My new unity3d game, GoldLight!

serdarminecraft's Avatar serdarminecraft6/5/15 10:51 am
7/4/2015 3:19 pm
Karrfis's Avatar Karrfis
Hello everyone, Today im going to show you my first game, NOT DarkMaze
GoldLight!
Current version: 0.1

In the game you select a level, Each level has a difficulty. There will be around 5 levels when i finish. I will also add some enemys that you need to stay away while trying to find the golden light!

The enemys currently arent added.

There is currently only 1 maze(level) which is a very easy level.

You are a character (first person controller) in a maze trying to find a golden light (its a yellow light) located somewhere in the maze.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7t3zo ... eFiles.rar

Download that, UNZIP IT! Open Oyunum.exe (Will change the name)
and have fun playing it! I made this game to work on even a computer from 2005, So the graphics arent so good. I need some feedback so please play, and use the reply section to give feedback / report the bugs. Feel free to comment other things.

Game engine: Unity 3D
Language: C#
Time used to make the first playable build: a few hours.

Features im going to add:
Enemys
More levels
Score system with saving
serdarminecraft
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/04/2015 2:40 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Taco
PurpleAnt
Well guys, we are stopping development... GoldLight is not going to be finished
07/04/2015 3:19 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
Any reason or just cuz
06/07/2015 2:39 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
alex1113
Screenshots:

06/07/2015 12:57 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cake
mcrocks999
I still want screenshots... just waiting...
06/07/2015 12:58 pm
alex1113
I'll take some later, or serdar can send some to me
06/07/2015 12:58 pm
alex1113
or you could just download it...
06/07/2015 12:36 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
How is the game associated with gold light? Is it like an item, I haven't played the game yet.
06/07/2015 12:40 pm
alex1113
The whole idea of the game is you're in a dark maze (that's what it used to be called) and you have to try and find the gold light, hidden in the maze, to escape.
06/07/2015 12:26 pm
alex1113
Hey everyone! I'm Alex, I'm one of Serdar's friends. He got temporarily banned for about a month and I offered to write the latest update on behalf of him. So here it is:

Back button added

Exit button added

Removed the mouse icon

Also v0.2 is coming out soon.

-Alex (on behalf of serdar)
06/05/2015 8:35 pm
PurpleAnt
Name has been changed to Gold Light, may change it in the future though.
06/06/2015 2:42 am
serdarminecraft
Yup! I was going to say that! ( The name DarkMaze is used.)

As long as the games good and runs good it doesn't matter. Sure c++ may be a more powerful and useful language, but ultimately its the developers choice as to what he chooses to code with.
Also lets respect the developer by ending this argument, as we are all here (or should be here) to view his game.

Thank you dude!
Yes. Please dont argue about this. As long as it runs good, whats the problem?
06/05/2015 3:34 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
Simple reasons to use Unity: its free to use, its commercial program is very beneficial for beginning game designers and its relatively easy to learn and well documented. The only other game engine I know that is free is Unreal 4 and that only came out a short while ago.
06/05/2015 2:03 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
06/05/2015 1:10 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cake
mcrocks999
Screenshots?
06/05/2015 12:59 pm
serdarminecraft
In tomorrows update the mouse will be hidden
06/05/2015 11:11 am
PurpleAnt
Hey, do you need any help, I really like the idea and I have a whole team of coders, animators, and a pixel artist(if it's a pixel game)

check the team out @ https://kbve.com if your interested
06/05/2015 10:53 am
Level 42 : Master Mage
Pixel
Tips for improving your game:
- Don't use Unity; it's horrible
- Do not ever, ever, ever use C# or any sharp languages
06/05/2015 10:58 am
serdarminecraft
Reasons? I never had problems with c# or unity, (I only use c# on unity. I am not a fan of c#)
06/05/2015 11:31 am
Pixel
Glad you asked.

Firstly, the language is extremely bloated. If you learn something like C++, you automatically understand several other languages. C# isn't like that. It has many, many features that other languages do not have, so once you learn it, you're stuck with it, just the way Microsoft like it. They want you using C# only because they own it.

Watch this to understand some for the reasons why C# is a horrible option and C++ is a great option.

I won't talk about my opinion much but search for "Most evil company" on Google or your preferred search engine. By using C#, you're supporting that.

I won't even expand on Unity. It's about as fast as an elephant trying to squeeze through your front door!
06/05/2015 11:49 am
Level 22 : Expert Modder
Lacuna Corporation
This makes no sense at all. Sure, it might be easier to understand other languages but for many people learning C++ right away is a very bad idea. There both OOP (up to a point) which is useful in game programming, but saying that you're stuck with C# once you learn it is stupid. Anyone who is a half decent programmer can pick up a new language very easily, so if you understand C# then you'll be able to learn other languages as well. Not to mention that C# is native to Unity, unless you want to use JavaScript (which really IS a bad idea, in terms of power).

As for Unity, the editor is slow with very large scenes. But it's built-in compilers, console and extensive features are great for beginners. If you didn't use Unity, and you started out by trying to make your own engine (bearing in mind that Unity is pretty much the easiest engine out there), you'd likely give up very fast. You'd have to learn how to handle resources, GPU output, and even compilation pass orders. Unity's actual build outputs are very fast, so the end product is in no way limited by Unity. And that's with the free version. I have Unity Pro, which gives you many extra features, from lightmapping settings to mesh data optimisation. All in all, as long as you actually know what you're doing with optimisation, Unity is an extremely fast solution.
06/05/2015 12:11 pm
Pixel
Many of the concepts that you have in C# are stupid and non existent in other languages; that is what I was saying. It's a waste of time.

Do your light-mapping yourself. It's not that difficult. Why should you want to learn Unity when you can learn something like OpenGL? There is just no comparison.
06/05/2015 4:18 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Scribe
DikerdodlePlays
I personally know nothing about coding, but from the previous statements, that is a biased opinion of yours. Everything has its pros and cons and, frankly, just let them do what they want. It might be a waste of time to you, but maybe not others.
06/05/2015 1:45 pm
Level 22 : Expert Modder
Lacuna Corporation
I was referring to lightmap optimisation, and the reason that you would learn Unity as opposed to OpenGL or other libraries is that do you really think a beginner is going to want to sit and learn the entire API? The Unity API is extremely straightforward, and much more efficient. Unless you really know what you're doing, Unity is always going to be faster for prototyping than any library, purely because it's such a great visual editor. This also makes it really easy to learn.
06/05/2015 1:37 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Modder
WThieves
Your points are very opinionated, C# is a great language to start learning, and can also be a good language for the advanced programmer.
You say it has so many of it's own concepts, but one can see a lot of those as just pre-installed libraries.
It has all the basics like functions, variables, polymorphism, Object Oriëntation.

Learning via C# is a good basis, and it can easily allow you to learn how code actually works, from a C# basis you can go to learn Java, or Objective C or any other language.

Also Unity isn't bad either, there's lots of games made with it and that's for the simple reason that it works, its engine gives you a very simple and easy way to start programming your own game at your own pace.

Lastly I have this gut feeling you are very anti-windows, and while you have your rights to have your own opinions, you cannot deny that Windows is still the biggest PC gaming OS, crushing the others. Steam has a >95% Windows userbase http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

I say this, because everytime I see someone program something, it doesn't matter what language, there's always a ton of other programmers saying he's using the wrong languages or bad tools and as a programmer myself I just find this abnoxious and unneeded.
06/05/2015 11:46 am
PurpleAnt
Unity is only bad if you don't know how to use it, or if you don't have coders... which is where we come in
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome