Need help with text rpg combat

RageLokiCat's Avatar RageLokiCat9/22/14 2:10 pm
1 emeralds 412 3
12/7/2014 2:08 pm
The_Big_Dish's Avatar The_Big_Dish
How do you think I should go about creating combat in my rpg? The first idea I had was random attack and defence, and the player just had to hope that they chose the right thing. Next, I decided to make the enemy always attack in the same pattern, but that was boring and incredibly tedious. I can't have anything that relies on timing, as the game 'pauses' while waiting for the player to choose. What do I do? So far, the player has an attack, defence, speed, strength, and health stats to work with, but I could add more.
RageLokiCat
Level 21 : Expert Pony

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/07/2014 2:08 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
The stats are fine I wouldn't add more types. Too many stats confuse me and are hard to keep track of.

You should make the monsters smart but with some randomness like they will try to kill off a character if they are below a certain health most of the time like 60% of the time maybe? And if you want them to be annoying give a few of the monsters some kind of healing ability.
12/07/2014 10:44 am
Level 28 : Expert Geek
Histor the Noob
I have an idea. The player should get increased stats as they level up, so basically, the options would be better, and also, the monsters should get tougher as the player goes on with the story, and the monsters should attack randomly, but after the player went.
12/07/2014 9:00 am
Level 21 : Expert Pony
RageLokiCat
RageLokiCatHow do you think I should go about creating combat in my rpg? The first idea I had was random attack and defence, and the player just had to hope that they chose the right thing. Next, I decided to make the enemy always attack in the same pattern, but that was boring and incredibly tedious. I can't have anything that relies on timing, as the game 'pauses' while waiting for the player to choose. What do I do? So far, the player has an attack, defence, speed, strength, and health stats to work with, but I could add more.

Bump. I know this is necroposting, but there is literally no point in me making a whole new post when there are no replies on this one.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome