MC News | EULA | Bukkit DMCA | Microsoft/Mojang | Video

Xx_lNFlNlTE_xX's Avatar Xx_lNFlNlTE_xX9/16/14 11:30 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 14
9/17/2014 6:15 pm
mesmart1's Avatar mesmart1

(EDITORS NOTE: This is only a commentary and will not express hard facts in a full 100%, although the information given here is backed by hard facts some of it is only based on mere estimates and guesses based on information provided by the internet.)

All of the news that has arrived to us as blows in such a short notice, we as a community have seen MineCraft grow, we have been through some hard times as we saw MineCraft leave the indev stages into their Alpha and Beta stages, when 1.0 was released we rejoiced and we began to saw the community grow, when 1.5 hit we saw a boost in the community, now at 1.8 we have been hit by heavy blows, but we must stand up and stay alive and as a whole for the community. Microsoft will be a ruler that wont give us the liberty to stand free and enjoy what we know of MineCraft as it is today, with possible changes to the way we play multiplayer our community might be hit with a wall, but we will find a way to get past all of the issues that we will encounter, I for one have found projects that could keep our community alive and healthy. In this video you can see a discussion between a friend and I about all the things that
have happened in the community over the past 2 months, I hope that you enjoy it and that you can share your opinion in the comments.

Here are a few links to projects that could keep minecraft alive!

http://spongepowered.org/

(I will Be Adding More As I Find Them)

Credits for help with the video:
InfiniteMC - CEO of ByInfiniTech and a Musician
spruill7716 - Creator of the Harbor Day ModPack (http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/deta ... ack.343241)
meeper995 - Co-Creator of "Infinity Realms" the map used in this video.

Music By: InfiniteMC (Upcoming Piano Album)
Map By: Infinity Build Team
Voices: InfiniteMC, spruill7716

Infinite OUT! PEACE!!!
Xx_lNFlNlTE_xX
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/17/2014 6:15 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
mesmart1
I think that if microsoft will fix the eula and then just do updates every 6 months or so. minecraft will do vary well. even better if PC Xbox cross servers become easily done.
09/17/2014 5:29 pm
Xx_lNFlNlTE_xX
I was wrong website is back up with no changes!
09/17/2014 5:13 pm
Xx_lNFlNlTE_xX
Well Minecraft.net is down, possibly another ddos or maybe its changeing
09/17/2014 4:45 pm
Xx_lNFlNlTE_xX
Yes, I'd still love to see how sponge would be used, looks interesting. what woroes me though is Microsoft's acquisition of Mojang...
09/17/2014 2:32 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer
12youri12
if the official minecraft plugin api comes out ... i will be happy!
09/17/2014 2:43 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
And there's the potential killer of Sponge - the only reason being availability. However, there is technically a bright side; somebody could write a Plugin API -> SpongeAPI wrapper. It'd be 100% compatible because the API would be implemented inside the vanilla server anyways.
09/17/2014 2:13 pm
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
The beauty of Sponge is that because it is designed to work with Forge, but all the old bukkit servers will move to it, we'll just have one major system instead of two competing ones. Servers can easily have simple stuff or expand with client-side mods if they want to.

A much better system IMO
09/17/2014 2:25 pm
Paril
While I do think that it's good that we essentially have every good Minecraft developer working on Sponge, there will still be alternatives. Not saying they'll be any good, but..
09/17/2014 2:03 pm
Xx_lNFlNlTE_xX
But porting bukkit plugins would be great, but I also beleivw that developers will use the sponge api and update it themselves
09/17/2014 12:57 pm
Xx_lNFlNlTE_xX
Sponge powered servers will have the ability to have bukkit and forge compatibility
09/17/2014 1:27 pm
Paril
No; Sponge is the Forge implementation of SpongeAPI. It is the main implementation being supported by the team. The Bukkit API is not supported by Sponge, but a wrapper may be devised (working name of "Pore") which will essentially map Bukkit to SpongeAPI.
09/17/2014 2:00 pm
Xx_lNFlNlTE_xX
I was going to explain it like that but I didn't really want to add any much detail to how it would work since I'm on a mobile device, but thank you for explaining
09/17/2014 12:01 pm
Xx_lNFlNlTE_xX
Ik the issue has been fixed, you can watch it now it explains alot
09/16/2014 11:36 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
"video unavailable"
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com