2015 1:20 pm
Katsuro
Difficulty is on Easy, in creative mode. I was told on official forum that the randomization may have prevented them to spawn in the maze at that specific time, whereas the original spawn was done in the hollow shell of a pyramid.

I am thinking on adding a spawn cage, though may look more towards traps instead such as the arrows (one block paths) and maybe a sticky piston to "crush" players against wall, assuming that wont kill them outright and only take a couple life if that.

The 'exit' at bottom leads to an underground ravine which originally had a very small surface opening I filled up and created the small tunnel into the pyramid temple
06/29/2015 3:10 am
Level 28 : Expert Geek
Histor the Noob
Hmmm, you should check the difficulty. You might've accidentally put it in Peaceful.
OR, I can check the gamerule commands.
06/29/2015 2:39 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Minecraft_Manami
If you can't get any monsters to spawn I suggest trying to lure some monsters into the temple, it might be quicker too
06/29/2015 2:31 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
Pikachu089
Maybe game mode? If that doesn't help, then make some monster spawnERS. hope this helps!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome