New hack detection

Heklo's Avatar Heklo5/22/16 6:31 pm
1 emeralds 647 9
5/31/2016 5:17 pm
Heklo's Avatar Heklo
Hi, I've created a new way of hack detection. It only works on clients with chat commands, such as Wolfram, Wurst, and other minor ones (I can only think of those because they are major and have been tested before).

You just copy the command below into a command block and press it and wait.

tellraw @a [{"text":"Click","clickEvent":{"action":"run_command","value":".say test"}}]

What it does is tells all players a message, and if they click the message, they will run the client-side command ".say test" and if the player is using a client, they will just appear to say "test". This can be used in multiple ways, you could just blatantly tell the player they are receiving a hack detection and force them to click it, or trick them into clicking it. Here is one way I commonly use to get players to click the text:

tellraw @a [{"text":"[Reaction] ","color":"dark_aqua"},{"text":"First person to click here will receive a prize!","color":"aqua","clickEvent":{"action":"run_command","value":".say test"}}]

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions on it, hope it is useful.
Remember this will only work on clients with chat commands, not all clients have chat commands.
Heklo
Level 23 : Expert Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/31/2016 5:03 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Ahop
Sadly to say, I don't think this is an efficient way. It doesn't really stop what the client's purpose is and is not a system which works alongside the server, and is really a by-hand method. What would stop clients from changing the default and majorly used prefix of a period?

I still personally believe that using an actual anticheat would be best. However, this method could be used to a lower extent of preventing cheating.
05/31/2016 5:17 pm
Heklo
This is true, a form of anticheat is more efficient than the command I introduced, it was mainly meant to be a side thing in case someone is using bypass hacks or if you aren't entirely sure if they're hacking. The clients can change their prefix, but you can easily find out major ones. I personally change it to things like - * # . and these can be edited as well in the command. The main thing about this command is that if someone does fail the test, it is with 100% certainty that they have a client.
05/26/2016 4:28 am
Level 29 : Expert Explorer
prototype464
You are a genius my good friend. I'm admin on a server that can't use nocheat because it glitches the players out, so this is more useful than anything I've seen before. Now we can catch hackers red-handed! Thank you so much.
05/31/2016 4:48 pm
Heklo
Thanks, good to know people are getting something positive out of it.
05/22/2016 9:01 pm
Level 23 : Expert Modder
SirBlobman
Some hacked clients use other symbols instead of a .

For example, Flare used a - and was very hard to catch.
05/23/2016 4:44 pm
Heklo
The value of the clickEvent can be changed to whatever you want, for example -say, or whatever the commands of the specified client.
05/22/2016 7:51 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Untiefant
Hi, TedK.. I think this seems great, However
There are clients like Metros (I think that's the name?) Which does not use commands, if you could find a way to test that, that would be amazing!
05/22/2016 7:45 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Untiefant
Hi, TedK.. I think this seems great, However
There are clients like Metros (I think that's the name?) Which does not use commands, if you could find a way to test that, that would be amazing!
05/22/2016 7:40 pm
Heklo
Please give feedback on what you think of it or how it could be improved.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome