Need Help With Command Blocks...

_Smarty101_'s Avatar _Smarty101_7/21/16 4:10 pm
7/23/2016 12:51 pm
Dark_Alpha_'s Avatar Dark_Alpha_
So, I'm very sorry if I'm posting this is the wrong section, but I need help! I'm creating a map... My first ever map. And I'm trying to make it so I can turn on and off a redstone clock. I want this clock to be silent. My main goal is to have a trail of particles leading the player to their next quest. So every time they complete a quest, a new set of particles lead them off on their journey. I hope someone can answer this quite quickly. Thanks!

P.S. I have looked other places for this, but I can't seem to find one in my version of Minecraft (1.8)... I hope someone can help me.

~Smarty101
_Smarty101_
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/23/2016 11:30 am
_Smarty101_
I had thought about this last night... Using a setblock command with this could help. Have the clock off at first, and when the player steps on a pressure plate, and redstone block is quickly placed down, and then broken, thus turning the clock on... To turn the clock off, the redstone is broken which will then turn off the clock.

Here's the picture I was looking at -> http://imgur.com/n2DsUq7

Btw, this is my idea, I didn't not steal it, and the picture is mine also.

~Smarty101
07/23/2016 12:51 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pig
Dark_Alpha_
Still, I would use a hopper clock (just face two hoppers into each other and use a comparator as the output)
Then you would need one commandblock to activate the clock and one to stop the clock. Also, the hopper clock design doesn't have issues with chunk updates so it doesn't get bugged (always powered). This can happen a lot with the repeater design and thus it will break your map.

A hopperclock is far more reliable.
07/23/2016 10:55 am
Level 28 : Expert Pig
Dark_Alpha_
You should use a hopperclock timer. You can turn it on and of by running a redstone powered line in to on e of the hoppers or by placing an redstoneblock next to it etcetera.
You can set the redstoneblock by a commandblock using the setblock command.

Try googling Etho's hopperclock to see which clock I mean. You can use it as timer and without the pistons it's just a regular clock.

You could probably also use a monostable circuit.
07/22/2016 11:44 pm
_Smarty101_
Sooooooo... i figured out a 'good' way to dispense the particles. But I still need a way to turn the off and on. I just want to say thanks to rupert for helping me. I tried to use his schematic but it didn't work no matter how I configured it

Any ideas?

P.S. rupert's profile here -> http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/rupert/

~Smarty101

07/23/2016 6:39 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Artist
DepthStrider
Send schematic please? And just to make sure, the issue is that you want to turn it off and on? (the clock), could you please be more informative. Like, do you need it to only be on when you're walking? etc, please elaborate.
07/23/2016 10:47 am
_Smarty101_
Here is the link to rupert's schematic -> https://www.mediafire.com/?7nm04ynkxsawx29

So, my main goal is to have the player complete a 'quest'. Once they finish that quest, I want them the have to follow a trail, leading the to the next quest. I want this to repeat on and on through out the map.

In the end, I need a way to use a command block to power a clock, then once the player hits the end of the trail, the clock turns off, and the next one turns on when the complete the quest, etc.

~Smarty101
07/21/2016 4:39 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
Some people here (http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/212694/how-do-i-use-the-particle-command-in-vanilla-minecraft) explain the /particle command pretty well.

All you would need to do is create a bunch of particles on the coordinates you want.
07/22/2016 1:39 pm
_Smarty101_
Thanks ICEThat.

~Smarty101
07/21/2016 4:25 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
jalen1563
Don't know about particles, but making blocks spawn and despawn in the air would work fine. But than there's the whole thing with mountains when the trail could end up going through mountains and such and you would lose track of it rather easily
07/22/2016 1:38 pm
_Smarty101_
Do you know where I could find the command to make blocks spawn and despawn? Thanks for the help. :3

~Smarty101
07/22/2016 2:09 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
TheBlazeNetwork
to make blocks spawn then despawn you use /setblock (x) (y) (z) (block name) then very shortly afterwards you place air in the exact same place with /setblock (x) (y) (z) air.

-here is an example [Video] of what I said above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdZcgH2Y9sU
07/22/2016 5:14 pm
_Smarty101_
Thanks everyone. I think I figured it out.

~Smarty101
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome