Hi, I'm new! And pixelart is my thing!

Thorlar's Avatar Thorlar11/24/14 12:37 pm
11/25/2014 3:35 am
Thorlar's Avatar Thorlar
Hi guys!

So, this person came by my stream on Twitch today and figured I should share my pixelart with you guys, since he thought you would appreciate the work I put into my arts. And I figured that it wouldn't harm doing so, since it's always nice to meet new people and to share the passion we all share for Minecraft!

So I'm Thorlar, 29 years old from Sweden and I stream fulltime on Twitch every mon-fri if you ever want to drop by and say hello. And I'm going to try and become active in these forums too, in case I start making friends here too! <3

So, to the pixelarts. Here's a few examples, in case you'd like to see some (the rest can be found on my twitter)

My latest one:

Beebop & Rocksteady from TMNT!

My biggest one (so far):

Hail to the king, baby!

And I do stream these all the time on Twitch if you ever want to see them in progress. If there's an interest here, I will of course post more. Looking forward to becoming friends with you guys here at Planet Minecraft! <3

//Thorlar
Thorlar
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/25/2014 3:35 am
Thorlar
Alright, good to know! I respect that.
11/25/2014 3:31 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
ThorlarI was more thinking of those cool things that show up when I click other peoples accounts and see their "projects" thing, figured that might be something I'm supposed to do too, and how to do that. Or maybe my pixel art builds are not really considered "projects" in that term? (which I'd totally understand and respect)

If you're referring to the individual posts on others' profiles that all have thumbnails, those are submissions. As the rule states, pixel art isn't allowed to be posted as a Project (submission). It must be shared via a thread in the forum.
11/25/2014 3:27 am
Thorlar
AzieJust make sure to visit your account page and change your date format via your user control panel (located in the bottom left of the account page) so you can see the full date and time stamp for when a reply was posted so you don't accidentally bump too soon.

I was more thinking of those cool things that show up when I click other peoples accounts and see their "projects" thing, figured that might be something I'm supposed to do too, and how to do that. Or maybe my pixel art builds are not really considered "projects" in that term? (which I'd totally understand and respect)
11/25/2014 3:24 am
Azie
ThorlarHowever, I posted thread in the "Buildings" section, is that the correct place for it, so I'm not posting it wrongly? And is there any particular way I can make it easier for people to access the projects, to make it easier for you guys to find when I update my library?

Sorry if I'm just being bad at seeing things, I'm in the middle of a 168h charity marathon so my focus has been quite bad the past few days. xD

These are builds, so Building is a perfectly acceptable section.

A thread is bumped to the top of its section and the latest 20 posts whenever someone posts a new reply. You can bump your thread, usually done by posting "bump", once the last post on the thread is at least 24 hours old. Our General Forum Rules section of our rules has an extended explaination of our forum bump rule. Bumping your thread is a good way to get it seen when you've added new content to a post.

Just make sure to visit your account page and change your date format via your user control panel (located in the bottom left of the account page) so you can see the full date and time stamp for when a reply was posted so you don't accidentally bump too soon.
11/25/2014 3:15 am
Thorlar
Azie
ThorlarThanks for telling me about this rule though, always unfortunate when a select few do something wrong that creates a rule that punish the legit masses.

Take care everyone! <3

You're welcome to keep posting pixel art in the forum. I'm not sure why Drazieth felt the need to minimod and tell you not to post them as a submission when you haven't done so to begin with.

For our full rule regarding pixel art, please click the following link:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/rules/#u ... e_projects

Hi and thank you Azie! I actually went around the forums and did read the rules, so the rule you're talking about I believe is:

Pixel Art: While it is possible to create original pixel art, almost all pixel art is created through software programs like Spritecraft or simply copied from an image by hand. This is against the Program-Generated content and Tracing guidelines. If you have original pixel art that you would like to post, please do so on the forums.

So I will continue to post my pixel arts then. However, I posted thread in the "Buildings" section, is that the correct place for it, so I'm not posting it wrongly? And is there any particular way I can make it easier for people to access the projects, to make it easier for you guys to find when I update my library?

Sorry if I'm just being bad at seeing things, I'm in the middle of a 168h charity marathon so my focus has been quite bad the past few days. xD
11/25/2014 3:08 am
Azie
ThorlarThanks for telling me about this rule though, always unfortunate when a select few do something wrong that creates a rule that punish the legit masses.

Take care everyone! <3

You're welcome to keep posting pixel art in the forum. I'm not sure why Drazieth felt the need to minimod and tell you not to post them as a submission when you haven't done so to begin with.

For our full rule regarding pixel art, please click the following link:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/rules/#u ... e_projects
11/25/2014 3:03 am
Thorlar
I'm sorry to hear so Drazieth. I'll just have to stop posting here then, it was a short but nice stop to your forums in that case. You all seem like nice people, but if my legit work is forbidden then I'll just respect that.

I am sorry to hear that there's no exclusions if easy proof can be provided that it IS legit, considering I know many people who do build legit (livestreaming it, such as I do), and it just takes the forum owners 10 seconds to check the proof.

Thanks for telling me about this rule though, always unfortunate when a select few do something wrong that creates a rule that punish the legit masses.

Take care everyone! <3
11/25/2014 2:48 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
Drazieth
Dont post pixel art in the Projects section.. Its a violation. While you may have made them yourself there are too many people using a program to generate pixel art and it has now been banned from the projects section.
11/25/2014 2:40 am
Thorlar
Thanks for your kind words, guys.

hospitaljunk13, while I do not really build for servers at the moment, as I believe anyone can really build a pixelart (And if you want to be lazy, you can get software to generate pixelart such as these automatically if you so desire, I just build by hand because I like the challenge) I do not build pixel art for other servers than my own at the time being.

And as I have my own server, my own community and regular charities I try to involve myself in, finding the time to focus on the server of someone else would take me some time I currently have little of. However, if the interest is big enough, I could look into asking my friend (the main owner of my server) if it's possible to use some tool to copy my finished creations and get them downloadable to put on other servers too.
11/24/2014 10:16 pm
Level 29 : Expert Modder
ArcaneGamer-
Do you do pixel art for servers?
11/24/2014 9:57 pm
FlyingTurtle2013
You, my friend, are talented
11/24/2014 12:47 pm
Thorlar
Thanks for the tip UnderscoreZeroLP, I'm on it! <3
11/24/2014 12:41 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
UnderscoreZeroLP
Very nice work! You should post it in the 'Projects' section of the website so you can get recognized more.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome