New to Skinning! HELP!

littledarling's Avatar littledarling1/29/16 11:45 pm
1 emeralds 577 9
2/15/2016 6:03 pm
Kodiacbear's Avatar Kodiacbear
I'm new to creating skins and I've noticed the first two skins I made just look awkward? compared to more proffesional skins something just seems off. (obviously I'm not as skilled/talented as people who've been skinning for a long time!) BUT if anyone could give me any tips or point out what I could fix with my skins, that would be great!

Thanks and have a lovely day!
littledarling
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/15/2016 6:03 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Kodiacbear
littledarlingI'm new to creating skins and I've noticed the first two skins I made just look awkward? compared to more proffesional skins something just seems off. (obviously I'm not as skilled/talented as people who've been skinning for a long time!) BUT if anyone could give me any tips or point out what I could fix with my skins, that would be great!

Thanks and have a lovely day!

First off, come up with a shadin' style that fits you.

Second, Don't use the "Camouflage" (or whatever it's called) on the hair, and try to use minimally in the skin it self.

Third, if you don't enjoy making the skin, try to think of a skin you would enjoy making.

Fourth, Find a editor that is easy for you to use (wither it be online or offline).

And Fifth, Just have fun, and don't just make skins you like, make skins you think other people might like with the occasional skin that you use
02/15/2016 5:05 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
blackgoomba44
To me, I think everything looks splendid.

02/13/2016 12:22 pm
Level 48 : Master Blob
ABigFatTomato
1) Only use the 2nd layer for things that need to stick out

2) For shading, try to think of where a shadow would fall on a human body. If all else fails for this, just open up a ton of tabs with skins u like, and then make a combo of the shading that u like.

3) NEVER use noise, it just makes your skin ugly. Try to use shading instead.

4) Hair shading is the hardest thing to do, and i only learned how to do it like 3 weeks ago. Try to see what other hair shading looks like, and then try to do hair kinda like that, but not exactly identical.
02/13/2016 11:56 am
Level 1 : New Miner
anonpmc2102895
[deleted]
02/13/2016 5:30 am
Level 43 : Master Skinner
Phetagorah
Never use noise when shading. It makes the whole thing look messy. Try hue-shifting your colors, and if you don't know what that is or how to do it, just search the site for tutorials. There are loads.
01/30/2016 1:35 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
You're texturing the second layer. Makes everything a lot "fatter", for lack of a better word. Make sure you work with the right layer.
01/30/2016 10:03 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
littledarling
yes that makes more sense now! thank you
01/29/2016 11:57 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
500poundsofnothing
The colors need hue shifting, the hair needs to be less noisy, the shading needs to be more constant, and the skin needs to be less flat.
01/30/2016 12:00 am
Level 25 : Expert Crafter
idk lol
^
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome