I Need People to Help Me With A Manga Idea

JediJerboa's Avatar JediJerboa6/25/16 10:52 am
1 emeralds 6.1k 94
2/24/2017 12:23 pm
ParadoxMM's Avatar ParadoxMM
Clash of Unity was an idea that I had for a manga earlier this year. The problem was that I could never draw the characters quite right and the universe still seemed so flat. So I'm opening up this universe to a community that could help me move this manga along.

Clash of Unity is about ninjas. Ok, that's a little broad. Clash of Unity is about different clans of ninjas in a realm that seems almost opposite of the real world. Myths become real, gods roam the earth, and much of the impossible becomes possible.
I will provide more information later. This forum is creating a new universe, but it will have more restrictions than most.

If you enjoy sci-fi better and want less rules, go visit my other forum since it seems to have slowed down in the past few days. Here's the link: http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/create-universe-with-other-writers-t555379.html

Right now, I just want some rough ideas for ninjas that could be applied later. I will post new information from my notes that I wrote down. I cannot guarantee anything will be put on a blog or made into a web manga since I am a bit inexperienced and wary about drawing on the computer and as I mentioned before, I feel I am terrible at manga.

Also, don't forget have fun while writing on this thread!
JediJerboa
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/24/2017 12:23 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
ParadoxMM
Which version of Sumiye did you like better?
02/23/2017 10:43 am
ParadoxMM
Alright, that took a while! Procrastination got the best of me for a couple weeks, but I'm back. Here are the drawings: http://imgur.com/a/OaRju
02/24/2017 9:31 am
JediJerboa
Thanks so much Prof_Jake_MQ! I'm getting back into practicing my drawings, so I may take the creatures into my hands, as that is my specialty.
02/07/2017 8:44 pm
ParadoxMM
What did you have in mind for the three clans you mentioned? It will help to know for when I get around to drawing other characters. Also, I managed to come up with some ideas for Sumiye.
02/07/2017 9:11 pm
JediJerboa
For the lotus, I wanted to show a lotus blossom, just to keep it simple. For Swallowtail, I wanted to have a swallowtail perched on a cherry blossom branch. And for Eclipse, I wanted to show the sun being partially covered by the shadow of the moon.
02/07/2017 10:56 am
ParadoxMM
Just realized you never said what the symbol/insignias for the different clans looked like.
02/07/2017 11:19 am
JediJerboa
Now that you bring it up, I didn't make any symbols for the clans yet. However, the ones I have an idea for is Swallowtail, Lotus, and Eclipse. You're welcome to experiment with symbols if you'd like.

Also, i'd be very interested in hearing you ideas.
02/07/2017 10:00 am
JediJerboa
The Lotus Clan
The ninjas of the Lotus Clan emphasize deception in all aspects of their warrior code. Whether it be through a façade of innocence of harmlessness or using their enemy's fear against them, ninjas of the Lotus Clan are great at tricking their enemy. From a young age, these ninjas learn how the mind works and how it perceives things. They also have a resistance to a multitude of poisons and learn great stealth skills. They are quite hard to track, as they seem to leave no trace and have learned to brainwash witnesses. Their skills in combat have also earned them recognition as adaptable and extraordinary warriors.Traits of mental fortitude and cleverness are highly valued in this clan.
Characters
Kohana Gushiken, Michio Hanazawa

Ordination

Torrent Clan
Torrent Clan ninjas adhere to a very strict and highly valued warrior code. These ninjas embody the sheer tenacity of a raging thunderstorm. Some of these ninjas have learned to use the storms and their power for their own use. They are usually very stubborn and also highly competitive. They easily develop rivalries and constantly try and out-do one another. There is not much variation in their fighting style due to their warrior code limiting such things. However, their will is almost unbreakable and their sense of honor is strong. Even Lotus ninjas have a hard time brainwashing these ninjas, as they refuse to give up. Compliance and honor are big factors in the Torrent Clan.
Characters

Ordination

Eclipse Clan
The Eclipse Clan ninjas are all about refusing to abandon anything, whether it be another person, the old ways, and especially hope itself. These ninjas greatly embrace the tradition of the gods choosing the path of a warrior. The god that has chosen the warrior will have them wear the pelt of the god's symbolic animal. They are considered to be a primitive and barbaric clan for their beliefs, yet they still continue their ways. Usually, if you see a Eclipse ninja, there is probably another lurking around somewhere. They are ferocious fighters, using some primitive techniques and weapons with brutal efficiency. Hope and companionship are the most important values of this clan.
Characters

Ordination

Pulse Clan
Ninjas of the Pulse Clan (That name sounds stupid now that I'm writing it here) are the innovators of all ninjas. Creativity and persistence are highly valued, and for good reason. Pulse ninjas are always developing new weapons and techniques, making them highly unpredictable. Their warrior code is very loose and does not impose many rules. They don't even have a set uniform. Many ninjas rely on them to forge them weapons, as their quality is unrivaled throughout the clans.
Characters

Ordination

Tremor Clan
Tremor ninjas are pretty much all brute force when looking at their warrior code. They prefer hand-to-hand combat and are known for being the strongest fighters. They prefer not to use weapons, and what they lack in strategy, they make up for devastating power. Strength and courage are their most valued virtues.
Characters

Ordination

Glacial Clan
Glacial Clan ninjas are always in pursuit of tranquility and removing themselves from the troubles of the the world. They have learned to lose the feeling of pain, grief, and even anger. They also place emphasis on the act of freezing things and the patience it requires. They are great tacticians and some have been known to have the power of seeing into the future. They care about nothing and have no emotion, lessening their passion for battle. Yet do not underestimate their skills, for they are masters of combat, and feel no remorse in murdering others. These ninjas value tranquility and patience.
Characters

Ordination

Canopy Clan
Canopy Clan (Ugh, it's sounds so bad) ninjas are a diverse group of ninjas that call the deep forest home. They are masters of escape artistry and use the surroundings to their advantage. They emphasize speed and agility, making them very capable of outrunning a foe. They are skilled with many types of weaponry but are lacking when it comes to hand-to-hand combat. This clan is mainly comprised of spies and thieves since their skillset fits these requirements. They greatly value agility and humility.
Characters

Ordination

Ablaze Clan
The ninjas of the Ablaze Clan are some of the most courageous warriors around. Many ninjas of this clan have fiery tempers and are always ready for a fight. Some can control flames, but most do not have the patience to perfect this art. They train endlessly to perfect their skills, leading to many different skill sets. However, most share a great skill in weaponry. It can be tough to survive in this clan, as if you fall behind, you risk your own life. These ninjas value courage and skill above all things.
Characters

Ordination

Swallowtail Clan
The Swallowtail Clan is one of peace and goodwill. Many of these ninjas roam the land, seeking to serve others, sometimes not realizing the consequences of doing so. The Swallowtail Clan does not believe in harming others, so their tactics are only defensive and non-lethal. They do not have a warrior code, since they do not consider themselves "war-bringers". These ninjas highly value goodwill and peace of mind.
Characters

Ordination

*not finished
02/06/2017 11:58 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Anxiety Opossum
Though, I'm not going to take the time to read through this whole forum post (not right now, at least. It's like 1 in the morning for me.), I'm glad to see I'm not the only writing a manga! Good luck!
02/06/2017 10:19 pm
ParadoxMM
Sounds kind of like Mercy from Overwatch, except Mercy is a Healer. I'll see what I can come up with and get back to you via PM so we don't extend the thread by pages with discussion about the character design. Also, do you have a description of Guardian armor in this thread, or is it not something you posted?
02/06/2017 10:40 pm
JediJerboa
Not specifically, but here's what I found:
This mech suit is tricked out with all sorts of dangerous tech. Modeled after the superheroes from the comics she read as a child, the visor gives a readout on the suit’s status, incoming attacks, calculating outcomes, getting information for repairs and medical aid, and mental support.

I also noted that the original name was the Seraphim suit. I might have to change that.
02/07/2017 9:31 am
ParadoxMM
Alright, I'll see what I can do. I might be a few days because of college and work, but I'll get to it by the week's end.
02/06/2017 9:51 pm
ParadoxMM
I'll start with Sumiye Michizoe, I suppose. I think they sound similar to me, though in a more linear way, as well as the fact that we are opposite genders. Also, I need the practice with female characters. So, what do they look like?
02/06/2017 10:15 pm
JediJerboa
Sumiye is a bit of geek and a bit socially awkward. I always imagined her with glasses or some kind of visor so she could focus her aim. Instead of a uniform, Sumiye wears her Guardian armor with angel wings, which has a sleeker design than most mech armor, but more armor can be called if the situation calls for it. She also wears two cuffs on her arm, which houses a lot of tools for her use. As for the specifics of her features, I hadn't quite thought of them other than her long black hair in a ponytail.
02/05/2017 9:40 pm
ParadoxMM
Okay, I've come to the conclusion that I can't wrap my head around all of this the way it is presented. Forgive me for being picky, and I don't mean to be a bother, but do you think you could make a more "comprehensive" version? Like, arrange all of this info in a more logical way?
02/06/2017 9:38 am
JediJerboa
Can do, my friend! Is there any particular way you would like this to be organized?
02/06/2017 6:18 pm
ParadoxMM
Like, compile it together similar to a wiki, in a way. So take a clan and list all the information about it that you have along with characters who apart of it. I guess that would make it a bit easier. Anyways, I did see that you have some characters figured out as far as appearance. Are there any you would like me to draw?
02/06/2017 6:42 pm
JediJerboa
Will do my friend! I might use the tabs to keep everything organized. As for a character to draw, I will let you decide which one you would like to draw.
01/31/2017 7:58 pm
ParadoxMM
I could help. I'm pretty good at drawing and character building/designing. I'm also a pretty good storywriter.
02/02/2017 1:42 pm
JediJerboa
Any help is appreciated, and I'm excited to see what you will come up with!
02/02/2017 5:03 pm
Level 43 : Master Dragon
Bard Bard
As am I. Good luck Prof. Jake!
02/05/2017 9:23 pm
ParadoxMM
Well, first I need to actually go through and read this thread, cuz it is pretty long! XD Once I manage to sift through it, I'll see what I can do. In the mean time, is there anything in particular you need, such as character drawings?
02/01/2017 5:26 pm
Bard Bard
Great! I'm sure that JediJerboa will be more than happy to accept you in! :)
01/31/2017 4:54 pm
JediJerboa
Bump. Anyone else willing to help out?
01/30/2017 7:38 pm
JediJerboa
I'm running a bit short on characters and it's becoming especially difficult to make them very original and unique. Any contributions are welcome, even if it is just a little tidbit of information.
01/29/2017 11:42 am
JediJerboa
Alright so I've been working on Sumiye escrima sticks and other weapons. Called, the "Alley Tigers", Sumiye uses these modified lead pipes with brutal efficiency. But if whacking someone over the head with them doesn't quite cut it, the "Alley Tigers can form into a double-barrel shotgun with enough force to colossus' head clean off. Sumiye also wears the Tesla cuffs, which are pretty much the Swiss Army knife of weapons. Darts, mini missiles, magnets, repulsion rays, and so much more can be housed within the cuffs. The cuffs also help charge her Rerouters, the brass knuckle gloves designed with her own deadly twist. Every punch she takes stores the energy of her foe, which can be released in one nice knuckle sandwich. Sumiye also carries a halberd with lasers for blades, a magnetic shield that acts like a giant deadly boomerang, and standard ninja gear. However, when even all these weapons fail, Sumiye has one last trick up her sleeve, the Guardian armor. With this cyber suit, Sumiye exceed the speed of sound with ease with the angel-like wings, take the blast of a 21 kiloton explosion, and power all her weapons up to maximum capacity.
01/28/2017 10:51 am
Bard Bard
JediJerboa
rupert
JediJerboaBump. Still looking for writers and artists to collaborate with on this project!

I would be willing to help, but I have no experience in manga. :o

Thanks rupert. And don't worry about experience, because this is my first time writing a manga. I would just create what you want to create.

Ok, thank you :)
01/28/2017 10:06 am
JediJerboa
rupert
JediJerboaBump. Still looking for writers and artists to collaborate with on this project!

I would be willing to help, but I have no experience in manga.

Thanks rupert. And don't worry about experience, because this is my first time writing a manga. I would just create what you want to create.
01/27/2017 3:05 pm
JediJerboa
Bump. Still looking for writers and artists to collaborate with on this project!
01/27/2017 5:30 pm
Bard Bard
I would be willing to help, but I have no experience in manga. :o
01/23/2017 9:14 am
JediJerboa
Bump. Still looking for writers and artists to help out.
01/20/2017 5:46 pm
JediJerboa
I'm looking for a manga artist that who could draw some sketches of some characters. I would do it myself, but I end up drawing nightmares instead of humans. If you are willing to draw, please do not hesitate to speak up now!
01/18/2017 6:46 pm
JediJerboa
I'm working on a demon possessing a sheet of origami paper for Sumiye to function as both a weapon and tool to solve problems. For instance, the paper could be folded into a dragon and come to life, its small size making it perfect for sneaking around and pretty much wreaking havoc. The edges of the origami are very sharp, and even the slightest touch can leave a pretty nasty wound. The demon can also still use the powers of what it has been folded into, like the dragon where it can fly and shoot fire. The idea is pretty rough around the edges, and just writing it here makes me cringe a little bit as I read over it. If you have any ideas on how to improve this idea, please feel free to share it.
01/18/2017 11:04 am
JediJerboa
Anyone else got any ideas for creatures? I'm trying to study Japanese mythology and cryptozoology, but all the sources I found are unreliable.
01/17/2017 12:25 pm
JediJerboa
I've been trying to work on Siniju Himi for a while, but progress for her is slow, as is the case with Mirai Koyama. If anyone is interested in working on them, please feel free to share your ideas!
01/15/2017 5:28 pm
JediJerboa
Alright, I'm finally back to work on this thread. I've been working on a Swallowtail character who sees the corruption in his clan and how the Ablaze clan is taking advantage of it. So he never came back to declare himself a true member of the Swallowtail Clan, as he did not wish to swear his life to an unworthy cause. He pleads the help of Kohana Gushiken, offering to help her finish her training in the White Lotus (peaceful Lotus clan training) arts from his studies of the lost clan. He disables, but he does not kill, making him a paragon example of Swallowtail ideals.
12/21/2016 1:12 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
MableSyrup
Wait wait wait, I'm confused. You are asking for assistance, yes? Assistance in drawing manga or story writing (I can do both but I'm also terrible at both). I'd love to help because I need friends and I have too much free time ;~;

BIG EDIT : I just realized there are 5 pages to this. XD Okay, right. So I would love to help you with your manga. I can kind of do art and I think this might be a good opportunity to strengthen myself. I can show you some art of mine, just pm me. ;3
I'm also an aspiring writer so I can help you with your story arc and stuff. <3 <3 <3
12/20/2016 8:35 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Mishi_Kiti
This sounds really cool, but WHAT IF

One ninja realizes that the "Other side"'s rumars are true, SO the people that are IRL superstitious are atualy ninjas that were banished.
12/20/2016 4:31 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Artist
DepthStrider
Not really here to help atm, kingd of busy. Sorry about that. I'll be checking this thread out now and then though, so don't give up.
12/20/2016 2:10 pm
JediJerboa
Bump.
12/19/2016 2:04 pm
JediJerboa
Ok... I haven't been able to develop as much information as I wanted to due to some recent testing I was required to do. If anyone has any ideas to contribute, feel free to share them!
12/13/2016 2:13 pm
JediJerboa
Well, I don't believe I can make any more progress by myself, so the story is just kind of stuck in a crude and broken state. If anyone could pitch in, it would be greatly appreciated, even if it is just a morale booster. I would also like to ask anyone with any talent in drawing manga to help give me pointers on what to draw and in what style. However, I would be overwhelmed if you would like to submit your own rough sketch of a character, animal, weapon, etc. Thank you, and happy holidays!
12/05/2016 1:19 pm
JediJerboa
I think the character that needs the most development is Mirai Koyama, who doesn't have any information other than being a child psychic warrior. Yes, I am keeping the baby blanket thing for her, since I think it's adorable. It is also attributed to my baby blankets I had as I kid, which I would use as a weapon myself (It's a long story). But anyway, what else should I do for Mirai?
12/04/2016 12:19 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
Also for the god weapons you should make a bow that belonged to the wind goda fujin. The bow allows the arrow to ride upon the winds, so it is basically a homing arrow travelling any distance to hit it's target. It would also be able to shoot powerful blasts of wind in the direction it is facing if there is no arrow.

You also know how some of the japanese gods disappeared and turned into dragons. maybe you could also have the ninja's sometimes have to fight the crazed dragons that used to be gods. they also have powers that relate to the god they used to be, making them a lot more dangerous.
12/03/2016 11:51 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
I think you should do something where a ninja that was exiled travels to the samuri's and spills a lot of the ninja's secrets for revenge. Then one of the clans gets wiped out in an attack on their home base. This would be kind of like what actually happened to the ninjas, where someone who knew their information spilled their secrets and the samurai managed to defeat them when they were all hiding in a walled town. also this would be a good plot twist, though i wouldn't reccomend having one of the major clans from the storyline be defeated, just a clan that isn't really as big a part of the storyline.

Btw, if this idea has been said sorry cause i didn't read all the pages
12/04/2016 1:27 pm
JediJerboa
Well, the Lotus kind of get wiped out, but I've already said too much. However, I don't plan on killing off any clans, because that would mean killing off all the valuable samurai.
12/03/2016 7:58 pm
JediJerboa
Bump. Please help me!
11/29/2016 11:29 am
JediJerboa
Ok, I know it has been a while, but I've found some good things since the last update. There's more development for the Swallowtail Clan, and how they've been pretty much brainwashed into committing acts of ill will by the Ablaze Clan. Also, we now have samurais and shoguns, and they now add a bit more opposition to the ninjas.

Sumiye's story has also changed as her parents banished her across the Fissure as she was practicing the arts of a ninja. However, she doesn't quite fit in as a ninja either, as she loves to go in guns blazing, ruining the classic stealth approach of a ninja. Her technology does however mend the rift between the samurai and ninjas of the Pulse Clan.
10/10/2016 9:42 am
JediJerboa
Bump. Please help. I hate it when good ideas are left to die.
09/24/2016 1:42 pm
JediJerboa
I'm still looking for help, as I'm developing other ideas as of now. Pokémon: Lost Civilization, Black Jacket, Dogma, Pokémon: The Grigsby Files, Dogma, and The Knights of Merlin are only a few of the other ideas I'm working on, and this one has really lost a lot of inspiration. If you have any suggestions that might get my muse back in working order, please share them. I would hate to let an idea go to waste.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome