I need some help here, please.

Oimfiel's Avatar Oimfiel8/21/14 7:22 am
1 emeralds 495 6
8/22/2014 12:46 pm
Maveriknight's Avatar Maveriknight
Hi, everyone.
I need some help improving my automatic furnace. I used a very simple design for it with three chests, a furnace and a few hoppers. The annoying thing about it is, that I always have to go to a lower level of the building to pick up my smelted/cooked goods. I tried to improve it by using sticky pistons, which would push up the chest, that holds the ingots etc., but unfortunately I'm terrible when it comes to constructing redstone mechanisms. Could anyone please help me, preferrably by showing me how to do it with screenshots?

Here's the picture of my old automatic furnace (With sticky pistons already added in.) http://i.imgur.com/X4Sutmc.png?1?4525

P.S.: If you know a way to improve the design, please let me know, too Oh and sorry for stealing your time

Edit: I should probably mention, what I actually need, right? I need someone with helping me by telling me, how I have to place the redstone-stuff to make all three pistons go up, when I pull a lever, that is preferrably near the two chests at the top.
Oimfiel
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/22/2014 12:46 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer
Maveriknight
for the record, there's a more compact, if slightly slower version of item elevator you can make far cheaper by just running some vertical wiring straight up against the dropper stack. just a matter of alternately stacking torches and blocks if you're not familiar with the method.
08/22/2014 4:55 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Oimfiel
Thanks for all the answers, guys. I was not aware, that chests couldn't be moved by psitons, but the Itom elevator works pretty good, so thank you all for helping me out :3
08/21/2014 3:51 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
Imadbush
You can not move tile entities (any block that stores data) with pistons,

What you can do is an Item elevator,
[yt]kIQKlw3-f_Q[/yt]
08/21/2014 10:13 am
Level 21 : Expert Pony
RageLokiCat
That design will NEVER work because pistons can't move chests or any containers in vanilla.
08/21/2014 10:13 am
Level 45 : Master Robot
robot_26
I remember I made an automatic furnace some time ago when the hopper came out. Basically for mass production I hooked the system with a mine cart system that runs on an enclosed track
08/21/2014 10:10 am
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
Haydenjames
I recommend looking up a guide for a automatic furnace. I've never seen that kind of automatic furnace...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome