Need Advice, What should I use to make skins?

Antlo's Avatar Antlo10/22/14 2:41 pm
10/23/2014 8:16 pm
Antlo's Avatar Antlo
Hello! Alrighty, to get started here I want to say that I've not made any skins from real scratch, I've edited some to my likings, well, from a template. Now, I think I want to start making some and uploading them. I need advice from you really good skin makers, on how I can gain experience, what I should use, and just any advice in general. If it helps, you know dealing with recommended programs, I have a Mac. Please only have positive comments here, I just want advice . Thanks!

Regards,
AwesomeAntlo

P.S. I don't know if this is the right section, feel free to move it (Mods).
Antlo
Level 12 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/23/2014 7:39 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Mage
starrypixel
I use NovaSkins. It's in-browser with no download, has a fill bucket feature and line gradient, noise toggle and also a mirror toggle for the limbs. You can rotate it as it's a 3-D model you're drawing directly on and make some parts of it invisible to color the insides. There's also settings for backgrounds, poses, and items to hold. There's skins on the side too and can be used as a base but I personally don't do that. When you open it up it shows as the skin you currently have so you can edit your current skin and will just save your progress automatically when you close the window, just don't change your skin when making it :U
10/23/2014 7:33 pm
Antlo
Ah, Thanks Azie for clearing that up. I've just gotten home.

I've got another inquiry, if I used a pre-made template, like a skin with only the skin color on it and did everything else, is that allowed?
10/23/2014 7:45 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
For personal use, sure. You couldn't upload that skin to Planet Minecraft though because it's not made entirely by you.
10/23/2014 8:16 pm
Antlo
Awesome, thanks!
10/22/2014 5:05 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Magical Girl
BIO
Photoshop, or if you don't want to pay large quantities of money for Photoshop, Gimp or MCskin 3D I don't really like using it though. It's up to you
10/22/2014 5:03 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Toast
sigurd4
use paint dot net.
10/22/2014 4:59 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
basketballer05
Novaskin and Minersneedcoolshoes are banned because it's really easy to steal someone's skin off of there and post it here as yours. That's how it was last time I checked.
10/22/2014 4:33 pm
Antlo
Hmm, alright, can I ask why they are banned from putting them on PMC? That's kind of odd.

- Also, I can't download the MCSkin3D thing, as when I go through the tutorial for WineBottler, it doesn't work. Any other suggestions, that I can actually upload to PMC?
10/22/2014 4:28 pm
Level 45 : Master Pyro
ItsPyro
I also suggest McSkin3D or maybe Paint.NET (I don't have time to put links)
10/22/2014 3:57 pm
Antlo
Ah, if the winebottler thing doesn't work I'll use minersneedcoolshoes. Thanks!
10/22/2014 4:12 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
basketballer05
Skins made using minersneedcoolshoes are banned from pmc, so if you are planning on making skins to post here I suggest using Gimp
or paint.net
10/22/2014 6:04 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
This isn't entirely true. If all you've done is used Miner's Need Cool Shoes or Novaskin as an editor and your skin was made 100% by you without using stolen/premade parts, then your skin won't be removed for using those sites to edit your skin. Using them as editors is fine. Uploading skins containing stolen or pre-made parts from their armories isn't.
10/22/2014 4:16 pm
Level 27 : Expert Fish
Blobfish
theyre banned? wat? why?
10/22/2014 3:29 pm
Level 27 : Expert Fish
Blobfish
i like minersneedcoolshoes, but lately its been really glitchy and wont even let me pick colors :/
10/22/2014 3:24 pm
Level 21 : Expert Network
87man
AwesomeAntlo12
Hello! Alrighty, to get started here I want to say that I've not made any skins from real scratch, I've edited some to my likings, well, from a template. Now, I think I want to start making some and uploading them. I need advice from you really good skin makers, on how I can gain experience, what I should use, and just any advice in general. If it helps, you know dealing with recommended programs, I have a Mac. Please only have positive comments here, I just want advice . Thanks!

Regards,
AwesomeAntlo

P.S. I don't know if this is the right section, feel free to move it (Mods).

Miners need cool shoes.net I used it with all my skins.
10/22/2014 3:09 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
SoyMonkey
yeah stick with mcskin3D it has the best features for skinning
10/22/2014 3:23 pm
Antlo
Alrighty. I can't get WineBottler to download, since I have a mac idk if it will work :/
10/22/2014 2:57 pm
Antlo
vaxivopwww.planetminecraft.com/mod/mcskin3d/

Thanks, I will try to download this. I'll report back if it does/doesn't work
10/22/2014 2:51 pm
Level 47 : Master Spelunker
vaxivop
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com