Need a gaming laptop...which brand

Sometimes, we all need a little general help.

Which Type Of Laptop

ASUS
27%
Custom Laptop
13%
Mac Product
16%
Alienware
13%
Dell
7%
Thinkpad
9%
Other (post in comments)
16%

Total votes : 45

Post Permalink
by swalshey123 » 2/13/2013

WHICH LAPTOP?
Code: Select all
Which should i get

I need a laptop but i don't know which to get can someone help me?
Last edited by swalshey123 on 2/14/2013, edited 4 times in total.

Level 6
Apprentice Narwhal

Post Permalink

:D anyone?

Level 6
Apprentice Narwhal

Post Permalink
by Ennen » 2/13/2013

I use a Hewlet Packard (HP) Pavilion dm1.

It's a really small laptop (12" screen), it doesn't have an internal disc drive, but it can do erverything I need it to...like school work, it runs Minecraft with an HD+ texture and best graphics settings pretty well, unfortunately, though, it's not great for huge amounts of multitasking...I got it because of the size, I do have to take it to school and back every day, and I didn't want a really big heavy PC.

But the kind of PC you get has got to fit in with what you need it to do. If you want a gaming laptop, you need to get one with a good graphics processor and a reasonable amount of RAM (yes...a girl that know about computers...shocking, isn't it...-_-).
"A Christian and an Atheist walk into a bar. They both have a drink or two and each enjoys the other's company because they aren't pretentious assholes."
Level 42
Master Artist
Minecraft: Ennen
mc_server: 4TWGamers

Post Permalink
by Daryoush2000 » 2/13/2013

It all depends on what you will use it for. If you're going to mainly use it for games I recommend Alienware.
Level 24
Expert Mage

Post Permalink

Ennen wrote:I use a Hewlet Packard (HP) Pavilion dm1.

It's a really small laptop (12" screen), it doesn't have an internal disc drive, but it can do erverything I need it to...like school work, it runs Minecraft with an HD+ texture and best graphics settings pretty well, unfortunately, though, it's not great for huge amounts of multitasking...I got it because of the size, I do have to take it to school and back every day, and I didn't want a really big heavy PC.

But the kind of PC you get has got to fit in with what you need it to do. If you want a gaming laptop, you need to get one with a good graphics processor and a reasonable amount of RAM (yes...a girl that know about computers...shocking, isn't it...-_-).

Ty i will do some research on that type of laptop....greatly appreciated

Level 6
Apprentice Narwhal

Post Permalink
by the_soup » 2/13/2013

I wouldn't suggest Alienware. Alienware is made of Dell components with the price marked up ridiculously. You're better off just getting a Dell laptop and saving your money.
I personally use a Lenovo T400 Thinkpad laptop for all of my computing (a lovely brick of a thing) because Lenovo has a partnership with my University so I could get one at a discounted price. It's not a stellar laptop by any means but it's lasted through 4 years of being spilled on and getting dropped on the floor...so I guess I'd recommend Lenovo if you need a laptop that acts like a tank.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Level 65
High Grandmaster Ghast Rider
Says: Pressing buttons is fun!
Minecraft: LeaNoodles

Post Permalink
by RasecLOG14 » 2/13/2013

Just look for something that has a good processor, good RAM, and good graphics card and you're set for Minecraft. I use a laptop (Samsung) that has Intel i5 processor, 4gb RAM, and a GeForce graphics card. Runs about 300 FPS on Minecraft and got it for about $400. Pretty good deal if you ask me. However, it was made in 2010.
Level 1
New Architect

Post Permalink
by freshjiivetv » 2/13/2013

the_soup wrote:I wouldn't suggest Alienware. Alienware is made of Dell components with the price marked up ridiculously. You're better off just getting a Dell laptop and saving your money.
I personally use a Lenovo T400 Thinkpad laptop for all of my computing (a lovely brick of a thing) because Lenovo has a partnership with my University so I could get one at a discounted price. It's not a stellar laptop by any means but it's lasted through 4 years of being spilled on and getting dropped on the floor...so I guess I'd recommend Lenovo if you need a laptop that acts like a tank.

Completely agree. I have an alienware laptop and i've had nothing but trouble with it since i've got it, and I paid WAYYY too much for it. Check out cyberpower PC
They have some good priced laptops!
Level 1
New Miner

Post Permalink

Ty i am looking through all of these on the web

Level 6
Apprentice Narwhal

Post Permalink

I am also looking for a gaming laptop so if you no some great

Level 6
Apprentice Narwhal

Post Permalink
by Code_7 » 2/13/2013

there's no such thing as a "gaming laptop"

your just going to blow a massive hole in your wallet thinking so

before you think i'm crazy consider this...
games require high powered graphics card to get high quality graphics (medium/high on battlefield or something)
having alot of power moving around generates alot of heat
laptops are Designed to produce as little heat as possible and to conserve energy due to power being limited while mobile

laptops that break this rule of thumb are most commonly ridiculously priced, and just because a laptop has a high price tag means nothing. I had a co-worker that sold a 700$ laptop for 1500$ by simply adding a battlefield 3 wallpaper to the desktop and branding it as a gaming laptop
Level 1
New Miner
Minecraft: Code_7

Post Permalink
by Pyrominecraft2 » 2/13/2013

ASUS Republic of Gamers. Serious Specs.

Level 6
Apprentice Blacksmith
Says: One does not simply make an Epic Face.
Minecraft: Pyrominecraft2 (Duh)
mc_server: Spleef League!

Next

Return to General Help