Norton keeps removing mcskin3d

Crescendo's Avatar Crescendo1/24/15 3:39 am
1/25/2015 5:31 am
Crescendo's Avatar Crescendo
Hey there as soon as I try to use mcskin3d Norton removes it, detecting it as a threat , which is really annoying because I don't know how to prevent this from happening. Anyone know how to fix this problem? :S
Crescendo
Level 81 : Elite Witch

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/25/2015 5:31 am
Crescendo
FIXED :3

what I did in case anyone else is feeling the struggle:

0. Restart you comuder

1. Mine was grumbling that it wanted me to scan, so in a rage I allowed it to do so.

2. After scanning and removing the cookies it cares so much more about than I do, it then enabled me to use the interface again as in I could actually CLICK on stuff ¬ ¬ stupid Norton

3. I was then able to access security history again and exclude the program from Norton's clutches#

So yeah thanks for the responses everyone- not really sure why it messed up in the first place but oh well problem solved.
01/24/2015 1:01 pm
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
ok but seriously people, yes norton doesnt work but if OP wants to keep it there is some pretty easy steps to take.

When the file is blocked there should be a popup that says "norton has blocked (file).exe from running" or something along the lines of that - click on more details. It will open up the norton screen and you can take the file out of quarantine permanently and norton will ignore the file. Its pretty simple
01/25/2015 4:55 am
Crescendo
that's the problem, usually that does pop-up and from there I usually remove what was quarantined/ However, when I try to run the program it just silently removes it from the computer without my permission. Then, when I go onto Norton it does not allow me to click anywhere and or anything.

Click to reveal
And I didn't buy it my mother and father did for all the computers in the house -.- so please stop prejudicing against me for being a PC noob
01/24/2015 12:29 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
halorule
Yup, Norton is really bad at its job, so just wait till your subscription ends and uninstall the -no- out of it. The reason I say that is because on my old pc Norton WOULD NOT UNINSTALL and I had to do a system restore to get rid of it ._.
01/24/2015 12:13 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Why would you actually spend money on Norton...? lol

Every time my boyfriend has a gaming-related problem, it's Norton's fault, whether it's silently deleting files added from a Steam update or blocking his internet connection to games like Guild Wars 2.

In addition to all these suggestions, you could also just disable Norton while you download McSkin3D, unless of course it's also detecting it as a virus when you try to run it to make some skins.
01/24/2015 12:06 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
If I was you, I wouldn't wait for the subscription to end, kill it with fire now.
01/24/2015 12:02 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Turtle
Tdonny
Wait and then Get Avast!!!
01/24/2015 11:33 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
NordlysFerries
It is possible to CANCEL Norton removing things (follow the steps!);

1: let it delete it. Norton should put a small pop-up on the screen saying:
___ has been deleted.

2: go to details. in the pop-up there is a blue sentence that says: see details. click
the see details sentance.

3: there should a button there that says something like Restore. click that button.

YOU ARE SET!
01/24/2015 12:08 pm
Crescendo
Thanks everyone there's a good mix of advice I can work with from all of that I'll explore my Norton's activity as well like IrishChaos suggested ^-^

Thanks everyone though I do wonder why Norton only recently started blocking it o.o"
01/24/2015 9:34 am
Level 49 : Master Wizard
epicanthony76
In the settings there should be a disable for amount of time. I dont have norton anymore so I dont remeber.
01/24/2015 9:27 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
Norton is like a virus itself, almost impossible to get rid of completely, and sometimes detects things as viruses when they aren't, and doesn't detect viruses when there is at some times.
Make sure that you get rid of every file that is a part of Norton when your subscription is over.
You could also just disable it whenever you want to use mcskin3d, and if that doesn't work I don't know...
01/24/2015 9:20 am
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
I had that error before, Im not too sure how I fixed it, though Im pretty sure theres a way to allow in the options, try googling some tutorial or something?
01/24/2015 8:52 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Insanity
almost everyone that uses Norton has had this problem. re-installing doesn't seem to work either. I would suggest to wait until your subscription wears off, and then get a new program.
01/24/2015 11:36 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
okoloto
Re-installing worked for me :/
01/24/2015 3:56 am
Crescendo
Kind of spent money on it though... so would prefer not to change it until the subscription wears off ;o;
01/24/2015 3:45 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
Nathat23
Get rid of Norton, it has alot of false detections...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome