Need help on building a map

Sjofel Wolf's Avatar Sjofel Wolf2/3/16 1:13 pm
1 emeralds 193 1
2/13/2016 11:59 am
MoominSha's Avatar MoominSha
so i am building a map that is kinda big and i need some help on building all of it let me show you some pictures of what it is kinda going to be
http://imgur.com/a/0HIbt
if you want to help you need to have the following:

-PMC level 20
-atleast 3 maps you made
-you need to have worked in a build team before

i need help with with the following:
-map buildings
-map decorations
-map idea person
i do not need redstone people because i am a redstoner myself

the map is going to be a waste land (fallout 4 style) map with different creatures with its own drops and such

if you want to help me send a pm
-aikez
Sjofel Wolf
Level 31 : Artisan Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/13/2016 11:59 am
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
MoominSha
Hi, I make magic worlds and magic effects. O/
Got to say... Oh mannn.. I love map builders!!!!
This is a big reply sorry for the lots of text!

So yeah.. >.> Oh please! It builds a world and makes a mud puddle?
I know it was to be a barren very light load world but it made me shed a
tear. World building is for gods, remember?

MAP EDITING?

Get world painter. Now
(The screen shots kinda look like a view in world painter actually )

Look up worldpainter on youtube?
One example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FiZPC1Rv4g

http://www.worldpainter.net/

This will make building your world very easy and it does many cool tricks.
You paint the worlds OFFLINE on your PC with various brushes a bit like
good old sim city pre world generation design. Only better. Much.
Paint biomes, trees, hills, valleys, mountains, plains, schematics,
cave networks, abyss, all kinds of blocks or custom block ids,
raise or lower elevation in very complex and customized ways.
Once you are done upload it to your server and add it's name
and settings to multiverse core or whatever. Restart. Enter new world \o/
It's astonishing really. Most underrated plugin, every world builder should
have it.

I've made maps using 4 generators on the same maps to create freaks of nature.
If you dont get worldpainter you will wish you had eventually. Alternatively use
extremely customizeable generators like those below. (I was using MC 1.8 with these which are for as far back as Bukkit 1.6! Still work perfectly in 1.8
OrePlus,Paradise,ExtremeTerrain,GiantTrees
You can simulate a few generators with Worldpainter. Like GiantCaves.

Dynmap My Current dev server.
http://109.169.58.58:8123/#

View Teca Map. A Mixed floating islands and mesa world with 400+ spells that cause many effects on break blocks or kill mobs. (1200 spells atm)
It's a freebuild materials support world for MCMMO/Jobs harvesters/miners.
Islands go from 255 to 0 .... It's very deep. Check the cave view...
I have made (completed) 6 worlds so far with world painter
range from 5k blocks wide mini worlds to 30k wide unexpected
terrain wierd maps.
All the stone/ores/dirt/grass ect was stripped out with oreplus and new
matertials were written in with the same generator. Then After the world had
been fully rendered with WorldBorder+Dynmap, paradise and giant trees
(massively laggy but brilliant generators, do it on a quiet day if at all!) MY hosted server has just 2.5gb Ram and did this NP
I went in and brushed up the areas with PreciousStones foresters
and also world edits.

!!!! WARN
After you set your generators and create a new world use WorldBorder
to define borders then do a /wb worldname fill 30 225
This will then pre build your entire map removing all drain on the server
forever for new chunks loading
/writing to the map as they are discovered.
This also reduces generator drain as it generates new chunks for the
exploring player. These generators are often massive laggy but produce
astonishing results if abused right ;p This will make your map file huge
if it's like 20k across+ 5gb+ just set filezilla or whatever FTP you use
to only download updated/file different map files for much easier
backups. I recommend small worlds about 10k radius fully filled will be
roughly 6gb in size and will zip to a DVD size NP. You should consider
pre building your entire world like this before you make it public.
Dynmap/New chunks with generators generating.. is awesome but laggy and TPS intensive.
Set it to NOT be TPS intensive and PRE RENDER the whole world
once you perfect the generator settings to your taste.
It may take you weeks or just hours. I bet you will do more on your own
with all the above in a few hours than it would take many
players to do in weeks. Win path detected. Go! Go! Go!

Should probably also check out
MCEdit
http://www.mcedit.net/
Very good visual editor for worlds. Can be great at global operations such as
refresh blocklighting updates worldwide to remove shadowy areas left behind
by such things as Spigot's ridiculous performace dodger...the mythical lighting update checks. Random lighting update checks true or false it does nada.
MCEdit will pwn other stuff also.

Aaaaand...
NBTEditor

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/nbteditor/
Essential to know about editing the dat file for maps to remove world
crashing corrupt custom items or busted chunks, unknown misplaced mobs glitched between blocks from bad schematics, bad meta / ID items:/ in hoppers ect that may cause unknown entity crash server any time someone goes near it, say you were testing a custom furnace recipe and accidentally put Caol instead of Coal,
saved then restarted server logged in and BAM! good bye server hello .dat file
Or hello NBTEditor... <3
It is probably best left alone as a custom item editor though.
LOADS of plugins already do that.

Get WorldPainter & (good) Generators. Get World Edit and a clue about that!
Get magicspells or some other plugin that runs huge commands for you.
Design massive commands world edits with mad replacenears ect.
Now go finish terraforming your world. Paste those schematics! Move those legs! Bend those knees! Jump! .... Never get bullied by your plugins ;P
You did it! Good job.

Erm...
Why struggle and use two sticks to make a fire when you have a flamethrower?

Custom mobs and drops?

Get magicspells (1.8.1 or before without EffectsLib) or any plugin that runs long commands with or without temp OP for players. Spells has spawnmobs spells also but you can do stuff like the blelow examples using command spells.
A villager scientist with a massive assortment of trades including custom drop items
appears on a tamed rideable chested bone horse with 5000hp and speed/jump buffs
The horse drops 16 different items or if you get on it and open inventory you see it's
storage is full. The horse does not despawn.

PersistenceRequired:0, 1 = will NOT despawn on chunk unload.
Invulnerable:0 <-- carefull. 1 = you will need to drop these into the void to kill.
Just run the command with any plugin that runs temp OP commands for players.
Cut and paste all between ' and ' in the command-to-execute: to see it working.

OMG! It's Doctor Twistyneck! And his Imposing Boney Poney!
He is mounted so cannot turn to face you as approach like normal.
This causes him to glitch somewhat and he can then turn his head
repeatedly in a 360 manner. The seeing it and the name is lol.
Villagers on mounts are unexpected. It has to be unexpected or fail.

NomaShaman:
spell-class: ".ExternalCommandSpell"
name: NomaShaman
always-granted: false
enabled: true
cooldown: 20
experience: 75
can-cast-by-command: true
block-chat-output: true
command-to-execute:
- 'summon Villager ~ ~ ~1 {Profession:1,CustomName:"§f§lDoctor Twistyneck",Silent:1,CustomNameVisible:16,Career:1,CareerLevel:42,CanPickUpLoot:0,PersistenceRequired:0,Invulnerable:0,Offers:{Recipes:[{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:1},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:2},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:3},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:4},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:5},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:6},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:7},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:8},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:9},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:10},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:11},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:12},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:13},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:14},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:"264",Count:1},maxUses:16,sell:{id:"35",Count:16,Damage:15},rewardExp:true},{buy:{id:388,Count:9},sell:{id:264,Count:9},maxUses:10,uses:0},{buy:{id:172,Count:64},sell:{id:264,Count:3},maxUses:10,uses:0},{buy:{id:172,Count:64},sell:{id:388,Count:3},maxUses:10,uses:0},{buy:{id:388,Count:4},sell:{id:129,Count:2},maxUses:10,uses:0},{buy:{id:264,Count:4},sell:{id:56,Count:2},maxUses:10,uses:0},{buy:{id:57,Count:10},sell:{id:418,Count:1},maxUses:10,uses:0},{buy:{id:57,Count:15},sell:{id:417,Count:1},maxUses:2,uses:0},{buy:{id:57,Count:20},sell:{id:419,Count:1},maxUses:10,uses:0},{buy:{id:172,Count:32},sell:{id:20,Count:64},maxUses:10,uses:0},{buy:{id:172,Count:64},sell:{id:410,Count:16},maxUses:1,uses:0},{buy:{id:172,Count:64},sell:{id:409,Count:16},maxUses:1,uses:0},{buy:{id:2256,Count:1},sell:{id:388,Count:16},maxUses:3,uses:0},{buy:{id:2257,Count:1},sell:{id:388,Count:12},maxUses:3,uses:0},{buy:{id:57,Count:9},sell:{id:399,Count:1},maxUses:3,uses:0},{buy:{id:289,Count:1,tag:{display:{Name:§aPerfect Trinitrotoluene}}},sell:{id:46,Count:1},maxUses:32,uses:0},{buy:{id:46,Count:16,tag:{display:{Name:§aSpecial Delivery}}},sell:{id:138,Count:1},maxUses:2,uses:0},{buy:{id:385,Count:8,tag:{display:{Name:§aPyroclastic Plastic}}},sell:{id:402,Count:64},maxUses:8,uses:0},{buy:{id:407,Count:1,tag:{display:{Name:§aTrack IED}}},sell:{id:401,Count:32},maxUses:8,uses:0},{buy:{id:401,Count:1,tag:{display:{Name:§aFlying EID}}},sell:{id:47,Count:4},maxUses:16,uses:0}]},ActiveEffects:[{Id:8,Amplifier:1,Duration:1800,Ambient:1},{Id:10,Amplifier:1,Duration:9999,Ambient:1},{Id:11,Amplifier:1,Duration:9999,Ambient:1}],Attributes:[{Name:generic.maxHealth,Base:3000.1}],Riding:{id:EntityHorse,PersistenceRequired:1,Type:4,ChestedHorse:1,Items:[{Slot:2,id:172,Count:64},{Slot:3,id:172,Count:64},{Slot:4,id:57,Count:1},{Slot:5,id:2261,Count:1},{Slot:6,id:2267,Count:1},{Slot:7,id:2259,Count:1},{Slot:7,id:84,Count:1},{Slot:8,id:420,Count:1},{Slot:9,id:383,Damage:100,Count:1},{Slot:10,id:145,Count:1},{Slot:11,id:398,Count:1},{Slot:12,id:346,Count:1},{Slot:13,id:129,Count:1},{Slot:14,id:56,Count:1},{Slot:15,id:388,Count:13},{Slot:16,id:264,Count:4}],Bred:1,Tame:1,Saddle:1,CustomName:§fImposing Boney Pony,CustomNameVisible:8,ActiveEffects:[{Id:1,Amplifier:30,Duration:7777,Ambient:1},{Id:8,Amplifier:50,Duration:7777,Ambient:1}],Attributes:[{Name:generic.maxHealth,Base:5000.0}]}}'
command-to-execute-later: []
command-delay: 0
command-to-block:
- ""
temporary-op: true
temporary-permissions:
- "essentials.give.*"
require-player-target: false
execute-as-target-instead: false
obey-los: true
range: 10
str-blocked-output: "§e§lBonus Block!"
str-cast-self: |
§f§lOMG! It's Doctor Twistyneck!
§fWhat has he for trade?
§d(§fTamed and buffed mount spotted!§d)
effects:
1:
position: caster
effect: sound
sound: mob.horse.skeleton.death
volume: 1.5
pitch: 0.4
2:
delay: 60
sound: mob.villager.yes
volume: 1.2
pitch: 0.8
3:
delay: 80
sound: mob.villager.idle
volume: 1.8
pitch: 1.3

He buys among more things.. the 5 custom drops from this freaky flying charged creeper.
Chance on kill normal creeper 5% to spawn a 300hp charged creeper on a buffed
invisible bat... /cheesygrin The spells my server has (all of them I wrote) allows players to pwn
hard mobs without too much fuss. 300hp is not that hard +
45 sec after the flying creeper spawns another command spells runs /killall bat 64 auto tidyup spell and it falls to the ground. It spawns about 6 blocks above the player who cant see it untill they look up or the bat/creeper makes a noise ;p

For more detailed information on summoning objects, items, mobs and blocks
visit this very cool tutorial. Be careful what you spawn. >.>

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... map-making

Oh just great! They have an explosives laboratory now?!?

RMCreepsfly:
spell-class: ".PassiveSpell"
always-granted: true
triggers:
- kill creeper
chance: 5
cooldown: 3
spells:
- RMCreepsflys
RMCreepsflys:
spell-class: ".ExternalCommandSpell"
name: RMCreepsflys
always-granted: true
cooldown: 3
experience: 75
can-cast-by-command: false
block-chat-output: true
command-to-execute:
- 'summon Creeper ~ ~6 ~ {CustomName:§a§lAerial Creeper,CustomNameVisible:1,powered:1,ActiveEffects:[{Id:2,Amplifier:2,Duration:9999,Ambient:1}],Attributes:[{Name:generic.maxHealth,Base:300.0}],Riding:{id:Bat,ActiveEffects:[{Id:14,Amplifier:1,Duration:9999,Ambient:1}]},Equipment:[{Count:1,id:gunpowder,tag:{display:{Name:§aPerfect Trinitrotoluene,Lore:["§2Oh great, juuust great!","§2They have an explosives","§2laboratory now?!"]},ench:[{id:35,lvl:1}]}},{Count:1,id:tnt,tag:{display:{Name:§aSpecial Delivery,Lore:["§2SSssssign please!"]},ench:[{id:35,lvl:3}]}},{Count:1,id:fireworks,tag:{display:{Name:§aFlying EID,Lore:["§2Aww. The gyroscope","§2is broken"]},ench:[{id:35,lvl:2}]}},{Count:1,id:fire_charge,tag:{display:{Name:§aPyroclastic Plastic,Lore:["§2Massive blast","§2and shockwave"]},ench:[{id:35,lvl:4}]}},{Count:1,id:tnt_minecart,tag:{display:{Name:§aTrack IED,Lore:["§2Choooo Chooooooo","§2chew on this!"]},ench:[{id:35,lvl:5}]}}],DropChances:[0.9F,0.7F,0.5F,0.3F,0.1F]}'
command-to-execute-later: []
command-delay: 0
command-to-block:
- ""
temporary-op: true
temporary-permissions:
- ""
require-player-target: false
execute-as-target-instead: false
obey-los: true
range: 10
str-blocked-output: "§e§lBonus Block!"

nisovin.com/magicspells/Start

MMMM! An OP Custom spawner - Endermites that drop named ores.
You can get Votifier vote rewarder plugin GAListener to run commands as OP or again magicspells
command spell grants temp OP for the milisecond it takes to setblock.
One just edits the drop chances to remove the OP yo.
Could just spawn 1 or 2 in a public dungeon or secret cave etc.

Lucky Vote: You win a custom spawner! 5% chance. Thanks for the vote!

setblock ~0 ~1 ~0 mob_spawner 0 replace {SpawnCount:3,SpawnRange:3,maxNearbyEntities:12,Delay:20,MinSpawnDelay:20,MaxSpawnDelay:30,EntityId:Endermite,SpawnData:{Equipment:[{Count:1,id:diamond_ore,tag:{display:{Name:§d§lWarped Diamond Ore,Lore:[11]},ench:[{id:35,lvl:5}]}},{Count:1,id:emerald_ore,tag:{display:{Name:§d§lWarped Emerald Ore,Lore:[55]},ench:[{id:35,lvl:4}]}},{Count:1,id:lapis_ore,tag:{display:{Name:§d§lWarped Lapis Ore,Lore:[44]},ench:[{id:35,lvl:3}]}},{Count:1,id:gold_ore,tag:{display:{Name:§d§lWarped Gold Ore,Lore:[33]},ench:[{id:35,lvl:2}]}},{Count:1,id:iron_ore,tag:{display:{Name:§d§lWarped Iron Ore,Lore:[11]},ench:[{id:35,lvl:1}]}}],CustomName:§d§lOrefish,CustomNameVisible:1,Silent:1,Attributes:[{Name:generic.movementSpeed,Base:0.2}],DropChances:[0.9F,0.9F,0.9F,0.9F,0.9F],ActiveEffects:[{Id:22,Amplifier:2,Duration:9999}]}}

Spawners are laggy and building efficient grinders is not for noobs
Buuuuut... you could still have a cool auto kill / timer public grinder featuring
mad mobs. Silent:1 tag means no more terribly noisy grinders for example.

give %a mob_spawner 1 0 {BlockEntityTag:{EntityId:PigZombie}}

%a is a magicspells tag for @p

I have a chest type pop up interface with many biomes and
world warps (or tppos x y z) dont even need essentials warps or homes
with magicspells. It is a mad sandbox of sandboxes >.>

Made mobs too hard? Dont want to give the players the godly skills for it?
Mypetshttp://mypet.keyle.de/doku.php?id=start with customized
OP skilltrees, Damage & HP help alot. Just edit the numbers ya!
They attack mobs on sight or not at all or only if they are actively aggressive.
Mypets will pet v pet mode which can be fun for players also.
They are rideable, have inventories, have decent AI and targeting can be fully customised with many skillups. Pet V Player should not be allowed where you
cant gaurantee every player has a pet no matter what, with them at the time too.
You may have to block some mypet commands to prevent inventory access between worlds.

If you have never used anything like the above please admit to
yourself one time we were the same and I was like.. worldpainter? Eh?
Magicspells is simply not for noobs and you will need to know alot about
all plugin commands, minecraft bukkit capabilities and have alot of
consideration for what you allow in your worlds or for players to use.
Flying spell, conjure custom op enchant items ect (amazingly magicspells overrides essentials allow unsafe enchants spawning items and puts custom effects like knockback resist and true unbreakable zero durability damage op stuff on items NP. Even items not supposed to hold those enchants.
Be careful.. OP has many levels ;P

My server is ridiculously OP and legit at the same time.
Muitiverse inventories. Per world spells. CommandsGuard per world
commands give me TOTAL control over OP items importing and
OP spells, inventories, plugins abuse in legit worlds.

Not even OP can /give /i /item //anyworldedits etc in Astrene.

Spells. Need. :p
Passive auto learned spell they cant see or cast which has a trigger
incantation: (say certain phrase or words) all unacceptable chats, f words etc.
Just build the grim list and done. Now whenever a player says anything in that list
like "%$#k you" it becomes becomes an instant command instead. Instant muted self lol, ban self 5 days, tp self as OP to a jail but arrive as not OP, warned and temp banned self for 5 mins, stripped of their items or specific item, all their protections wiped, all they did in the last 24 hours rolled back before their eyes.. whatever you can think of. THAT is what spells does. It can automate alot of your server's functions and player support or moderation. Give your mods a wand with loads of custom command spells targeting players they wave the wand at. Admins get riot battons, or fishing rods.. they are too big for stick wands and staff should have a staff YO! All spells scroll on wands just click to cast or select next/previous spell.
Automate stuff like "Is there an admin shop?" "admin shop?" "shop?"
It immediately tppos x y z or warp adminshop for them. Or responds with the relevant help tips messages whenever someone says anything with "protect homes?" in it.

So now you have some magic... use it to stun and complex players.
Example?
Make a spell that listens for baddy chat and whispers and tps them to a jail
In the jail put 3 custom invulnerable villagers with 3 custom items 1 in each. Make them trade the
items for stuff like coal ores or whatever. They need a "The Lotion" a "The Rope" and a "The Basket" from the villagers. Off they go to the self restoring rollback mines.. 15 mins hard labor.
They get the items and now they can cast the freedom spell as it needs those as reagents. You have seen silence of the lambs right? If they have already cast the spell before it causes the chance of ores to drop to decrease and less every time. This means they do more time hard labor each time as they need to mine longer to get the ores. A spell cancels the blockbreak attempt and gives them an ore instead based on a chance. The modifier variable adjusts the chance. Variables and modifiers yay.

Add more sauce

If they cast it 10 times before admin wipes the variables file for them they get fed to "The Dragon" instead. Where their skin gets worn.. and worse. Erm.. yes. Or you could just make the teletubbies pwn them. Custom zombies wearing the teletubbies set skulls as helms? Get magicspells to spawn a Citizens NPC with the players name so it wears their skin and shout on player approach "§4You were warned! Now die!" It targets all players and does ridic damage with a sword but moves slow enough for the player to run about trying to evade for a while. When they die there
there is a passive spell with trigger on death in a spell zone for that jail. It wipes their inventory if drop items on death if currently set to false then kicks them. They now have a variables mod cast "The Dragon" 1 and will be warned every time they log on automatically "§4The Dragon knows your name. Be advised."
Set the atmosphere of the jails nice lots of skulls on fence post spikes redstone dust around the floor posing as blood splashes... in jail 2 and not so obvious death row conditions in jail 1. Pwn them. Pwn them with magic. They will love it.

THAT'S THE WAY!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome