New Minecraft Launcher Discussion

Greystalk's Avatar Greystalk2/6/17 6:09 pm
1 emeralds 1.7k 18
2/27/2017 6:11 am
minecraftnerd220's Avatar minecraftnerd220
So when I opened Minecraft this morning, it popped up a message saying it was updating. It didn't take that long, but when it was done the new launcher came up, the one that's been in development that looks like the Minecraft website.

The launcher is version 2.0.760 which is higher than the development version the wiki says is the current version. I looked for info online but found nothing. I just want to know what's going on. Did Mojang just officially release the new launcher or what? And if that's so, why did my friend's launcher not update?
Greystalk
Level 45 : Master Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/27/2017 6:11 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Crafter
minecraftnerd220
The only thing I don't like about the new launcher it doesn't give you crash reports and I halft to go to the minecraft folder to get them
02/16/2017 5:03 pm
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
I like the new one a lot. It definitely more professional than the old one, which looked a bit too cheap for such a big game. It also makes changing skins super easy and quick.

I hate it... it takes for ever to load and dosnt ever respond... mojang has become youtube. (a company that wants to kill its self)

That's just on your end.
02/10/2017 6:09 am
Level 1 : New Miner
funky555
I hate it... it takes for ever to load and dosnt ever respond... mojang has become youtube. (a company that wants to kill its self)
02/16/2017 2:58 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Mage
XBlack_LeopardX
this is on your end because mine only takes like 2 seconds to start up
02/09/2017 12:44 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Yeah, what could go wrong with a random file you double click to run that comes from Mediafire...
02/08/2017 5:51 pm
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
29marvin07I found a backup of the old launcher
Just double click it to run (you dont need to put it in a special directory).
Have a nice day

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3898i8g5z ... uncher.jar

Totally will trust random person from internet posting random links, yeah thanks for effort but no.
02/08/2017 1:42 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter
29marvin07
I found a backup of the old launcher and I use it because I hate the new launcher.
I uploaded the .jar file on mediafire.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3898i8g5z ... uncher.jar
Version: 1.6.66
Release date: 10/24/2016
02/08/2017 1:32 pm
Level 43 : Master Engineer
jely2002
I didn't like the new launcher either.

I think I found a way to trick the minecraft launcher into thinking it has installed the newest version. All you should do is let everything install. But when it says 'unpacking launcher.jar' you have to click cancel. Now the minecraft launcher thinks you have updated it, you don't have to do this every time the launcher starts.
Using this trick you can keep the old launcher.
Before you do this. Make sure you have a back-up of your old launcher files.

If you already have the newest launcher I can't really help you sorry.. (Maybe you can find download of the old launcher somewhere?)

In my country (NL) it would auto update to the newest (and bad) launcher.

Hope I helped!
- Jely2002
02/08/2017 1:20 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
star_weaveri highly doubt *insert any company here* would release a buggy broken *insert any sort of product here* after theyve spent lots of time and money on it

change your sentence to that, also everything can be buggy and broken on release, some people have issues with it, others dont

The new launcher's been in development for much longer than just a month. They started testing it on October 25th, 2016. Clearly, it doesn't have bugs, and if it did, then they were squashed pretty close to the full release earlier this week. I've used it plenty of times now, and there's nothing even close to a bug that would make the new launcher any less usable than the old one (which, IMO, was kind of outdated).
02/07/2017 9:11 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
Prince Oceanus
real_galaxiverseIt crashes, and is unreliable

I highly doubt this, since Mojang wouldn't release a broken launcher after it's been in such heavy development.

i highly doubt *insert any company here* would release a buggy broken *insert any sort of product here* after theyve spent lots of time and money on it

change your sentence to that, also everything can be buggy and broken on release, some people have issues with it, others dont
02/07/2017 4:34 am
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
I am happy that I am in those 12% that got something first in life, even if its not that good but I had no problems with it so far. Running latest Win 10.
02/07/2017 3:27 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
real_galaxiverse
It crashes, and is unreliable
02/07/2017 9:00 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
I highly doubt this, since Mojang wouldn't release a broken launcher after it's been in such heavy development.

@OP: Yes, I heard about them releasing the new launcher the other day on r/Minecraft on Reddit, along with the return of Dinnerbone to the dev team. It's nice because you can now change your Skin in-launcher, rather than having to go to minecraft.net and use that to change your Skin.
02/07/2017 2:08 am
Level 1 : New Miner
ARCDJ
The new launcher is quite a let down. I agree with Karrthus, the new launcher is buggy and slow. Most certainly crashes for me a lot.

Is there any way to get the old launcher back?
02/07/2017 12:40 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Mage
XBlack_LeopardX
the new launcher is being slowly released to the public not to everyone at once you can see info on twitter
https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone
02/06/2017 9:11 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
The new launcher hasn't been officially released yet. I had a similar message a few days ago, and it required me to install Minecraft via the Minecraft.msi file on the website. This updated to 1.6(something).7
02/06/2017 9:06 pm
Level 45 : Master Ranger
Greystalk
Okay thanks
02/06/2017 7:27 pm
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
there is a whole new minecraft launcher (i dont like it, it ruins the console, logs and crashes), i guess you're friends will update in due time, or if they really want it if they re-install minecraft it will come as the default launcher

in the end we'll all get used to how it worked, the old one has existed for a long time
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome