New Medieval Server! the unique concept of The Lords' Realm!

Leofwine's Avatar Leofwine8/29/16 1:25 pm
1 emeralds 80
Welcome Thee, my gentle friends, to consult with me about my realm?

My realm is prettied with all the wheat ripe for the scythe and ores with veins swollen in all their generous glory, yet empty as the garden after the forbidden fruit was plucked from the heavens.

The realm ripe for the taking, but who is bold enough to put their foot 'wards the shimmering light of their heaven?:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE HIERARCHY OF THE LORDS' KINGDOM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE KING & THE QUEEN
|
THE ARCHBISHOP
|
THE LORDS & THE LADIES / THE DUKES AND THE DUCHESSES
|
THE KNIGHTS
|
THE SQUIRES
|
THE FARMERS / LUMBERJACKS /CRAFTSMEN

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOW DO I EARN SUCH HONORS?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honour is earn'd through Honour!

If thou wishes to be a squire, thou much be called on by one of thou Lord's Knights to squire him in battle. Thou must be loyal, high-willed, and dedicated in the many forms of arms and armour.

If thou wishes to be a Knight, thou must fight for thy Lord , and - if needith be - die for thou Lord. Thou must never question him. Thou must be a good squire, and have served under your Knight and earn'd valour - for if thee do that, thy Lord will Knight Thee.

If thou wishes to be a nobleman / woman, thou must be chosen by the Archbishop to swear vows in front of the King, the Archbishop and the Trinity of the Three Aspects of thy Gods - Jeb, Notch, and the Mirco - Soft!

WHAT 'VANTAGES DO THESE HONOURS GIVE?

SUBJECTS (CRAFTSMEN/FARMERS/&C):
- May only wear tanned hides (leather) Armour
- May join a town
- May be conscripted into thy lords army as foot soldiers in the event of war, or be made a squire by a knight in the event of valour in war

SQUIRES:
- May wear chainmail (chain) armour
- May be knighted in the event of valour in war
- May add residents to a town

KNIGHTS:
- May bear and ride a mount (horse), and equip horse armour
- May wear Iron Armour
- May take a subject on as your squire

NOBLES:
- May create a town
- May declare war on a town
- May knight squires

ARCHBISHOP:
- May make Knights Nobles

WHAT IF IT COMES TO WAR?

How to start the crimson bloodshed?
A war can be started between two towns by the nobles of the town. The nobles raise an army of their Knights and their Squires, while other subjects can be conscripted into the army in return for rewards - providing the army is victorious.

How do these quarrels become vanished?
Although skirmishes are allowed to happen, war can only start officially with a set piece battle between the armies in the open plain. This battle must be prepared in advance, with a set date agreed on by both parties. After this, skirmishes may resume. The war is only ended when one of the lords formally yields, and a written declaration is sent to either the Archbishop, or the King.

What happens in th' aftermath?
After this declaration is sent, the victor may or may not choose to request tribute from the loser. If they do not, life continues normally!

What if the victor requests Tribute?
If the Victor does request tribute, he must officially declare as such to the Archbishop / King. Once this is done, the loser is duty bound to provide tribute. If he refuses so, he is given 1 more chance to change his mind. If he does not, he is stripped of his title and ownership of his lands, and will be replaced by a man of the victors choosing[/size]

What else?

Nounce, for I thank thee, and hope that in time, you will travel to my realm, and bring about your rise.
Leofwine
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer