I need Minigame ideas! I CODE YOUR GAMES!

fase's Avatar fase4/21/14 7:29 am
1 emeralds 1.6k 53
7/5/2014 6:41 pm
Find Them Creepers's Avatar Find Them Creepers
Hey all!
I have been in the mood to code minigames, but I haven't had any ideas. So, I turn to the community! Below, please post a full idea for a game. It must not be already done before, and must not be a SPORTS game. The idea must be fully developed, no "m4k3 a g4m3 w1th PVP and sw0rd5!" , post a FULL GAME. If I like the idea, I will code it and you will be able to play it on my server(not open yet)!

PLEASE! Use the form below:
Click to reveal
Form for games:
Name:
Players:
Teams:
Idea:
Winner gets:

Ex:
Name: PVP GAME OF EPICNESS
Players: up to 10
Teams: 2, Orange & Purple
Idea: Stuff happens and the purple team wins because hacks
Winner gets: 999999 coins!

Thanks!
-Phase

(Ps: I'm kinda new to the forums, so sorry if this is in the wrong section!)

(PPs:See my sig? It says 'CODER', so don't say this is fake or something stupid.)
fase
Level 11 : Journeyman Gent

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/05/2014 5:03 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
MC_Kineticz
Form for games
Name: Duck Run
Players: 2-4
Teams: 2, Hunter & Ducks
Idea: There is a 1 block obstacle course with a few blocks to hide behind, it is above lava. The ducks must run to the end of this course to gain weapons and secret access to the Hunter. The hunter is in a box, where he is provided with a bow, they must shoot the Ducks into lava before they reach him.
Winner gets: Upgrade for next round (e.g. Armor, weapons)

It's simple, but can be pretty fun, as me and a few friends discovered.
07/05/2014 3:04 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
ObsiWap
I was going to give some ideas, I always wanted for some one to code my mini-games an dcreate plugins for them, but seems like a lot are asking for it on this thread, and you won't be able to create plugins for us all, anyways I will be waiting for another posts like this one.
07/05/2014 3:00 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
You guys understand these aren't Minecraft mini games, right?
07/05/2014 6:21 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Greggory
These are ideas, read the title.
07/05/2014 6:41 pm
Find Them Creepers
"I need Minigame ideas! I CODE YOUR GAMES!"

EDIT: I reread the post... nevermind.
07/05/2014 3:05 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
Wait, what?
07/05/2014 9:53 am
Level 47 : Master uwu
Joseph
Name: Cookie Slap
Players: 2 or more.
Teams: It's free-for-all.
Idea: People have cookies (Renamed "Cookie Slapper") with Knockback 10, or so. Then they're placed in an arena high in the air, and they try and hit the other people off. People can respawn, in a safe zone, but they only have 3-5 lives. (I'm not sure how many would be good.) The last person standing, wins! And there is no armor, because the only way to die, is by falling off.
Winner gets: No idea. Maybe some in-game server money? A diamond?
07/05/2014 3:14 pm
Level 26 : Expert Toast
Cheezbergur11
Hypixel already did that on their server. It's one of the Arcade Games.
07/05/2014 9:51 am
Level 23 : Expert Spleefer
Lubzy
Name: TNT Runner
Players: 6
Teams: 6 (Everyone against each other)
Idea: You spawn in an obsidian arena in different spots of the map. You get speed IV and have to run around trying to kill the other players with many explosives. There are three classes you can choose. Spawner, Maniac, and Bomber. With spawner, you get 5 creeper eggs, and 3 blaze eggs, along with chain armor and a wooden sword for close-range attacks.. Maniac doesn't get any special explosives, but he gets a stone sword with Flame I on it, and a flint and steel. The armor is leather. Bomber gets 20 TNT and a flint and steel. A golden sword, along with gold armor. All six people run around the arena using their abilities to kill each other. Everyone gets two lives. After your lives are used up, you can spectate.
Winner gets: An emerald!
07/05/2014 9:35 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Dragon
Skitto493
Name:Fog of War

Players:Infinite (1 Killer per 10th Survivor?)

Teams:Killers and Survivors

Idea:Nobody knows who is a killer, and who is a Survivor. Everyone 30 seconds, all players get blindness for 15 seconds. During this time, Killers get diamond swords, and their names turn red. Survivors can collect "scraps" scattered around the field. They can trade in 4 scraps for a one-shot, instant-killing bow.

Winner gets: This would be on a server or something, so 10 of currency for participation, 10 for being on the winning side, and 4 currency for each kill of the other team.
07/05/2014 8:55 am
Level 32 : Artisan Pixel Painter
EmeraldModule
Name: Drop PVP
Players: As many as you want, it's a pvp game, ffa
Teams: Free for all
Idea: You setup a map, then using commands you could set where items drop from. In the beginning the items suck, like a wooden shovel, but as your progress and stay alive longer the item drops get much better such as enchanted diamond swords and diamond armor.
Winner gets: You can set it so a command runs when the winner wins.
-----------------------

Extra:

You can use signs to join.

[DropPVP]
<MapName>

It comes out looking like:

&4[&6DropPVP&4]
&aJoin Arena
&9<MapName>

PM Me when done.
07/05/2014 8:35 am
WTFshady
Name: The Treasure of King Notch(TTOKN)
Players: 8-16 players
Teams: No teams, all players are friends with each other.
Idea: Herobrine stole the treasure of King Notch. The players have to take it back from him. To do this, they need to pass through a series of challenges. If more than half of them (configurable) survive EVERY challenge, they get the treasure. The last challenge is killing Herobrine itself (A zombie with diamond enchanted armor and iron enchanted sword). The challenges that he gives to them are random. There will be 25 challenges.
Winner gets: Configurable
07/05/2014 9:24 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Cyborg
RCXcrafter
You can actually make a zombie wear an enchanted herobrine head. The enchantments will still work (even feather falling).
07/05/2014 9:28 am
WTFshady
Yeah.
07/05/2014 8:15 am
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
Team Chrosys
We have an unique and rather extremely large plugin idea, which will take months to complete. Contact me in PM or Skype for further information.

It's not a minigame, it's a server

07/05/2014 2:33 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Cyborg
RCXcrafter
Are you going to post the minigames as plugins on bukkit? I would like to have some on my server.
07/05/2014 1:02 am
Level 42 : Master Zombie
EmpathyHeals
Check out some of my minigames:

-snip-

I have videos here as well:
-snip-
Hope that's some good inspiration.
Take care,
Empathy
07/05/2014 12:46 am
fase
Silvania Studios
Phase_
(PPs:See my sig? It says 'CODER', so don't say this is fake or something stupid.)

Totally off topic but anyone can change their sig to anything. I could put mine to say head admin of PMC and mind-controller of Paril. It wouldn't stay there long once a mod saw it, but I could still do it

Submissions speak for themselves. I've not looked at yours but if you have mods up that's generally a good start.

Entire point is moot though. Why would someone call it fake...?

This thread was made in April, so I don't know what was going through my head.
07/04/2014 6:48 pm
Level 27 : Expert Pokemon
ericborkowsky
Name: Destroy The Tank
Players: 5-20?
Teams: Tank, The players
Idea: One person is selected to be the tank. A super op player with buffed up armor and weapons. The Players would have to choose a class to defeat the tank. At first the damage from the players do almost nothing to the Tank. After a while strength builds up in the XP bar. If the XP bar fills up all the way it gives you strength depending on how high your experience level is. So the progress would go like this. Level one: Strength. Level Two: Strength 2. Level Three: Strength 2 Resistance. The XP bar cannot go above 3.
Currency Systems: If the tank gets a kill he gets 2 currency. 10 currency to the winner of the game. 20 currency to whoever kills the tank.
07/04/2014 6:37 pm
Find Them Creepers
Name: Spacefire?
Players: Two.
Teams: Player One and Player Two.
Idea: So it's a top-down space based game with Gravity and Inertia. For example: If you move forward, for example, by pressing W, you keep going, slowly slowing down, unless you move the opposite direction, slowing yourself to a stop. There would be randomly placed "Planets" that would catch you into their gravity well, which would pull you down towards there surfaces. Once you hit one, you automatically lose. In order to escape, you need to achieve an escape trajectory by throttling up and going fast enough to escape. Then you'd be going fast, and you need to watch out, because here's the main game mechanic: Asteroids. They move around in random directions, and would probably be randomly sized. The premise of the game is to shoot at asteroids and try to destroy your enemy by shooting an asteroid into them, or by just shooting them. However, some asteroids explode when you shoot them, breaking up into smaller pieces, making the field more dangerous. Also, the screen would lock in the centre, for example, like in Nidhogg. One player can't leave the visible screen as long as the other player is stopping them from doing so.
Winner gets: A "You've won!" Message.
07/04/2014 6:34 pm
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
Phase_

Totally off topic but anyone can change their sig to anything. I could put mine to say head admin of PMC and mind-controller of Paril. It wouldn't stay there long once a mod saw it, but I could still do it

Submissions speak for themselves. I've not looked at yours but if you have mods up that's generally a good start.

Entire point is moot though. Why would someone call it fake...?
07/04/2014 6:31 pm
Greggory
Name:Block Run
Players: Singleplayer (1 person each game only)
Teams: 1 team
Idea: Basicly the idea is from the game Temple Run, blocks try to catch up to you, like from Hide and Seek how they move in animation like in players, but there are tnts, sand and pressure plates on the floor, so everytime you move, you have to run and keep going into directions.

Winner gets: Exp, the player can spend Exp levels for "perks"
I would like a version of this file if you end up doing this sort of thing for Java.
Thank you, and I hope you appreciate my idea.
07/04/2014 6:24 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
tacomanbro2002
Name: Arrow run
Players: 3-20 people
Teams: no free for all
Idea: you and other players are in a tube and arrows shut up from the ground fly into the arrow then come shooting down 1 hit kills you. And you are trying to be the last man standing as the arrows shoot faster every time.
Winner gets: well in the config you could have coins or a 10 second time in the shop were everything is free but the have slowness 1
07/04/2014 5:56 pm
squag333
My idea sucks but plz don't hate I'm not very creative

Click to reveal
Name: Dunno you think of 1
Players: 4
Teams: 1 v 3
Idea: the team of 3 gets put in the waiting room for 10-30 mins. The team of 1 person is in creative mode setting traps in a long twisting path. then when his time is up he goes to a room and watches as the other players have to get through his deadly path. He wins if NOBODY makes it to the end of the path. He loses if any of the 3 people get to the end.
Winner Gets: The nearest piece of dirt
07/04/2014 5:18 pm
Level 28 : Expert Engineer
48productions
Name: Super Miner
Players: 2-5 players
Teams: None
Idea: It's simple, but the way I explained it is really long. Open the spoiler for details.
Click to reveal
Each player gets an Efficiency 10 pickaxe, and needs to mine inside a large box of stone surrounded by bedrock. Inside the box, ore veins are randomly generated each game, and any areas that don't have ore are filled with stone. The game will last a set amount of time, depending on how many players have joined and how big you will decide to make the box. In vanilla, I have found that a balanced time for a game with 2 players inside a 15x14x14 box is about 15 seconds. When time is up, the ores are counted up and each player gets a score. Coal is worth 1 point, iron is worth 2 points, gold is worth 3 points, each piece of lapis/redstone mined from their respective ores is worth 1/2 point, diamonds are worth 5 points, and emeralds are worth 6 points. Once the ores have been counted up, the player with the most points is announced and the ores are cleared from the player's inventory.

Winner gets: Set in the config file.
07/04/2014 5:09 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Artist
racer884
Name: Boiled Egg
Players: up to 8
Teams: Free for all
Idea: There is an ender egg and its like hot potato but you have to hit the egg for it to jump to the next player and who ever it stops at they get out
Winner gets: coins!!!!!
07/04/2014 4:45 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
supahkik
Do you have a skype?
07/04/2014 6:37 pm
Greggory
I also want to know if you have skype.
07/05/2014 12:49 am
fase
I do.
07/05/2014 8:09 am
Greggory
Could I have your username for it please?
07/04/2014 4:56 pm
fase
Great minigame idea, but needs more development!
07/04/2014 4:41 pm
fase
Going to bump this as I now need more ideas. XD
04/27/2014 5:57 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
Salbasu
name: shuffle pvp
players: 20 players max
teams: 2 teams, red and blue
idea: players cant move but every 5 seconds, their positions get changed randomly through the map, last team to survive wins
winner gets: if its a plugin, then configurable in config
04/27/2014 5:26 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Stijnmens
[b][center]This incredibly innovative minigame is called: [/b]
[b][size=150][color=#FF0000]Ramblin' Randy's Randopalooza![/size][/color][/b]

[size=150][b]There can be an unlimited amount of players, and each player gets a random item and will use it to battle the others...[/b][/size]

[color=#BF0000][size=200][b]...TO THE DEATH![/center][/b][/size][/color]
04/27/2014 5:37 pm
fase
Dude, I'm not sure if you were trolling it not, but this seems like a flapping fabulous idea. I love you now. Keep them coming!
04/27/2014 5:18 pm
Level 28 : Expert Scribe
Cool_Time22
Name: Whodunnit
Players: 16
Teams: 1 Murderer, 2 Sleuths and 13 Guests
Idea: There is a corpse found in the mansion! The guests are flabbergasted to find it was murder- and 2 amateur detectives arise with the ability to search for clues! Meanwhile, the 14 "guests" must find whom among them is a killer...
A zombie corpse is in the parlor of a mansion. There are 14 people marked as a guest with gray names, and two people marked as sleuths with blue and red names. The sleuths are randomly given three each of six detective skills that will help them find who, where, and with what the crime was committed.
Sleuth Skills
1. Autopsy - describe the wound (blunt, sharp, poison).
2. Trail - show a redstone trail of the victim through the rooms.
3. Interrogate - get three testimonies of what happened.
4. Accuse - select one player and see if they are the killer.
5. Nightlight - prevent the lights from going out in one room.
6. Tape - close one room from entry.

Weapons
1. Knife - sharp, small.
2. Sword - sharp, large.
3. Lead Pipe - blunt, small.
4. Candlestick - blunt, large.
5. Arsenic - poison, immediate.
6. Rat Poison - poison, delayed.

There are nine rooms: The parlor, the dining room, the kitchen, the master bedroom, the balcony, the guest bedroom, the observatory, the library, and the pool. Every five minutes, the lights go out and someone in the same room as the killer dies. If the lights do not go out in a room nobody in that room dies. The goal of the game is different depending on the player:
Killer: Kill all guests.
Guests: Stay alive long enough for the Sleuths to solve the crime.
Sleuths: Solve the crime before the other Sleuth can.
Winner gets: The killer gets 2 coins per kill, 10 coins per win. Guests get 2 coins every time they survive the lights going out. Sleuths get 10 coins for winning.

If you do decide to code this and put it on your server I can help build a mansion :3
04/27/2014 4:58 pm
Level 1 : New Network
PenguinNinja376
Name: Magic Squares
Players: 20
Teams: 5
Idea: Kinda Like Turf Wars Except Smaller. 4 Players On Each Square And You Have 1 Min To Stratigize How Your Gonna Win By Using Signs You Get During The Minute. The Goal Is To Defeat All The Squares. The Squares Are Far Away From Each Other And There Are 2 Options To Get To Squares. 1: Use Wood That Is On The Squares To Get To Squares. 2: Kill Enderman That Are The Only Mob That Spawn On Squares For Their Ender Pearls. Option One Is More Relyable Because Ender Pearl Could Miss And 4v1 Is Never Fair. But There Are Other Squares That Represent Things In Your Minecraft World. Such As: Dungeons, Snow Biomes, Nether Fortresses, Caves, And More. My Point Is The Snow Biome Has Snow. Get Snowballs And Hit People Off The Bridge. There Are Randomized Items In The Biome Squares Such As: Diamonds, Wood, Ender Pearls, And Other Ore. However Different Mobs Can Spawn On Biome Squares. I Forgot To Mention The Mushroom Biome Square Where No Mobs Spawn Except Mooshrooms. I Don't Know If I Told You This But Last Square Team Standing Wins. One Last Thing. Because Im Sure Ur Getting Tired. And I Dont Blame U LOL. Bows Can Be Useful Because In This They Break Every Block Except Bedrock And Obsidian. Get Some TNT Going Shoot It With A Bow And It Wont Break. It'll Just Shoot Off Like A TNT Cannon. So Yeah. I Put A Lot Of Thinking Into It So I Hope U Like It. And U Might Have Just Skipped To The End. But I Hope Its Good And Make Sure To Say I Invented The Minigame

Winner gets: 10 Points

I Know This Is A Lot To Read But I Hope U Like The Idea
04/27/2014 4:32 pm
fase
Bumpdidump
04/24/2014 4:52 am
fase
*cough cough* bump *cough cough*
04/21/2014 8:37 pm
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
][-DrReli-][
Let me rephrase my submission.. I will use it if you code c:..

Name: Death Run.
Players: 8
Teams: There'll be 1 killer and 7 runners.
Idea: The 7 runners need to run to the very end of the obstacle and the portal will lead you to the killer's base.. And the killer will pull out the levers so the paths will go away... Or maybe.. some monsters will run and go eat the runners BUT if a runner goes to the portal into the very end of the obstacle, the runner will gain sword and he/she need to kill the killer.. The killer's choice is only run if the runner is in his BASE.
Winner gets: 10 points if the runner killed the killer and 10 points too if the killer has killed all the runners in the obstacle.

I DONT KNOW TF2 NOR I DONT KNOW I COPIED!
04/21/2014 8:33 pm
][-DrReli-][
Phase_
][-DrReli-][Death Run.
What we do in Death Run : There is 1 killer and 7 runners each game.
The 7 runners need to run to the very end of the obstacle and the portal will lead you to the killer's base.. And the killer will pull out the levers so the paths will go away... Or maybe.. some monsters will run and go eat the runners BUT if a runner goes to the portal into the very end of the obstacle, the runner will gain sword and he/she need to kill the killer.. The killer's choice is only run if the runner is in his BASE.

Please use the form posted!

sry i didnt saw spoiler.
04/21/2014 12:45 pm
fase
Eh bump! I really want to see more ideas!
04/21/2014 9:32 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Farmer
LeanZach25
Name:Creepers And Cats
Players:As much as you want (you just need a bigger playing field)
Teams:1 Everyone (they work together)
Idea: There are creepers spawning and you need to stick with ocelots to get loot
from chest
Winner gets: Loot from chest or your currency for how much points they get (if you do the points you can set them to what ever you want)
04/21/2014 9:25 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
adam12345678910
The Escape

Where one person called the jumper has jump boost and resistance And speed 2 and a iron sword the others called runners have to get away. The runners get to go 30 seconds before the jumper. The runners have to reach the end
04/21/2014 9:08 am
][-DrReli-][
roryd04
][-DrReli-][Death Run.
What we do in Death Run : There is 1 killer and 7 runners each game.
The 7 runners need to run to the very end of the obstacle and the portal will lead you to the killer's base.. And the killer will pull out the levers so the paths will go away... Or maybe.. some monsters will run and go eat the runners BUT if a runner goes to the portal into the very end of the obstacle, the runner will gain sword and he/she need to kill the killer.. The killer's choice is only run if the runner is in his BASE.

Isn't this a copy of Death Run from Team Fortress 2, where one player is behind a wall but they can see the player and then pull levers to do traps to make them die.

;p i dont play tf2 nor i didnt know i copied
04/21/2014 8:36 am
Spurcraft
Name:Darkness
Players:10
Teams:One Killer other Runners
Idea:Well the idea is there is a map and sombody has to run around and kill the other but the runners get a bow or somthing to defend thereselfs and if you die you spectate. but the runners have a blindness effect thats where the Darkness part comes in.
Winner gets: depends how long you stay alive or if the hunger kills everybody he gets 20 gems/coins
04/21/2014 8:32 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
levi8george
Name: EnderEgg Hunt
Players: 4
Teams: It would be FFA (Free for all)
Idea: As the 4 players would start at their own staircase, they would run up the staircase then encounter a big maze where they would have to find their way to the middle to get to the egg's podium while not getting killed by the other players. Once killed you must go back to your staircase. If you make it to the middle you must climb up a very long ladder to get to the egg. First player to left click the egg wins!
Winner gets: 1 Diamond.
04/21/2014 9:33 am
fase
Coding this right now!
04/21/2014 8:26 am
fase
KillerUnicornsName: Reverse Dropper
Players: 4 Players max
Teams: 4 teams Red Blue Yellow Green
Idea: When players stand on a certain block they jump and it shoots them upwards avoiding random blocks to land on another pad. Game keeps changing as winner is made!
Winner gets: lots of money $$$ (coins)

That isn't a bad idea!
04/21/2014 8:20 am
Level 46 : Master Unicorn
KillerUnicorns
Name: Reverse Dropper
Players: 4 Players max
Teams: 4 teams Red Blue Yellow Green
Idea: When players stand on a certain block they jump and it shoots them upwards avoiding random blocks to land on another pad. Game keeps changing as winner is made!
Winner gets: lots of money $$$ (coins)

_ _ _ _
0 0
0 0
_ _ _ _
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome