[IDEA] Not Your Typical Server Community

10HeartsAdmin's Avatar 10HeartsAdmin7/6/15 10:53 am
7/6/2015 3:05 pm
Skaldas's Avatar Skaldas
POLL: WOULD YOU PLAY ON A SERVER COMMUNITY DESCRIBED BELOW?

MAKE SURE TO VOTE!!!

A NON DONATION RANK / OP RANK / PAY TO WIN SERVER COMMUNITY IDEA BUILT BY THE PLAYERS FOR THE PLAYERS WITHOUT FORCING THEM TO PAY TO GAIN AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE

For a link to our website to signup and contribute to server development go to our Faction Servers Main Page on PMC http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/p ... my-server/ which is where you can find our website address since i don't think I am allowed to post it directly in this forum according to the forum rules.

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to read this forum post. My name is Malvagio87 and I am the owner of the 10 Hearts server which was created in early 2011. Like many servers we offered donation ranks for real money to support the server costs. Even though we tried our best to keep the donation ranks balanced so that all players had the same opportunities, these ranks slowly became OP and unbalanced the game. In late 2014 due to personal reasons and hating what the server had turned into I decided to close it. Now 6 months later after giving it a lot of thought I decided to reopen 10 Hearts as a FREE TO PLAY / Fair Play server and hope to open several different server types like besides Factions like SkyBlock, Skygrid, Mini-Games, Prison, PVE, etc. Pretty much whatever the community wants they will get.

We opened our flagship server last month as a BETA and got great feedback and will be releasing the polished version to the public on 7/10/2015

The reason I decided to reopen the server was because I wanted to start playing Minecraft again, but every server I went on to had OP ranks that completely unbalanced the game and if you didn’t pay them then you wouldn’t have any chance at winning. So I thought to myself why not recreate 10Hearts as a completely “donator rank” free server where players could choose to donate if they wanted to and if they did then receive no special perks, permissions, or gear. I knew going in that this would not be a fast process and would take time, but since I am at a point in my life where I can support the server costs for a few months I was willing to see if the server grows in popularity at my own expense. Therefore, I then began to develop the server getting a dedicated server from OVH and not some cheap VPS or shared hosting Minecraft server like many Minecraft servers on PMC are today. I have always hated servers that lag and have made sure that any server I host would not. I then decided to create this Forum Topic to see how players would react to a server idea like this and to get input from the PMC members. I very much wanted the server to be driven by the community because they are the ones playing on it. I also did not want to offer the same playstyle you can get anywhere else, but instead try and offer my own unique twist on traditional Factions PvP servers. Below you will see a brief description of the server and hopefully if this FREE TO PLAY / Fair Play idea works then I will be able to grow the 10 Hearts Community and add additional servers to it. Also please vote in the poll and if you vote no then please explain why you voted that way. Also please post any questions or comments that you may have that you feel would benefit to this topic of conversation.

THE FIRST SERVER WE WILL BE RELEASING IS OUR FACTIONS SERVER, WHICH AGAIN IS NOT YOUR AVERAGE FACTIONS SERVER AND WILL BE OPENING THIS FRIDAY 7/10/2015

which you can find the IP and website for on our PMC page http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/p ... my-server/ is a Survival PvP Raiding Factions Server. We have a very large plugin list tailored to the needs and wants of our community based on posts made on our website forum.

IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS, COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS OR ANY IMPORTANT FEEDBACK PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON THIS POST AND I WILL TRY TO ANSWER ASAP.
10HeartsAdmin
Level 13 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/06/2015 3:05 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Scribe
Skaldas
I'm not expert but since you asked for my opinion, here it goes.

I'd like to mention that your advertisement uses a lot of bright colors which in some aspect draws in a lot of attention but for me it's more of an eyesore if anything. On the other had, your post is vague. You're talking about all these new things, for example; your factions server, but you're not really explaining how it's different then any other faction server that you can find on PMC. You should create spoilers and section it off for people to read about why it's different and possibly make extra spoilers with the misc. information you can think of.

In the overall summary, you're basing your entire server as "different" because you say it's "free to play" and it has some traces of other aspects but they're not fully explained.

-edit note-

Don't take my word into too much consideration at all. Any opinion put on here is obviously biased. Compile a bunch of helpful replies and improve your post based on what you think would benefit it best from the responses you received.
07/06/2015 12:58 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
ILikeToPvPnWin
So besides factions what other servers will there be?
07/06/2015 11:54 am
10HeartsAdmin
I see 4 people so far have posted NO to the idea, but not posted a comment as to why? Other than trolling I would love to understand why players would not want to play on a server where skill is what determined who was good and who was bad vs buying your way to the top.
07/06/2015 1:02 pm
Level 29 : Expert Artist
Jedi
People loose interest in minecraft.
07/06/2015 1:14 pm
10HeartsAdmin
Then why are they on the PMC forums lol
07/06/2015 11:50 am
ILikeToPvPnWin
Would you consider implementing time based ranks? For instance if a player spent x amount of time on the server they would get some type of reward?
07/06/2015 11:52 am
10HeartsAdmin
I think that could possibly be implemented as long as it wasnt game breaking. I would like to reward those that spend time on the server playing but I wouldnt want the rewards to be so good that it would make the game unbalanced for new players if you know what I mean.
07/06/2015 11:38 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
blake852369
10hearts I pmed you about something if you could check it out when you get the chance that would be awesome
07/06/2015 11:48 am
10HeartsAdmin
In short I am interested in having additional servers implemented, but would want them to be able to be connected to the hub so right now I am not interested in FTB / Pixelmon or other related server types to be added to the 10 Hearts Network.
07/06/2015 11:51 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
blake852369
ok thank you for your time
07/06/2015 11:24 am
ILikeToPvPnWin
I would 100% love this idea and would definitely play on a community like this if it was managed properly. Too many servers now are PAY TO WIN which is annoying.
07/06/2015 11:30 am
10HeartsAdmin
My thoughts exactly! My hope/goal is to have the community support the server costs to keep it running. I plan on fronting the money for it for the next few months as it grows, but i feel like educated mature players will donate to keep it a "rank free" place to play.
07/06/2015 11:15 am
Jedi
People don't like to read long posts, I did, just so I could post this.
07/06/2015 11:19 am
10HeartsAdmin
Yea I realized that as soon as i finished... Kind of an information OVERLOAD. I think I am going to edit it now to make it shorter.
07/06/2015 11:24 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
luigi_vampa
Filters out those with a short attention span.
07/06/2015 11:26 am
Jedi
My attention span is fine, if I care.
07/06/2015 11:27 am
10HeartsAdmin
So since you read the first really long post, what was your impression? Do you think it would be a server community you would want to play on?
07/06/2015 11:33 am
Jedi
Not really, it would take a very VERY good idea to get me back into minecraft, heres what I do want.

The old Infamy Modern Warfare pack, it was a multiplayer experience with nukes, guns, an incredibly good dupelication glitch that gave my guys infinite ICBM's that nearly got us banned then I got bored and..

When I came back to the game, IT WAS GONE.

Modpack went poof, down the toilet..
07/06/2015 11:26 am
10HeartsAdmin
That is true, but a majority of the players now are younger and have a short attention span.

I just moved all of the information about the server over to the server page on http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/p ... my-server/ for anyone that wants to read up on how this factions server is different other than not being PAY TO WIN like every other one in existence.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome