Netherrack "Star" - What does it mean?

Craftsper's Avatar Craftsper2/7/16 11:57 am
2/8/2016 10:14 am
DrECH0's Avatar DrECH0
Google couldn't help me out but maybe you can, what does this pattern mean?

Craftsper
Level 26 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/08/2016 10:14 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
DrECH0
All textures do that.
02/08/2016 9:34 am
Craftsper
Okay so I went into photoshop just to do a test; I aligned four netherrack textures in the natural tileable array, then I rotated each texture block almost 360• degrees and it created a star as shown bellow,

For a game based off tileable textures this is very unordinary.
02/08/2016 9:27 am
Craftsper
I sometimes mod textures in minecraft and I don't recall seeing this unique pattern in the resources of the application, I am aware that minecraft's textures include particle systems and user-activated animations - but this nether "star" is just weird and uncorrelated.
02/07/2016 1:35 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
candleveraThings weren't always like they are, there.

For a time, they were like us. Life was everywhere. It was somewhat alien, but it was there in plenty.

[...]

The forums really need a way to upvote posts. (Is that gonna be a feature in the new forum system? I feel like I've seen it mentioned.)
02/07/2016 1:15 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
Things weren't always like they are, there.

For a time, they were like us. Life was everywhere. It was somewhat alien, but it was there in plenty.

It was a massive cave system. Bioluminescent wonders lit the cold, damp walls. Massive chasms dotted the landscape. Megafauna the likes of which our world has never seen. Things so incredible we cannot even define what they are, or if they're even alive.

It was a place of wonder and beauty. And safety. There were even sapient tribes. They're still there, you know? Deformed, but alive. Thankfully they no longer feel pain. They still have the physical responses to it, however, sad as it may be. These beings were among the most kind-hearted I had ever encountered. They were wonderful. They still are, though they have grown to mistrust our kind, and for good reason. Long ago, they would mark the cave walls for us. They understood how to navigate the caves. We generally did not. Stars, like the one you have pictured here, were used to mark a nearby group of plants growing edible fruits.

They couldn't even eat most of these, and yet they propagated them throughout the caves just to help us. They gained no benefit from this.

And we... Well, not all of us.... Just most of your ancestors. I was alive back then. I have done indescribable things to stay alive this long. As such, I feel it is my duty to relay you this information. The truth.

I did try to stop them. There were others, too. I was the only one who made it, I think.

When they had activated The Gateway, and thus, set into motion the Eleventh Event, there wasn't much anyone could do but try to survive.

That's not what's important, though.

Activating the gateway had a severe cost on that world.

It flooded it with heat. The very stone making up the caves grew weak. Much of it shattered, and magma was released into it from all over. Long pent-up deposits of it left undisturbed for millennia were all opened simultaneously. Internal temperatures rose greatly.

Most of the life there just died. The beautiful plants died out. The humans there, in their grand fortresses, had been charred to a crisp. And yet, some force beyond my understanding brought them back. In a terrible, terrible rage against what once was their kind. Many posses the ability to literally wither away out bodies upon contact,

The others... The Voluntas. Pigmen, as many call them. They survived, somehow. They have long since grown immune to the horrible heat of that place. They cannot even feel it.

And still, they exist. Against all odds.

They still have the compassion to allow us to live, so long as we do not show aggression. Our kind destroyed their entire plane of existence, and they still have mercy, for they understand it was not all of us who brought about those events.

And yet, they still make those carvings. Not as the signs they once were, but as a reminder, to those few of us who know the truth.

We must never allow our kind to commit such atrocities again.
02/07/2016 1:21 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Xellie Two
Or, you know, it's a rotation phenomena.
02/07/2016 12:16 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
This must mean that Notch is the leader of the Illuminati! :OOO
02/07/2016 12:17 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
^ this
02/07/2016 12:12 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
It's just a random thing that can appear with the netherrack texture. Doesn't do anything but look cool
02/07/2016 12:04 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Explorer
TastyYoghurt
It means that the game randomly rotates the textures and sometimes they align in a symmetrical looking way.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome