Need Reccomendations!

AshPro's Avatar AshPro10/19/16 5:37 pm
1 emeralds 426 8
10/23/2016 8:02 pm
AshPro's Avatar AshPro
Hello everyone!

I've thought of the idea of having a server for a long while but could never really figure what the best option would be out of the 2 below.

1. Build a spawn yourself suiting your precise preference but will take a long time.

2. Use a spawn made by someone else then totally tweaking it within a short period of time that will suit your preference for the server.

Will appreciate it I can get reccomendations or even opinions as it will help

Thanks!
AshPro
Level 2 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/23/2016 8:02 pm
AshPro
Thanks for your advise and opinions ladies and gentlemen! This will really help
10/20/2016 2:27 pm
Level 1 : New Network
NATIVE RAZER
I also think building it yourself is the best way. Get a few friends together start building. Let everyone add their own touch to the server. It makes the process fun and having everyone contribute makes the final product that much better.

Like it was said above everyone has a different build style and that makes your server stand out as different; and in this game that's what important.

Also NEVER use a pre-build and came its yours, seen it and watched servers crumble because of bad rep.

GOOD LUCK

RAZER
10/20/2016 1:53 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Network
Geekles
Personally I highly recommend that you take the time to build everything on your own. Even if you're not a great builder I've developed my build techniques by building almost everything on my server. Downloading a spawn and "tweaking it" to make it look original never seems to work. There's always a strong resemblance and if you were to totally change it so it completely looked like your own work you probably would work for just as long as if you just tried building your own spawn. Creating a custom theme and environment to your server is important; It makes your server unique and professional.
~Geekles
10/20/2016 1:49 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
I'd go with your first variant, because it's free and probably more fun than hiring someone to do it for you or just downloading one. Also, it'd probably suit you better if u made it.
10/20/2016 11:28 am
Level 20 : Expert Architect
Mr_Wolf_Jr
I think with the options you have there are benefits to both.

1. Building your own spawn means you know every block in that section that was placed and placed with great detail. It also allows you to better improve your build skills. Plus if you are trying to develop a server where the spawn has a similar feel to the rest of your server its nice to know how to build your other areas based of the spawn.

2, There are a lot of great builders out there. Everyone has a unique building style so you can find new things at every turn it seems like on PMC. Development is very key to a new server which we can all agree on but the appeal is even more important. Gamers want to feel comfortable and feel like there is a reason for them to stay with a server and a well developed spawn usually helps. I have left servers when i spawn right next to a tree surrounded by a building that is a box because it felt so underdeveloped.

I hope this helps in some way. I know when i was trying to find a team to start a server with it was hard to agree on a theme so that is why i started to build my own spawn point and then go from there to show people the idea i have.
10/20/2016 5:41 am
AshPro
Thanks TomConn + CHorse, for your suggestions! it Helps
10/19/2016 8:15 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Fish
CHorse
1- who cares how long it takes? No one remembers movies by how long they took, usually they're rated by quality and originality.
10/19/2016 7:24 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
I will say number 1. But with a tiny twist to it.

You actually have 3 options on your "Build it yourself".

1: Make it with a friend - It'll take a lot of time, but can be a great help to keeping the spirit alive.

2: Find a Free Build team to help you - Go onto some forums and ask if anyone wants to help you create your awesome spawn! Usually these people aren't the best, nor the most effecient, but they can be a wonderfull help to big projects.

3: Hire a pro build team - Depending on what quality you want, prices can be very different amoung build teams. Just to give you an example: If you wanted someone big like BlockWorks to build your spawn, the price would be... Well at least 400-700$ I guess?
However smaller teams also exist which are fast and have small prices like: 100x100 = 15$. You really just have to go around and ask a few builders, and if they don't want to build for you, ask them about what you could then do.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome