Non-Bluky armour?

dragon_12dk's Avatar dragon_12dk7/6/15 2:52 pm
1 emeralds 1.4k 6
8/1/2015 2:52 pm
Spectral's Avatar Spectral
Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to use a resource or texture pack to make armor less bulky like as if it was a skin. I noticed that diamond, Iron, and gold leggings are all "Skin-tight" can I get boots, chestplates, and helmets to act the same? If not, could I make the leggings skin go all the way up to the chestplate? So when you put on the legs it will cover up the chest area also, even though a chestplate is not on.
dragon_12dk
Level 46 : Master Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/01/2015 2:52 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Loremaster
Spectral
you can use 3d modeling only for blocks not armor or entities which suck but anyways, you can 3d model blocks like pumpkins and such and use it as a helmet. If u want u can 3d model the carpets like they did in the Warlords Texture pack for hypixel. Also! I know that you can layer the helmet texture. It has a total of 2 layers just like a player skin where u can also make a hat layer right? That layer is available for the helmet only tho. I have used the 2nd layer for my chain armor in my texture pack.
07/10/2015 10:12 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Wizard
Elite_Ranger
idk
07/10/2015 9:41 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
samnam_style
Mods?
07/06/2015 8:23 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
bigdallus
It's certainly possible. Using 3D models you can make the helmet any size(Within about 12x12 blocks (3x3 block model + 4x item size) ) I would recommend cubik, but any other 3D minecraft model creator should work.
07/10/2015 9:29 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Pixel Painter
insomniac_lemon
It certainly isn't, at least not currently with vanilla, because you can't actually edit the armor models (or most entity models, save for item frames and a few things that are inherited from other models, like thrown items or mooshroom mushrooms). The closest you can get is remodelling the pumpkin into a helmet and that's all you get.

However, layering armor as OP wondered later in the post IS possible, because iirc because of how the armor is modelled in default (1 image for chestplate+helmet and 1 image for leggings+boots) and I believe people have even taken advantage of that before.
07/06/2015 4:41 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome