Need help solving how to record separate audio files.

KrisKranium's Avatar KrisKranium7/12/14 5:27 pm
1 emeralds 495 7
7/12/2014 7:21 pm
Scarention's Avatar Scarention
Hi, me and a couple friends of mine have started recording some videos for our YouTube channels but I am thinking about editing all of our 3 videos together (all of our perspectives) into 1 video, which would mean our voices would have to remain good quality throughout the video.

The issue is, when we record (we're currently using Camtasia) it records our game audio and Skype audio together in 1 file, and the recorders voice separately inside the video file, so if I would to cut each of our audio files to capture the audio from the game our voices would all change in quality since they're also in the same file as the game audio, and the connection on Skype makes our voices sound differently.

How would I be able to get my voice, their voice & the game sound in separate audio files?

Thanks in advanced.

P.S.
If anyone watches The Yogscast you would kinda know what I'm talking about.
KrisKranium
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/12/2014 7:21 pm
KrisKranium
JoeMurfyIf you want good quality as well as multiple tracks, i would recommend all of your friends record their own audio through Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/) or something of the sort onto their own hard drives and then send their own file to the editor (You?) This should not be a problem as .MP3 files are rather small.

We thought of this idea but we thought, how would we communicate then? Cause Skype is the only way we will know what we're saying to each other. But thanks for the reply!
07/12/2014 7:20 pm
KrisKranium
The_SowhartBandicam allows to record voice audio as a separate audio file whilst FRAPS tends to just shove it all into one video and audio track.

Thank you, I'll do some research about Bandicam!
07/12/2014 7:14 pm
Level 1 : New Network
JoeMurfy
If you want good quality as well as multiple tracks, i would recommend all of your friends record their own audio through Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/) or something of the sort onto their own hard drives and then send their own file to the editor (You?) This should not be a problem as .MP3 files are rather small.

This will make editing much easier in the long run and also will also give you the chance to make changes to each individual track with ease. I would check out someone like HaatFilms or someone similar. Their use of layering is a perfect example of multi-track processing.

Hopefully this helped you out. If you have any other questions I would be happy to help you.
07/12/2014 7:21 pm
Level 48 : Master Modder
Scarention
This ^
07/12/2014 6:13 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
The_Sowhart
Bandicam allows to record voice audio as a separate audio file whilst FRAPS tends to just shove it all into one video and audio track. Though sending files to one person can sometimes be a pain.
I personally would move away from using camtasia to record, I used to use it for sometime (the recorder that is) and a few times the video would get corrupted part ways through and I know that this was an issue with camtasia because a lot of other people had the same issue. I still use the editor for camtasia studio 8 though.

I would recommend either using FRAPS or Bandicam or maybe even both like I do!
Though I think The Yogscast use Ventrilo to get their audio recordings which is something I've never used but Teamspeak is pretty similar.
07/12/2014 6:06 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Toast
sigurd4
Fraps can do this. Thats all i know. I dont have much experience recording stuff, but i did try fraps once and it had this feature, im pretty sure.
07/12/2014 7:19 pm
KrisKranium
Thank you, I'll do some research about Fraps.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome