New morph mod

McHorse's Avatar McHorse10/20/16 6:20 am
1 emeralds 908 7
10/21/2016 4:31 am
McHorse's Avatar McHorse
Hello there!

So, I was working on a new morphing mod. Its name is Metamorph. It's made for Minecraft 1.10.2 (and after release I'll provide 1.9.4 version also) and it's Forge compatible.

With Metamorph mod you can morph into different creatures (which may have special abilities). To gain a morph you should kill a mob which have morph for it. After killing it, a ghost version of this mob will appear, you can pick it up to gain this morph. When you gain a morph you can access them using "[" and "]" keys. To apply a morph onto yourself you should press "enter" key.

Here's the link to release page:
https://github.com/mchorse/metamorph/re ... ag/1.0-pre

The latest version is "metamorph-1.0-pre-5-ca477aa.jar." Instruction about how to play with it is over here.

Could you help me test it more? And by the way, what do you think about it?

P.S.: SCtester helped me a lot to come up with basic features and testing
McHorse
Level 71 : Legendary Unicorn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/21/2016 4:31 am
McHorse
I finally finished with all morphs and features I want to be in first release

Here's the direct download link for testing:
https://github.com/mchorse/metamorph/re ... aaa0-6.jar

Here's the full change log (or feature list) for the first release:
https://github.com/mchorse/metamorph/issues/1

Thank you for attention!

Edit: I found more bugs, so for less bug-free version, download this one:
https://github.com/mchorse/metamorph/re ... -pre-8.jar
10/20/2016 6:24 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
resqus
I'd be glad to help test it, If you'd like
10/20/2016 5:57 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
That sounds exactly the same as iChuns Morph mod (the good one)
10/21/2016 3:01 am
McHorse
Yes, it sounds exactly like iChun's Morph, but it's more like Shape Shifter Z, technologically. Right now, my mod can only allow morphing into the creatures that I specified health, model, abilities, actions, etc. Basically hardcoded morphs.

This mod has a simple API, in case somebody would like to their own custom morphs (I was thinking making Chuck Norris morph ), but I think I'll need some work on it.

The problem with making morphing into any entity is the drastic change in the API of Minecraft since 1.8. That's why, probably, iChun doesn't port his Morph to 1.10.2 or 1.9.X, because it is too hard with the API changes happened over these updates. However, I'll try my best at allowing custom morphs, but it'll be hard, IMO.

I'd be glad to help test it, If you'd like

I will be really grateful if you'd test it

I honor him for trying to make sure that the modded community doesn't die with the older and bigger mods not going to advance past 1.8.X or 1.7.X, he is only trying to make the mods available for the newer versions of MC. And this is just showing that he liked the morph mod so much that he went and used his time to make it. He doesn't deserve to be degraded for his efforts.

Thanks for the words, it really means a lot for me

but isn't Morph still under development?

Depends on what do you mean under development. Well, it looks like it's now under development for 1.10.2, however I don't really sure that it happened just like that. Yesterday, I tweeted to iChun if he could share a link to my mod when I'll finish. Today, he posted this blog post. I've got a feeling that I might've pushed him to port his mod to 1.10.2... Maybe.

Well, anyway, I wonder how he will implement his morphings in 1.10.2.
10/20/2016 6:57 pm
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
striker107
He was asking for you to test it and you say this?

I honor him for trying to make sure that the modded community doesn't die with the older and bigger mods not going to advance past 1.8.X or 1.7.X, he is only trying to make the mods available for the newer versions of MC. And this is just showing that he liked the morph mod so much that he went and used his time to make it. He doesn't deserve to be degraded for his efforts.
10/20/2016 11:00 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
That comment wasn't meant to do any harm. I do think it is good to be recreating great mods like that, but isn't Morph still under development?
10/21/2016 4:28 am
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
striker107
I knew that iChuns was still working on it, but I didn't know if iChun was going to advance to 1.10. So I was just trying to honor McHorse for his efforts.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome