New Mod: Hyper End Game - Ideas/Programming Help needed

snyperanihilatr's Avatar snyperanihilatr5/27/15 10:49 pm
1 emeralds 140
Ever gotten to extreme late game minecraft with loads of resources, loads of power, loads of automation, and you sit there wondering what else there is to do besides build stuff? Well that's what I intend for this mod to help with. I feel that alot of mods out there such as buildcraft, applied energistics, reactorcraft (the list goes on) help with a lot of the tedious things of minecraft such as mining and crafting mass amounts of items but other then to build more tech there isn't much of a point once you have achieved full automation and more renewable power than you know what to do with. So I thought why not create a mod that focuses completely on the part of the game that happens once you achieve all this.

In essence my short summary for this mod (I will give examples below) would be to include machines that require MASSIVE amounts of power, I am talking about over 1 million RF/t type power, armor and weapons that would require those machines, as well as a dimension that is of the most insane type of difficulty if entered without the armor and weapons from this mod specifically (and still extremely hard with the right equipment). The last point is to target another thing I feel is lacking in endgame modded minecraft and that is in short: a challenge. Once you get high end modded armor and weapons, plus possibly some flight, you basically become a god in survival mode (basically another form of creative). One ridiculous example from personal experience is I was able to stand in lava for 2 minutes straight before I took damage. That's broken. So I want this dimension to be riddled with very challenging enemies, bosses, and other environmental hazards that make end game minecraft more fun.

Some initial examples I thought of to kind of showcase the concepts for the mod above are as follows:
A particle accelerator to create the "God Particle", this particle could then be used to make Molecular armor and weapons that have extreme capabilities.
Matter Creator (Name needs work) this machine can create any craftable item in the game from a God Particle, however, the amount of power to create that particle is extremely high in the first place, secondly, the more items needed to craft your target item (basically all the sub recipes) increases the total power needed as well
These are just some of my initial Ideas that I thought would explain the concept and basis for this mod. I need help creating this for two reasons, one because I have never actually written a mod for minecraft, however I am a computer science engineering Senior at Texas A&M so I know how to program and I have experience in Java, and two because this is an Ambitious mod and I will need help and I want more people to help contribute their ideas. Feel free to shoot me an email at snyperanihilatr1@gmail.com or post here with your email if you want to help. Also if you have any ideas or just support the idea of this mod in general please post below!

TL;DR Hyper end game minecraft is boring, let's give it purpose, but I need help and more ideas!
snyperanihilatr
Level 1 : New Miner