Need Good Skinning Website

vanillavonsweet's Avatar vanillavonsweet12/1/15 7:18 pm
12/2/2015 3:19 pm
Legendarian's Avatar Legendarian
I'm looking for a good new website that will let you make minecraft skins.
vanillavonsweet
Level 21 : Expert Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/02/2015 3:19 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
Legendarian
I use McSkin3D, yes it is a download but it's much faster.
I have a pretty slow computer, and McSkin3D has 0 lag for me.
If you really want to use a website, I use mc.novaskin.me, I just personally find it easy to use, though I get lag from that site.
12/02/2015 3:09 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
Estuary
Skindex and MinersNeedCoolShoes aren't the best.MCSkin3D is the best choice, but it's a download.I just use a app to make my skins
12/02/2015 2:38 pm
Level 25 : Expert Taco
sioned
imo MCskin3D is definitely your best choice. When I first started using it my skins were awful... just really bad.... (I never uploaded them though *whew*) but mcskin3d has really helped me improve, and while I'm not yet at the standard I want to be at, that program has probably helped me the most out of all the skinning software/sites. I've tried them all, and in my opinion they're all to clunky and it's difficult to get things just the way you want them to look. mcskin3d however, gives you tons of freedom - without being overwhelming either. Even if you're a total beginner I'd still check it out, even if you end up hating it it's free so you've got nothing to lose.

generally I make most of the skin using mcskin3d, and then make final adjustments (mainly hue/colour corrections) using Photoshop. That being said, if you already have photoshop it can be a great tool for skinning, but it isn't worth buying if you're only going to use it for minecraft skins.
12/02/2015 2:17 pm
Level 21 : Expert Fish
MrCatSquid
My skin is NOT original at all. I made it on MCNS, because I am terrible at skinning. It composes of 3-4 layers, and I love it. It is a great program for begginers, and people that just want a cool skin and don't want to publish it. But I have to say, MCNS is just a bunch of stolen skins, although there are originals, but usally they are teenager/unshaded skins. gr8 site tho i r8 10/10
12/02/2015 9:43 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pokemon
Luis
Oceanus5000
LuisMinersNeedCoolShoes
Based around a mix and mash system of stolen parts

Click to reveal
Not true. There are plenty of people that use MNCS that don't take stolen parts and use them, including myself. Just because something has a bad reputation (cough) NovaSkin (cough), doesn't mean that it's bad altogether as a Skinning program. I don't even use it to "steal parts"; I use an original colour palette and then make an original Skin with that palette. I've used MNCS for years and I've never seen someone post an unoriginal Skin, either. The parts of Skins that are on there have not been stolen, the authors actually gave permission to the site to use them as parts. I know that a lot of people think that MNCS is used for that, but it's simply untrue.

Ugh, that colour pains my eyes. Anyways, I'm sure there is a portion of the community that abstains from using the part picker, and I'm also sure that most of the people who use the part picker don't enter the site with any malice, they just want a skin maker, and chances are they don't have any skills or they just want something convenient, and the site works for their private use. However, saying MNCS does not steal parts is a lie, just going into the gallery and I spy 2 skins stolen on the first page, (Niko's Vegeta, Halucid's Iron Man) along with several parts and skins I recognise but can't but a name to thanks to them being so circulated (second row far right's pants, third row middle right and far left fifth row). As for having permission, hahahahaha no. Niko and Halucid did not give their permission (if memory serves me well Halucid has sent DCMAs against MNCS), members of the site simply take other people's work (including mine), upload it and the site's administration do not care in the least. This would be fine, or at least excusable because I can't stop a random person half the world away taking my work or others, it's the internet, and while credit may be nice, 9 times out of 10, it won't happen. They aren't doing it out of malice or anything, but MNCS is also blatantly lies and claims to own and license all content on the site under creative commons while treating creators with apathy and designing a system that is intended to allow people to steal and reuse the work of others
12/02/2015 8:30 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
LuisMinersNeedCoolShoes

Not true. There are plenty of people that use MNCS that don't take stolen parts and use them, including myself. Just because something has a bad reputation (cough) NovaSkin (cough), doesn't mean that it's bad altogether as a Skinning program. I don't even use it to "steal parts"; I use an original colour palette and then make an original Skin with that palette. I've used MNCS for years and I've never seen someone post an unoriginal Skin, either. The parts of Skins that are on there have not been stolen, the authors actually gave permission to the site to use them as parts. I know that a lot of people think that MNCS is used for that, but it's simply untrue.
12/02/2015 8:22 am
Luis
Han SoIo
Luis
Click to reveal
Just a word of warning since people are suggesting sites like MinersNeedCoolShoes, if you want to upload to PMC then you can't use any of the pre-made parts, as they are not your work. As for a list of skinning tools

NovaSkin
I find it to be clunky to say the least, but I still use it for the 3D previews

SkinDex
Simple and if you don't want to get into shading or anything, does the job

MinersNeedCoolShoes

SkinCraft
Outdated (can't do 1.8 skins), but does the job if you just want a simple skin. Also has a parts gallery

If you want to make any skins though I suggest ditching the sites and trying a program instead.

MCSkin3D
Made by Paril it's the most user friendly and extensive skinning program I've found, which unfortunately doesn't work on Mac, but if you have Windows, use it

GIMP
It's free photoshop. You'll need to know how to tell the different areas of the skin apart to use it, but if you're on Mac, it's the best thing aside from using Wine or partitioning. Also works on Windows, but as said before, if you have Windows, use MCSkin3D

Paint.net
It's a crappy free photoshop, unless you can't stand GIMP's user interface, just use GIMP instead.

What not to use

Photoshop
To expensive, unless you get it for free from school or something, don't bother

Paint
Doesn't support transparency, you'll just get a predominantly white skin

Well, she said websites so, idk. But yeah, if you really want to make a good skin, I would suggest MCSkin3D.

I'm aware, but think sites are inferior, which is why I have the phrase "If you want to make any skins though I suggest ditching the sites and trying a program instead". To vanillavonsweet, do you run Windows? Or is everyone promoting a program you can't use?

LiveLatios
Luis
SkinCraft
Outdated (can't do 1.8 skins), but does the job if you just want a simple skin. Also has a parts gallery

Uuuhh... last time i checked it supported 1.8 skins... the presets dont include 1.8 parts but the draw your own parts thing does

My bad
12/02/2015 7:39 am
Level 48 : Master Baconator
SonicFan1011
I used to use SkinEdit, with Paint.NET for shading. When the 1.8 skin format came out, I shifted over entirely to Paint.NET and periodically updating my skin on minecraft.net to see how it would look ingame.

I seriously recommend you download Paint.NET. It has so many helpful tools that can really make a Minecraft skin stand out from the rest of the crowd. Go check out http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/leostereo , he made most of his skins in Paint.NET
12/02/2015 7:25 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
LuisSkinCraft

Uuuhh... last time i checked it supported 1.8 skins... the presets dont include 1.8 parts but the draw your own parts thing does

12/02/2015 7:08 am
Level 26 : Expert Pirate
Han Solo
LuisJust a word of warning since people are suggesting sites like MinersNeedCoolShoes, if you want to upload to PMC then you can't use any of the pre-made parts, as they are not your work. As for a list of skinning tools

NovaSkin

SkinDex

MinersNeedCoolShoes

SkinCraft

If you want to make any skins though I suggest ditching the sites and trying a program instead.

MCSkin3D
Made by Paril it's the most user friendly and extensive skinning program I've found, which unfortunately doesn't work on Mac, but if you have Windows, use it

GIMP
It's free photoshop. You'll need to know how to tell the different areas of the skin apart to use it, but if you're on Mac, it's the best thing aside from using Wine or partitioning. Also works on Windows, but as said before, if you have Windows, use MCSkin3D

Paint.net
It's a crappy free photoshop, unless you can't stand GIMP's user interface, just use GIMP instead.

What not to use

Photoshop

Paint

Well, she said websites so, idk. But yeah, if you really want to make a good skin, I would suggest MCSkin3D.
12/02/2015 6:31 am
Luis
Just a word of warning since people are suggesting sites like MinersNeedCoolShoes, if you want to upload to PMC then you can't use any of the pre-made parts, as they are not your work. As for a list of skinning tools

NovaSkin

SkinDex

MinersNeedCoolShoes

SkinCraft

MCSkin3D

GIMP

Paint.net

What not to use

Photoshop

Paint
12/02/2015 4:25 am
Level 31 : Artisan Vampire
LadySpiderwick
MC Skin 3D is the safest to go, any other website the skin wouldn't be allowed to be published on here.
12/02/2015 2:25 am
Level 23 : Expert Crab
Morneite
just download MCSkin3D. a majority of skinning sites are banned on here anyway.
12/01/2015 10:53 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
alan
12/01/2015 10:49 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Technomancer
Ene
MCSkin3D requires a download, but it's better than literally any skinning website ever in my opinion.
You can download / learn more about it here.
12/01/2015 10:44 pm
Level 21 : Expert Princess
vanillavonsweet
Josephpica
Han SoIoSkindex,
http://www.minecraftskins.com/

Miners Need Cool Shoes,
http://www.needcoolshoes.com/

MCSkin3D (not really a website, but it works great.)
http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/mcskin3d/

I can't believe one of my subscribers could have such bad taste!
Skindex is terrible, don't ever go there in your life!
Miners need cool shoes was good until they changed their site, now Miner Shoes is terrible!

MCSkin 3D is good, but you have to like it, since the creator of it is like one of the owners of PMC. You have tl be a skinner to like it, though. I used it to make my newest skin, so I like it.

thanks! i used to use skindex, but for MCSkin3D do you need to download it?
12/01/2015 10:34 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
Han SoIoSkindex,

Miners Need Cool Shoes,

MCSkin3D (not really a website, but it works great.)

I can't believe one of my subscribers could have such bad taste!
Skindex is terrible, don't ever go there in your life!
Miners need cool shoes was good until they changed their site, now Miner Shoes is terrible!

MCSkin 3D is good, but you have to like it, since the creator of it is like one of the owners of PMC. Honestly though, You have to be a skinner to like it. I used it to make my newest skin, so I like it.
12/01/2015 7:22 pm
Level 26 : Expert Pirate
Han Solo
Skindex,

Miners Need Cool Shoes,

MCSkin3D (not really a website, but I suggest using it.)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome