New menu? How do I use it? Full tutorial!

Paril's Avatar Paril11/22/14 11:47 pm history
1 emeralds 5.6k 9
12/12/2014 10:51 pm
HassanPCMR's Avatar HassanPCMR
(Tutorial made official. Originally written by Team)

(Note to guests: you will be able to persist your navbar while your session stays alive, but when your session expires your navbar will reset to default. Creating an account will keep your navbar persistent, if you wish to do so.)

Just wanted to explain to some new guests how the menu works. You probably are saying to yourself, now PMC is more complicated and looks empty. Well, that's probably because you didn't see how the navbar works. It's awesome! For this reason, we have decided to put up a tutorial for you!

Step 1:

Go to the home page.

Step 2:

Press which page is your favorite and you want to see on the menu, for this example, we will be using the Forums. So let's press the Forums under Community.

Step 3:

Hover your mouse over the Forums image.

Step 4:

Press the pin when you hover on it.

Congrats! You have now added the Forums page to your menu! Now let's say you want to remove it. It's extremely easy.

To remove

Step 1:

Hover your mouse over the Forums image.

Step 2:

Press the X symbol when you hover on it.

You can also re-order items by clicking and holding down on it and dragging it to the side. If your pin bar gets too full, they will be safely moved to an overflow dropdown on the right-hand side.

You may also unpin the navbar help link at any time. It's there for convenience sake.

Paril
Developer
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/12/2014 10:51 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pirate
HassanPCMR
Nice tutorial, the navbar wasn't that complicated tho.
12/12/2014 10:29 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Magical Girl
BIO
Oh gee a tutorial that's good
12/12/2014 10:26 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Pokemon
Technoman1130
Cool!
12/06/2014 9:43 am
Level 1 : New Network
Eathuis
Definitely one of my favourite features so far!
11/29/2014 3:20 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
Nice
11/28/2014 2:56 pm
Level 48 : Master Blockhead
Happs
Well as it has been described by the Chat announcement, this new 'navbar' is pretty darn spiffy - whatever that means.

It may also be cool to point out how the tabs can me moved by clicking and dragging, although I don't think that's essential to show, but it's a pretty cool feature that I think has a small place for the tutorial.

There have been posts on the problems with this new bar, but change is change and it hasn't been around long enough to settle with the community, I personally think this is pretty cool, although it does sort of hide the Rules tab(the Rules tab is under Community button, but you may post and always use the Browse button and never see the Rules tab ._.)

Anywho, to sum up, this is pretty darn 'spiffy'(I think it means cool, or convenient from context).
11/25/2014 4:27 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pony
StealingDaPenta
Thanks!
11/25/2014 4:26 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Fanjawi
Nice!

(omg im on the first page of this thread!!11)
11/25/2014 4:20 pm
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
xXTheArcherXx
Thanks for the tips

You should link these tutorials to your profile, Paril. More people would view them that way.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome