I need more players on my server, No one will stay?

GCRacecar484's Avatar GCRacecar48411/22/15 5:01 pm
1 emeralds 252 4
12/4/2015 2:00 pm
Alliantcraft's Avatar Alliantcraft
Hello, as the title states, I need more players. I have been advertising on multiple sites and my server attracts some people but most of them never stay or they just ask for staff and leave. Does anyone know how I can get players on my server that will stay? By this i mean loyal players. I would pay for advertising but i dont really trust it anymore from past experiences. If anyone could help IT would be great.

Our server has a ton to offer and has the nicest staff , factions,creative,survival,skyblock,mob arena, RSW , soon minigames, I don't know why people wont stay
GCRacecar484
Level 6 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/04/2015 2:00 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Alliantcraft
yeah, you just gotta ignore the people that ask for staff. You also need patience you servers aren't going grow overnight. You need to give it a couple months at least and make sure your server is always up to date.
11/29/2015 5:09 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
macgarthur
If players aren't staying, you gotta ask yourself "am I doing something wrong?". It does sound like you're trying to cater to everyone by installing every plugin you can imagine and that does throw a lot of people off. Is it a skyblock server, a factions server, a creative server, what the hell is going on here and they leave. Imagine you joined your server and had never seen or heard anything about it before, it's brand new to you. Is the server easy to get around or is it very confusing? Do you know what you're supposed to do or are you confused? How is the community, are they welcoming or toxic? Would you stay on the server if you didn't own it?

I get my fair share of players who join, ask for staff and leave. You don't want those players so don't care about them. They'll join 20 servers a day and ask for staff and only stay on ones that do.
11/25/2015 10:37 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Altitude Community
It sounds like your server is just a jumbled up collection of random features. Theres nothing in specific that you focused on - you just added everything you could think of.

To create a successful server you need to pick exactly what you want your server to be and then work on perfecting that specific thing. Pick a goal for your server - what is your server all about and what makes it unique from others? Factions OR Survival OR Creative OR Minigames, maybe even one specific minigame. Once you pick the ONE thing you want to perfect you add only plugins that relate to that topic. Once you have your plugins you need to perfect them. Make them all work together, configure each one to behave exactly how you want it to. From the players perspective everything should flow together and feel like one solid server. Not a bunch of individual plugins.

Many new server owners just throw together a bunch of stuff. There are thousands of servers like that, and none of them are really built that well. A big long list of features doesnt attract players, and this is the big mistake new server owners make.
11/22/2015 7:53 pm
Level 1 : New Network
iNoobSquid
Probably because they think you need staff and think its dissapointing that you didnt! But of course I will play with yah!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome