I need your help Exporting my mod to minecraft

RuthlesEntertainment's Avatar RuthlesEntertainment8/20/14 9:52 pm
10/23/2014 1:26 pm
RuthlesEntertainment's Avatar RuthlesEntertainment
heres what i need:

i need to be able to sucessflly import the src that my modder gave me, into eclipse, edit what i need, and then export it to minecraft

i am hitting a snag,

please excuse the bad grammer, im am a little flustered and just want to see my mod work
RuthlesEntertainment
Level 39 : Artisan Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/23/2014 1:26 pm
RuthlesEntertainment
verryy
its actually happened twice to me, its because i run alot of java based apps at onces streched across 5 screens
so its a little shaky
a laptop can only handle sooo much[/quote]

how did you get 5 desktops on a laptop. I've seen vga and hdmi out and with its own screen thats 3. The fact that most laptops use shared memory for the video it works barely. So how are you getting 5?

i have 2 usb screens
08/21/2014 7:44 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
steewped
RuthlesEntertainment
mcrocks999
RuthlesEntertainmentturns out my java was corrupted

Is that even possible?

verryy
its actually happened twice to me, its because i run alot of java based apps at onces streched across 5 screens
so its a little shaky
a laptop can only handle sooo much

how did you get 5 desktops on a laptop. I've seen vga and hdmi out and with its own screen thats 3. The fact that most laptops use shared memory for the video it works barely. So how are you getting 5?
08/21/2014 4:32 pm
RuthlesEntertainment
mcrocks999

Is that even possible?

verryy
so its a little shaky
a laptop can only handle sooo much
08/21/2014 1:23 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cake
mcrocks999

Is that even possible?
08/21/2014 12:57 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Jas
Without seeing any code it's difficult to determine, however ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExceptions generally occur when you try to access an array element that is outside of the array limits.

- Slendy
08/21/2014 11:56 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
JakeMinecraft6
hmmmmmmmm................ try magic luncher
if that not work try 1.7.10 its alot easyer! to get mods
08/21/2014 12:47 pm
RuthlesEntertainment
its not the launching,l its the building
08/21/2014 11:45 am
RuthlesEntertainment
anyone?
08/21/2014 9:07 am
RuthlesEntertainment
hey guys, im gettting this weird error
can some tell me exactly
what is wrong( if possible
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:59)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Using incremental CMS is deprecated and will likely be removed in a future release
08/21/2014 2:51 am
RuthlesEntertainment
Searchndstroy
RuthlesEntertainment
Eria8www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,14048.0.html
This tells you how to export and import things.

ty , i found out HOW to export and import by trial and error allong with videos

i have a seperate question
I have edited my mod.
but i am getting this area upon attempting to compile
Click to reveal
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\jacobd\.gradle\caches\minecraft\assets\indexes\{ASSET_INDEX}.json (The system cannot find the file specified)
at com.google.common.base.Throwables.propagate(Throwables.java:160)
at GradleStart.setupAssets(GradleStart.java:273)
at GradleStart.startClient(GradleStart.java:81)
at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:55)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\jacobd\.gradle\caches\minecraft\assets\indexes\{ASSET_INDEX}.json (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
at GradleStart.loadAssetsIndex(GradleStart.java:279)
at GradleStart.setupAssets(GradleStart.java:217)
... 2 more
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Using incremental CMS is deprecated and will likely be removed in a future release

You didn't set it up correctly.

ive looked online, i cannot seem to get it to wokr, can i get ur help?
08/21/2014 1:38 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
RuthlesEntertainment

I have edited my mod.
Click to reveal
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\jacobd\.gradle\caches\minecraft\assets\indexes\{ASSET_INDEX}.json (The system cannot find the file specified)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\jacobd\.gradle\caches\minecraft\assets\indexes\{ASSET_INDEX}.json (The system cannot find the file specified)
... 2 more

You didn't set it up correctly.
08/21/2014 1:11 am
RuthlesEntertainment

I have edited my mod.
Click to reveal
... 2 more
08/21/2014 1:08 am
RuthlesEntertainment
Searchndstroy
steewpedagain see above in if these other 2 are so call coders why have you not given the source to them? This smell more and more like bullshit. If you used a lame decompiler and are trying to redo someone elses work you need to start at ground zero and learn. If you downloaded someone elses source and want to change it again. start learning or give it to one of your other two invisible coders. If you have two other coders like you say umm duh why are you asking here. Bad liar very bad liar. Really its not hard to do what you ask but you are going to be clueless to the doing the code modifications. Go learn there is not a 3 line answer for you. So no its obvious you don't have 3 coders and you are trying to steal or modify someone else work. Good luck. Start by learning and reading. There are even some good youtube tut's. Don't expect to do this overnight.

Whoa. Being a little mean there.

RuthlesEntertainmentheres what i need:

i need to be able to sucessflly import the src that my modder gave me, into eclipse, edit what i need, and then export it to minecraft

i am hitting a snag,

please excuse the bad grammer, im am a little flustered and just want to see my mod work

I am assuming you know how to use Java and why exporting your mod isn't working.
MCP decompiled and deobfuscates Minecraft, as you should know. Once you compile your code, it references all the de-obfuscated code. But, when ran in an environment where the code is obfuscated, it doesn't reference the proper fields/classes/methods. If you are already not using forge, use it. I never figured out how to make mods with MCP, and besides, forge has a much better API. (Events for example, those things are really useful.) So, once you are using forge, look at this video to see how you compile your mod. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VEdtQLuLO0
Again, I expect you to know more than the basics of Java, because why make a mod if you don't understand the language it is written in?

yep i got it to work, i had a wird error, turns out my java was corrupted, thats why i asked for help, i thought i was doing something wrong

to what he said:
i am not stealing, i am commissioning a modder who is on vacayation to make a mod for an upcomming convention, the 2 other coders, are apart of the company i work for, BUT they have other projects so they dont have time to have to edit everything and export it, so they left the recompileing to me

hes probably having a bad day and is invention reasons as to "how i am this" or "how im that"
08/21/2014 1:02 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Modder
Eria8
http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/ind ... 048.0.html
08/21/2014 12:41 am
steewped
again see above in if these other 2 are so call coders why have you not given the source to them? This smell more and more like bullshit. If you used a lame decompiler and are trying to redo someone elses work you need to start at ground zero and learn. If you downloaded someone elses source and want to change it again. start learning or give it to one of your other two invisible coders. If you have two other coders like you say umm duh why are you asking here. Bad liar very bad liar. Really its not hard to do what you ask but you are going to be clueless to the doing the code modifications. Go learn there is not a 3 line answer for you. So no its obvious you don't have 3 coders and you are trying to steal or modify someone else work. Good luck. Start by learning and reading. There are even some good youtube tut's. Don't expect to do this overnight.
08/21/2014 12:58 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
Whoa. Being a little mean there.

RuthlesEntertainmentheres what i need:

i am hitting a snag,

I am assuming you know how to use Java and why exporting your mod isn't working.
MCP decompiled and deobfuscates Minecraft, as you should know. Once you compile your code, it references all the de-obfuscated code. But, when ran in an environment where the code is obfuscated, it doesn't reference the proper fields/classes/methods. If you are already not using forge, use it. I never figured out how to make mods with MCP, and besides, forge has a much better API. (Events for example, those things are really useful.) So, once you are using forge, look at this video to see how you compile your mod. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VEdtQLuLO0
Again, I expect you to know more than the basics of Java, because why make a mod if you don't understand the language it is written in?
08/20/2014 9:58 pm
steewped
Why don't you ask the person that made it? Sounds like you don't have a clue and have done zero research. There are plenty of tutorials out there on making mods and plenty of how to do what you want you need to read them both. Expecting someone to write you one or do all your homework here is asinine.
08/20/2014 10:57 pm
RuthlesEntertainment
hes away on vacay, and i have 2 other coderrs waiting for a working version to make the hooking
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome