Need advice planning a city?

AGiLE-EaGLE1994's Avatar AGiLE-EaGLE19944/21/17 4:03 pm
1 emeralds 259
I didn't think this would fit in the Recruitment forum, because I'm not asking someone to help me build a city.
All I want is an experienced city builder to give me a decent layout to use, (As an image of the layout, from a top-down view) because I always notice glaring problems with my layouts once they're mostly done, and the problems are such that I'd have to destroy a very large chunk of the city in order to fix it.
It's a city themed around Warner Bros. cartoon characters who are the citizens.
I plan on having it divided into districts: A civil district, a business district, a commercial district, a residential district, and a government district. I also plan on having a spaceport/airport combo. There's a water tower (The Warner Bros. one) as the central building from where the roads branch off. I just need advice on which districts should be next to one another and a basic idea of how big each one should be. The residential district is done, but I destroyed the business one since it had tall buildings and was right next to the residential district and the water tower, which I didn't think made sense,
So, any suggestions on how this should be laid out?
AGiLE-EaGLE1994
Level 27 : Expert Dolphin