Need space to clean

starrynight's Avatar starrynight12/22/14 1:21 am
1 emeralds 235 3
12/22/2014 3:31 am
elfin8er's Avatar elfin8er
I've had this issue today when I got just 4kB left on my hard drive. I deleted a TON of stuff (pictures, installers, ZIP files (backed them all up on the other drive but not with the OS)) which gave me around 175MB left and downloaded CCleaner Free which gave me 185MB more free space. Anything else I have to do? I also have to restrict myself from touching my dad's stuff; he also has duplicates but I'll let him do that.
starrynight
Level 34 : Artisan Steve

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/22/2014 3:31 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter
elfin8er
Check your downloads folder. I currently have 50 GB of data in my downloads folder. Also remember that games take up quite a bit of space. Some games can take 10, 20, or even 40 GB of space. If you do YouTube videos, I'd check to see if you have any clips that you don't need anymore. You may no longer need raw footage for an example. Videos can take up quite a bit of space. I'd also go into add/remove programs, and remove any software you no longer need. If you're not sure what some software is on your computer, then go to http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/ and search for the program. It'll tell you the chances that it's "crapware", and from there you can also see what the program does.

Lastly, I'd talk to your dad about his stuff. It's worth a shot if he has a ton of clutter.
12/22/2014 3:12 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
OhItsNic
Go to %temp% on your computer, and delete all.. It's safe don't worry, If it comes up with a box saying that the process is running just skip it.

Edit: Mine just gave me 1.26 GB/GiB (not sure) extra.
12/22/2014 1:26 am
Level 26 : Expert Dragon
_ENDER_DRAGON_
Disk cleaner. More then likely there's alot of stuff you can still delete. For example in just Minecraft alone: Any worlds you don't play on anymore? Any texturepacks you don't need anymore?

Sometimes when I want to save space and I don't use a large folder often I just zip it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome