I need an opinion on this.

Landissure's Avatar Landissure4/17/15 12:06 am
1 emeralds 173 6
4/18/2015 12:21 pm
Faxwy's Avatar Faxwy
Hello.
(This is my first post, so please excuse/advise me on subtle rule violations- and yes, I have read the rules.)

I'm looking for an opinion on a server project I'm working on. It's a vanilla server operated by command blocks.

The server is set in the space age, and players can fly from planet to planet to conquer, explore or mine.

Space travel: Players can fly through the air (no gravity in space) until they are hovering over a planet, at which point gravity will take over and they will fall onto its surface. For long journeys to other systems, they need to buy / build a spacecraft.

Spacecraft: At some point in the game, players will be able to buy a spacecraft. This will allow them to travel to far-off points on the map ("systems") and leave the beginner world. These spacecraft can be upgraded with "warp-drive" and weapons enhancements to deal with various issues.

Battle: Spacecraft jumping from system to system will have a chance of engaging each other. The battles are text-based, (technical info:)
Click to reveal
with a series of colored wool blocks inside the craft acting as a code that can be read to determine weapons and whatnot
and are dependent on different spacecraft strengths and upgrades.

Think intragalactic factions.
Maybe not factions, but a simulation-style game plus factions.

Here's a sample image of a space station, an asteroid, a spacecraft and Astrid the space zombie.

Regards,
Landissure
Landissure
Level 1 : New Crafter