Announcement: Any system that relies on Search is temporarily disabled; please refrain from posting threads asking about it. We will have it restored soon!

I need to change my ip address on my craftbukkit server

Sometimes, we all need a little general help.

Post Permalink
by Animalol » 2/7/2012

Hi. I'm trying to setup a craftbukkit server. I made a server before I made the craftbukkit server. When I put in a custom ip under server properties it says can't resolve host name. When I put in my ip address of my computer it says that another server might be using it? I don't know how to change it back to localhost the way it was before I did anything. So can anyone help me with this? I can't even get on my server.
Level 1
New Cake

Post Permalink
by orangedragon038 » 2/7/2012

type cmd in start button click the program then type in ipconfig scroll up to top IPv4 thats your local ip i think
Level 1
New Miner

Post Permalink
by steve00010 » 2/7/2012

Google whatismyip and use that plus the server port to connect, that is if you want it so others can connect too.
Level 26
Expert Hunter
mc_server: OmegaCraft

Post Permalink
by ZaphodX » 2/7/2012

Don't ever change the server-ip= field unless you are using Hamachi.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/how-to-make-a-minecraft-server/

You can't change the IP address, unless you use a dyndns service to redirect to your IP address. Google dyndns if you are interested.
Level 72
Legendary Warrior
Says: I am fond of turtles.
Minecraft: ZaphodX

Post Permalink
by Animalol » 2/7/2012

Yea but it won't let me use the ip i have for my laptop. Since I used it already on a diff non craftbukkit server. so I wanna know how I can change it. Because I can't get on my server. How do I set up a dyndns server? Does it work with craftbukkit? Plz give me more details and stuff.
Level 1
New Cake

Post Permalink
by Animalol » 2/7/2012

Also, when I run the server since I put in my ip address it says FAILED TO BIND TO PORT! wha do i do? put in my port 25565? I've tried that and it still doesn't work
Level 1
New Cake

Post Permalink
by ThunderBolt25 » 2/7/2012

you are supposed to put in a specific ip
i cant change it
if it is local
use your computer ip
[flash=]To Build...
...What no one has built before
[/flash]
Level 29