"NEED OPINIONS" Creating a "unique" type of factions server

RossiosInc's Avatar RossiosInc7/28/14 4:57 pm
1 emeralds 275 8
7/29/2014 4:18 pm
RossiosInc's Avatar RossiosInc
First of all, I am sick of joining faction servers, all with the same template. You start of with an overpowered starter kit, build a base, and then eventually get run down, by op donators, who payed for ranks right up in the price range of £100+, and their features for donating are nearly impossibly achieved by a non-donator, leaving you in the position that you have to donate to get an edge over your opponents. But what if you do donate? The server then randomly goes offline within a couple of weeks. The admins don't listen to normal players and only respond to donators. The server broadcasts a message every 5 seconds about how you should donate and how you have to vote to receive items, that are ridiculously over the top, with things like diamond blocks etc. I have been on about 20 odd factions servers over the last few days, and every single one of them have been like this. So now, I want your opinions on a more traditional take on a factions server, that will be more based around the players, rather than the owners wallet.

Ill try to keep this short and sweet because I've already wrote alot for my introduction. I'm looking to create a simple factions server, with no over complicated plugins, and no unfair advantages to people who donate money to the server, a server that is based solely around the player.

The server will be a factions pvp server, that doesn't follow the same path as nearly every other server out there. The spawn will be small, and not cluttered with signs and things like statues of staff, the server will also not contain a hub, so you can easily jump straight into factions. The world will be bordered, so no one can run out into 1000000 x and 1000000 z to build a base, bases can be easily found by other factions.

No overpowered donator ranks, votifier bonuses or staff features. It will be a level playing field for all players, of course, and one who does donate or vote, will receive an award, but these awards and features will still be available to achieve to the normal players, eg, for donating for a certain rank you get to set 2 more homes, get some mmo levels, and a set of diamond armor, for voting, you get say a diamond or 2, etc. You also not spawn with OP starter kits, this completely removes the point of faction survival, when you start off with something like a set diamond armor, and enough supplies to build a base. In this server you will start off with maybe leather armour, stone tools, a chest, furnace and workbench.

There will be no tnt and explosions. So to raid bases you have to pvp and find loopholes in the enemy factions base protection. This will also help with the world border, in a way which the factions grow so much they will be fighting for land.

Plugins like mcmmo, silkspawners and combat log will be in place.

In relevance to factions, you can open and operate everything in other peoples claimed land, except stone buttons and levers. Also as a side note, I had the idea that players could only build in their claimed land.

This is just a rough idea of my perfect type of factions server, and if it works and people like he concept of it, you can message me or hit me up on skype (rossios_inc), as I may need staff positions etc.

Thanks for reading and I soon hope to be hearing peoples opinions.
RossiosInc
Level 1 : New Miner