Need Custom Coder

TheBlueDudeCrew's Avatar TheBlueDudeCrew8/22/14 7:46 pm
8/22/2014 8:08 pm
TheBlueDudeCrew's Avatar TheBlueDudeCrew
Me and a few other guys are looking for a good coder,

What we need is a custom ore generator (for singleplayer and multiplayer) Which generates ores in a much more realistic fashion (IE You can actually set up a mine for certain materials, certain ores spawn near certain types of landscape etc.)

Please post below if you are interested. Also, we may be looking for other codes down the road, so we are looking for a good long-term partner to work with us.

Thanks!
TheBlueDudeCrew
Level 24 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/22/2014 7:54 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Programmer
EsvDefcon
Hi,

Would this project be for use on a server? I was just wondering about it's actual use.

Apart from that, what you're asking for is pretty easy. It could be done just be using the generation classes to change their rarity depending on what biome is being generated, for example, generate only diamonds in a desert biome by setting the spawn chance to be higher than everything else, and lowering all of the other spawn chances (idk why diamonds in a desert biome, just an example).
08/22/2014 8:08 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
TheBlueDudeCrew
Thanks for the response, The code would probably start out as a use for a personal server (IE me and a couple friends) But we have plans that if it turns out to be enjoyable, we would like to launch a server that gives a whole new meaning to minecraft.

If you are interested in helping or even just finding out more info, feel free to contact me on skype, pepstick

Thanks again!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome