I NEED A SCREEN RECORDER FOR GAMING!

serdarminecraft's Avatar serdarminecraft5/28/15 1:18 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 36
5/30/2015 9:48 am
NanoPi's Avatar NanoPi
Hello guys, Can someone find me a screen recorder which is free, without a watermark, Can record both windows8 desktop, Games on full screen. I cant use obs and other recording softwares which has known issues with amd gpu laptops with integrated graphics.

EDIT: I also want the video to be exported as AVI or mp4. I dont care if it has performance issues. I also want the file size to be low since our ISP gives us low upload speed for some reason. (I HAVE A SLOW INTERNET) I tryed fraps but i recorded 20 mins without a problem. File size is 12 gigs.
serdarminecraft
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/30/2015 9:48 am
Level 1 : New Miner
NanoPi
Mishira
very similar to obs and xsplit
it encodes h264 + aac and the output file for local recording can be mp4 or mkv

other possibilities:

OBS Multiplatform
rewrite of Open Broadcaster Software.
a test build is available for Windows.
you can pick nearly any audio/video file type for local file recording but it would be a good idea to stick to its h264+aac in flv file format.

MSI Afterburner (predator video capture)
can use hardware encoders: Intel QuickSync, NVIDIA NVENC and AMD VCE.
can use software encoders: RTV1, MJPG, or any vfw codec you have installed.
outputs avi or wmv file format.
audio is likely to be uncompressed.
overlay feature might crash steam/xfire/raptr overlay.

Open Broadcaster Software
you might have already tried this one. it's not OBS Multiplatform.
it encodes h264 + aac/mp3 and the output file for local recording can be flv or mp4.

do you edit your footage after capturing?
do you use Windows Movie Maker?
I found that installing LAVFilters allows Movie Maker to open many audio/video formats. one such format is flv from obs.
05/29/2015 2:39 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
NoahDoesMC
LoiLo Game Recorder is pretty good.
http://loilo.tv/us/product/game_recorder It's not the best, but it works nicely.
05/29/2015 2:34 pm
Level 22 : Expert Dragonborn
badboy3246
How about using the good ol steady hand and a low quality phone?
05/29/2015 12:38 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Crafter
PotatoBeenCrafted
If you can record it with fraps, I suggest using an editor to dull down the MBs.
05/29/2015 12:31 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Just use FRAPS or OBS. Once you have the video recorded, render it through Windows Movie Maker to get a smaller file for upload.
05/29/2015 11:12 am
serdarminecraft
Thanks for all replys. I think im going to try and find a way to reduce the size of the fraps file or use raptr app.
05/28/2015 4:34 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Use the AMD Gaming Evolved client, it's like Shadowplay, but for AMD.

If you had Windows 10, you could use the game capture that comes with 10. (It's like Shadowplay/AMD Gaming Evolved)
05/28/2015 4:17 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1279828
[deleted]
05/28/2015 3:41 pm
Level 44 : Master Lad
Gravedigger7777
Mate don't listen to everyone talking, the screen recorders you should try are:

Dxtory - (9/10)

Fraps - ( 7/10)

EzyVid -(4/10)

Action! -(7/10)

Shadow Play (If you have a Nvidia graphics card) - (8/10)

Bandicam - (6/10)

SnapIt - (2/10)

OBS - (9/10)

Hope this helps, my favourite recorder is Dxtory btw, so anyway hope this helps!
05/28/2015 3:48 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Farmer
Lex The Gallade
You didn't read any of this post, did you?

CANNOT USE OBS

CANNOT USE NVIDIA SHADOWPLAY, HAS AMD

DOESN'T WANT A WATERMARK

WANTS DECENT QUALITY
05/28/2015 3:54 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1665509
[deleted]
05/28/2015 3:30 pm
Level 20 : Expert Button Pusher
bosef
i have mac so i got free 1080p recorder lololololololololololol
05/28/2015 3:33 pm
Lex The Gallade
Not only is this not helpful, it's rather childish and can easily be considered spam. Why? Why would you post this? Everytime a post like this is made you make a Gallade cry...
05/28/2015 3:31 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
Want to play a game, oh wait.
05/28/2015 3:24 pm
RoboShadow
serdarminecraft
I know its a dual graphics problem, and compatibility mode doesnt work on windows 8. (You might google this problem)

Wait... I have raptr installed. Does it have a built in recorder!??!

I also want it to record my desktop. Not only games.[/quote]
Why do you want to record your desktop exactly?
05/28/2015 3:03 pm
serdarminecraft
serdarminecraft
RoboShadowAMD has something that can record.
http://www.amd.com/en-us/markets/game/downloads/raptr
Also, the OBS bug has nothing to do with AMD, it's a dual graphics problem.
You can try the solution they said
I think laptops that use Radeon adapters currently don't work properly, and I don't know why as of yet. The only workaround for capturing your game is to use window capture with "compatibility mode" checked in it, running your game in borderless/windowed.

I know its a dual graphics problem, and compatibility mode doesnt work on windows 8. (You might google this problem)

I also want it to record my desktop. Not only games.
05/28/2015 2:59 pm
serdarminecraft
oliversmith7
serdarminecraft
ShadowShadeIt can record up to 480 on the free version, and frames you can lock anywhere you're comfortable. If you're looking for a free HD (720 is HD) then you will have a problem because thats hard to come by, especially one thats reliable

Well, it gave me this error at startup: you have setup the xsplit broadcaster to high performance to amd endura technology switchable graphics. Due to driver limitations, this mode is unsupported. It is recommended to use power saving mode instead. Well, My integrated gpu is really bad so cant use it in power saving. So no.

closer75 JRHEOBS should work fine on AMD GPUs, reinstall it and try setting it up correctly.

Dude i tryed everything to make it work before, CAN EVERYONE PLEASE STOP SAYING OBS? Dont misunderstand but this post is to find a screen recorder that isnt obs. NOT TO FIX OBS BUG. i allready tryed fixing that bug. Alot of amd users have this problem. Please stop saying.

Whats the bug? I have a channel with over 400 subs and I use OBS. It's great quality, what's wrong with it?

Its not a bug! Its just an issue with dual gpu laptops. Not only obs, On some recorders this happen. Please stop saying obs!!!
05/28/2015 2:58 pm
serdarminecraft
RoboShadowAMD has something that can record.
I think laptops that use Radeon adapters currently don't work properly, and I don't know why as of yet. The only workaround for capturing your game is to use window capture with "compatibility mode" checked in it, running your game in borderless/windowed.

05/28/2015 2:54 pm
RoboShadow
AMD has something that can record.
05/28/2015 2:52 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Batman
Tabbin
serdarminecraft
ShadowShadeIt can record up to 480 on the free version, and frames you can lock anywhere you're comfortable. If you're looking for a free HD (720 is HD) then you will have a problem because thats hard to come by, especially one thats reliable

Well, it gave me this error at startup: you have setup the xsplit broadcaster to high performance to amd endura technology switchable graphics. Due to driver limitations, this mode is unsupported. It is recommended to use power saving mode instead. Well, My integrated gpu is really bad so cant use it in power saving. So no.

closer75 JRHEOBS should work fine on AMD GPUs, reinstall it and try setting it up correctly.

Dude i tryed everything to make it work before, CAN EVERYONE PLEASE STOP SAYING OBS? Dont misunderstand but this post is to find a screen recorder that isnt obs. NOT TO FIX OBS BUG. i allready tryed fixing that bug. Alot of amd users have this problem. Please stop saying.

Whats the bug? I have a channel with over 400 subs and I use OBS. It's great quality, what's wrong with it?
05/28/2015 2:36 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1072506
[deleted]
05/28/2015 2:25 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Narwhal
ShadowShade
It can record up to 480 on the free version, and frames you can lock anywhere you're comfortable. If you're looking for a free HD (720 is HD) then you will have a problem because thats hard to come by, especially one thats reliable
05/29/2015 12:28 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Hunter
Neptune_Sage
Bandicam. Simple as that.
05/28/2015 2:47 pm
serdarminecraft

05/28/2015 2:29 pm
serdarminecraft
Well, i might try it with no other options.
05/28/2015 2:23 pm
serdarminecraft
ShadowShadeXplit broadcaster, it has a free version and its just fine, the only thing that you might really want that is on paid is the HD recording, it works for recording and streaming

I dont want it to record full hd. Can it record at 720p with 30fps?
05/28/2015 2:20 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Narwhal
ShadowShade
Xplit broadcaster, it has a free version and its just fine, the only thing that you might really want that is on paid is the HD recording, it works for recording and streaming

no watermark, easy to use, and you can add several inputs to video (meaning adding custom designs to your videos) you may still need an editing software if you want to go rather advanced though. And if you find any bugs, the Xplit team is very good and if you message them on twitter they will take note
05/28/2015 1:27 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Dragon
EnderCat17
how about ezvid?
05/28/2015 1:31 pm
serdarminecraft
i heard peapole have problems using it. Also i think that one has a watermark.
05/28/2015 1:21 pm
Lex The Gallade
If you had used NVIDIA instead of AMD you'd of gotten a free built in one.
05/28/2015 1:24 pm
serdarminecraft
Dont get me wrong but im an amd fan.
05/28/2015 1:27 pm
RoboShadow
Don't be a fan of one team, pick the one best for you.

Also, what problem with AMD integrated graphics? Do you mean bad performance because you have a bad laptop?
05/29/2015 2:33 pm
Level 22 : Expert Dragonborn
badboy3246
Nooo, he's saying he's an AMD Fan, not a fan of AMD :)
05/28/2015 1:30 pm
serdarminecraft
I mean i have an amd radeon 7670m with intel hd graps 4000. Laptops with integrated graphics + and amd radeon card has problems using OBS. and my performance is fine.
05/28/2015 1:31 pm
RoboShadow
No they don't. My laptop has an HD 4400 and an HD 8730m and it records fine. You probably set up OBS wrong.
And again, what bug? What is the problem?
05/28/2015 1:55 pm
serdarminecraft
A thread made by somebody else having the same problem:
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/ob ... -gpu.4396/
And another bug report which a developer replys that it doesnt work correct
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/bl ... -gpu.8531/
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome