New Modpack Ideas

EnderPixel's Avatar EnderPixel7/23/14 8:52 am
7/24/2014 6:34 am
EnderPixel's Avatar EnderPixel
Ok, so i just recently figured out how to make modpacks, and realized that it isn't too hard. And i've made three already for the Technic launcher within the past few days. But i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what kind of pack i should make next. Feel free to request or suggest any mods or i might evan make a custom Technic modpack just for yo and whoever else wants it.
EnderPixel
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/24/2014 6:34 am
EnderPixel
Was everyone able to get the pack working?
07/23/2014 7:27 pm
EnderPixel
Hey blaze what is the mod that you speak of?
07/23/2014 7:29 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
Reinforced Mod
Or the new mod coming out?
07/23/2014 7:06 pm
ZachDevv
Hey Enderpixel, not to advertise or anything, but in your redstone pack on technic I think my mod would go great in it Especially the new update coming out soon. Also I'm having another mod come out that might fit your farming theme.
07/23/2014 6:56 pm
EnderPixel
Ok so i put together the modpack and here is the link to it: http://www.technicpack.net/user/view/1283411
07/23/2014 6:35 pm
EnderPixel
What is it about, and i have some other modpacks that it might fit in.
07/23/2014 7:10 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Toast
sigurd4
its based on the bioshock game franchise. it adds lots of weapons and plasmids and other stuff from the games.
07/23/2014 5:55 pm
sigurd4
not sure if it would fit that well. its totally not related to farming at all.
07/23/2014 5:21 pm
EnderPixel
I can probably later some time add your mod to a pack if you can pm me when you finish it!
07/23/2014 5:08 pm
sigurd4
thank you! its going very well so far, even though it is my first mod and im kind of a noob at mod making. good luck with your modpack!
07/23/2014 5:03 pm
EnderPixel
I would just like to thank everyone for their help with this modpack and i will have the link to the pack on technic by the end of the night. And if anyone wants to make a background photo for me to use with the pack i would gladly accept it. And sigurd4 i see that you are making a mod and i hope that goes extremely well!
07/23/2014 5:00 pm
sigurd4
sure. considering your name has pixel in it and that the theme is farming that is a very relevant name.
07/23/2014 4:58 pm
EnderPixel
Now we need a name for the mod, i considered earlier using the name PixeledFarms because i use Pixel in all of the names i come up with.
07/23/2014 4:56 pm
EnderPixel
Ok so i have looked at most if not all of the mods you guys have sent me, and i have downloaded what i could for what version the pack was running on. And the final list for the pack goes as follows:
- Bibliocraft
- Buildcraft
- Craft++
- Mr Crayfish Furniture
- EnchantngPlus
- EnderIO
- ExtremeFarmimg
- Food Plus
- Get all of the Seeds
- HarvestCraft
- JABBA
- LotsofFood
- Lucky Blocks
- Natura
- Witchery
- Yet Another Food Mod
07/23/2014 4:45 pm
EnderPixel
I have come to the realization that there are so many cool mods that i could have in this pack if there was just a version for the right minecraft version.
07/23/2014 4:33 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Mikeroboblox
I have always wanted one that adds futuristic stuff like hoverboards, giant living dinosaurs to fight, and modern things like cars and tanks
07/23/2014 4:31 pm
sigurd4
EnderPixel
sigurd4i have a list of mods to use in my modpack and i just wrote down some of which i thought would fit into this modpack:
Click to reveal
jabba - for good and simple crop storage.
plugins for forestry - for extra compatability with other mods for forestry
extra bees and trees - for more bees and trees
gendustry - for maximum (maybe a little bit cheaty) ease when geneticly modifying and breeding bees.
railcraft - good for railroads for transport and such. might fit to the theme.
minefactory reloaded - lots of ways to automate farming (maybe a little grousome against the animals, but whatever) involves machines that breed, kill, move and artificially grow animals. also a whole bunch more tech stuff.
computercraft - programmable computers! perfect for automation and showing statistics and much more.
open peripheral (core & addons) - allow more cc computer interaction with inventories from vanilla minecraft and lots of mods. very useful!
open cc sensors - cc computers can detect stuff like entities, weather, and lots more.
cctransport - transport items to and from inventories with cc.
project red - redpower, basicly.
applied energistics - might be too tech like, i guess. allows really good and end-game storage as well as autocrafting, automatic movement and suppliment of items.
extracells - store liquids with ae
mariculture - lots of new fish and water biology stuff as well as lots of water technology stuff.
XACT - a good mod for automating crafting.
Remain in motion - have moving blocks. can come in good use, i suppose.
pom's get all the seeds (?) - makes the seeds from pom's harvestcraft drop from tallgrass. i like this one, but if you dont want this to happen, dont include this mod.
growthcraft - lots of farming stuff. bees, brewing of alcoholic beverages, fishing, food, and crops for materials.
natura - many new wild plants that can be good for food.
agriculture - more food.
usefulfood - one of my favorite food mods out there.
kitchen mod - lots of kitchen furniture.
biomes o plenty - just a really good world generator.
botania - more plants
wee! flowers - more flowers
wild grass - growing grass in your world!
hunger overhaul - balances out food. makes it a bit more difficult to have enough food, because staying alive would be way to easy with all this added food.
better item despawning - makes saplings plant themselves instead of despawn. good so you dont need to replant forests.
carpenter's blocks - give your building blocks any shape you want them to have!
lanterns and flashlights mod - great dynamic lightning!
backpacks - have more stuff with you!
open blocks - lots of useful stuff.
better storage - fancy chests with a lock system
bibliocraft - decorative stuff.
mr. crayfish's furniture mod - even more decorative stuff.
chisel - much more building blocks.
multi mine - much better block breaking mechanic.
inventory tweaks - sorting and stuff for your inventory and chests.
waila - a must have. the title says it all
matmos - beatuful sounds. the best thing is the crickets that you can hear in the evening. perfect for a farm
presence footsteps - just way better step sounds. probably one of my favorite mods ever, in fact!
minecraft loader - shows what is being done when the game is loading upon startup.

Holy crap how long did it take you to write this?!

i pretty much had the list ready before i wrote it. i didnt take the time, so some minutes, i guess...?
07/23/2014 4:25 pm
EnderPixel
sigurd4i have a list of mods to use in my modpack and i just wrote down some of which i thought would fit into this modpack:
Click to reveal
gendustry - for maximum (maybe a little bit cheaty) ease when geneticly modifying and breeding bees.
minefactory reloaded - lots of ways to automate farming (maybe a little grousome against the animals, but whatever) involves machines that breed, kill, move and artificially grow animals. also a whole bunch more tech stuff.
computercraft - programmable computers! perfect for automation and showing statistics and much more.
open peripheral (core & addons) - allow more cc computer interaction with inventories from vanilla minecraft and lots of mods. very useful!
open cc sensors - cc computers can detect stuff like entities, weather, and lots more.
applied energistics - might be too tech like, i guess. allows really good and end-game storage as well as autocrafting, automatic movement and suppliment of items.
mariculture - lots of new fish and water biology stuff as well as lots of water technology stuff.
pom's get all the seeds (?) - makes the seeds from pom's harvestcraft drop from tallgrass. i like this one, but if you dont want this to happen, dont include this mod.
growthcraft - lots of farming stuff. bees, brewing of alcoholic beverages, fishing, food, and crops for materials.
agriculture - more food.
botania - more plants
hunger overhaul - balances out food. makes it a bit more difficult to have enough food, because staying alive would be way to easy with all this added food.
better item despawning - makes saplings plant themselves instead of despawn. good so you dont need to replant forests.
matmos - beatuful sounds. the best thing is the crickets that you can hear in the evening. perfect for a farm
presence footsteps - just way better step sounds. probably one of my favorite mods ever, in fact!
minecraft loader - shows what is being done when the game is loading upon startup.

Holy crap how long did it take you to write this?!
07/23/2014 4:24 pm
EnderPixel
Ok i just asked DrZhark for permission to use the mod but i can't promise anything.
07/23/2014 4:21 pm
sigurd4
i have a list of mods to use in my modpack and i just wrote down some of which i thought would fit into this modpack (excluding some that i saw suggested above, though i might have forgot some of them so please forgive me if yo usee something here that is allready suggested. ):
Click to reveal
agriculture - more food.
botania - more plants
07/23/2014 4:19 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
basketballer05
Do enchanting plus, it's a really good yet simple mod.
07/23/2014 3:53 pm
EnderPixel
Yeah i had to remove the Mo' Creatures mod because of permission issues. Any other mods anyone would like to add?
07/23/2014 3:44 pm
EnderPixel
Ok a few things:
- How do i get specific permission from a mod author?
- There isn't a 1.7.2 version of Forestry.
07/23/2014 4:18 pm
basketballer05
Go to where ever the original thread to the mod is, and comment or follow the way to ask for permission.
07/23/2014 3:09 pm
ZachDevv
BiblioCraft
Forestry
Thermal Expansion
Pams Harvest Craft
Aqua Culture
07/23/2014 2:42 pm
EnderPixel
Ok below is a file that contains a screenshot of all of the mods i have in the pack so far since i don't know how to simply post a picture. But i was wondering if i should add NEI to the modack.
07/23/2014 9:40 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Narwhal
KansasCityGirl
Hmm, more food, and farming.
07/23/2014 9:38 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Cheesecake_Demon
Whatever Version you can Fit them all in is Fine, and Yes buildcraft and Stuff!
07/23/2014 9:18 am
EnderPixel
And is there a recommended version that everyone wants it for?
07/23/2014 9:18 am
EnderPixel
Ok when you say tekkit stuff, what mods do you mean, like Buildcraft or what?
07/23/2014 9:11 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Cheesecake_Demon
Seriously Dude Send me the Link when you make it!
And here are a Few suggestions:

~Witchery
~Fossils & Archaeology
~ More Food [Like everyone Else has said]
~ Mo' Creatures
~ Mr Crayfish's Furniture mod!

Those 5 items Together would make an AWESOME Modpack!!!
Maybe add the Tekkit Stuff aswell, but seriously dude those are my Fave!
07/23/2014 3:27 pm
basketballer05
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that you need explicit permission from the creator of Mo' Creatures to use it in a modpack.
07/23/2014 9:05 am
EnderPixel
And there is a mod called MagicalCrops which adds a TON of more farming seeds and crops.
07/23/2014 9:04 am
EnderPixel
Ok so i know there are a few mods like Natura and Craft++ which adds a few more food items. And there mods like Yet Another Food Mod which just adds food. Can you give me a mod list or individual mods so i know which mods you would like?
07/23/2014 8:55 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Dolphin
CJT157
I think that you could make a farming type of mod pack? Like it would have all sorts of farming and redstone mods to automate the farming.
07/23/2014 8:57 am
Level 20 : Expert Cake
Vocashiny
Yeah! You should totally combine that idea with this one- pizza mod! Pizza ovens, dough, tomatoes, cheese... HEAVEN!
07/23/2014 9:00 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Dolphin
CJT157
YES that would be perfect and even the hamburger, sandwich, farmcraftory, and lots of other mods!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome