Moving an old map onto new version of minecraft

Scylaxius's Avatar Scylaxius7/27/16 9:20 am
1 emeralds 260 2
7/27/2016 10:03 am
Scylaxius's Avatar Scylaxius
First of all, it's been a hot minute since I've been on this site. I kinda missed this game so I came back to it. Looking through some folders I found an old adventure map I was making like 2 years ago. Obviously this game has had some updates. And I'm no good when it comes to modding and working with files and what-not, so I had just a quick question.

Since the map I was working on was started in an older version of the game, can I put it on my new computer and load it up in the newer version of minecraft and start working on it again? And if so, it won't have any issues if I upload it to this site? I have no idea how saves and versions work. Any clarification would help. Don't wanna ruin the save cause I had a lot of progress on it.
Scylaxius
Level 37 : Artisan Wolf