*Official PMC Halloween Skin Contest! (2 weeks) Prizes!*

Happybandaid's Avatar Happybandaid10/7/11 8:00 pm
10/10/2011 11:44 pm
Cyprezz's Avatar Cyprezz

Contest runs from October 7th to October 24th

UPDATE TO SUBMISSION PROCESS!
From now on submit skins into the contest by simply checking "For Contest" on the skin submission form. We didn't expect 379 submissions in 3 days Forum format is obsolete to handle a contest this popular. We'll start a new thread to discuss the contest but I'm locking this one to make sure everyone knows to use new process. Thanks.

Click here to view the official contest page!

View the current entries!

I locked this thread to make sure everyone knows of the change.
Click here for the new content discussions thread!

Welcome to PMC's first official skin contest!!

After the contest boom last month, PMC has decided to host official contests with awesome prizes! So I present to you:

The theme of this contest will be anything spooky, scary or just plain weird that is associated with Halloween. For those of you who need clarification, here's a little synopsis thanks to wikipedia:

"Halloween (or Hallowe'en) is an annual holiday observed on October 31, which commonly includes activities such as trick-or-treating, attending costume parties, carving jack-o'-lanterns, bonfires, apple bobbing, visiting haunted attractions, playing pranks, telling scary stories, and watching horror films."

1. Create Original Characters!
Do not make skins of already existing horror movie/videogame characters such as Freddy Krueger or Jason - make up your own horror villains! However, it's fine to create your own version of generic horror monsters such as Frankenstein's Monster or Dracula.

2. Skins must be new and made for this contest.
No copies, re-posts, or old skins will be accepted. This includes copies of default textures from the minecraft.jar, existing texture packs, or previously existing member submissions, from this site or others, including your own galleries. Give us something new and fresh, please!

3. Skins must be valid, use-able character skins.
This is a contest for player skins only. Please do not submit mob skins, villager skins, or anything but the format expected for the player model. As transparent skins have not worked since minecraft Alpha, make sure that your skins are COMPLETELY filled out. No skins with transparent portions will be accepted.

4. Submit something you made.
Sampling skins is not 'making' a skin. It is copying and applying minor edits. SkinCraft is not 'making' a skin. It is copying from a library of 'parts'. Keep in mind, all the normal rules from the skin submission area still apply. Take your time, start from scratch, and make something completely unique!

5. One entry per person.
Each user will only be permitted to submit one skin for this contest. This doesn't mean you can't make more, but I would suggest submitting only your best one, for obvious reasons. Remember, you can edit your one entry as long as the contest is still running.

6. The contest will run for two weeks.
Post dates must be made after today's date, Oct. 7th. The contest will end about two weeks from today, on Mon, Oct. 24th. Skins submitted after the 24th will not be accepted.

7. Take your time, and make it fun!
Give your skin some character! Give him/her a name, and maybe a backstory. Give them some defining characteristics. Make it unique and awesome! Remember, you have two weeks to do this. You don't need to put something up right away - and even if you chose to, you're allowed to update your submission as many times as you want before the final close date of the 24th.

Submit your skin using the normal upload form. Just check off that it's for the contest.

1st Place
(1) Steve Head - Jinx.com

(1) Minecraft Foam Pick Axe - ThinkGeek.com

A Contest Themed, Gold, Pixel Art Trophy for Member's Profile Trophy Case.
Profile Featured on PMC - 1 Week.

2nd Place
A Contest Themed, Silver, Pixel Art Trophy for Member's Profile Trophy Case.

3rd Place
Contest Themed, Bronze, Pixel Art Trophy for Member's Profile Trophy Case.

All Participants
A Contest Themed, Pixel Art Badge/Medal for Member's Profile Trophy Case.

If you need help or want some tips for making nice skins, see Studnicky's excellent step by step guide: You can find it here.

Halucid, another fantastic skin maker, once recorded the entire process of him making a skin. You can watch the video here.

Between the two of those, perhaps you will get some ideas about how to improve your work. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' way, as this is a form of art! These are just two different methods Halucid and Studnicky have used for producing nice results.

StudnickyTwo things I feel need to be said here:

1. Skins that are obvious remixes are not acceptable.

2. Do not rush yourself to get something in immediately. It will not help you to submit anything less than fantastic, so take your time.

Submissions are now listed in their own section of the site. Click here to see them all!

Judges will be encouraged to participate, but will be disqualified from winning prizes.
1. HappyBandAid
2. Studnicky
3. kacboy
4. juddaba
5. Soulstealer
6. Sourc00kie
7. BlackFTW
Happybandaid
Retired Moderator
Level 44 : Master Scribe

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/10/2011 11:44 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Cyprezz
From now on submit skins into the contest by simply checking "For Contest" on the skin submission form. We didn't expect 379 submissions in 3 days Forum format is obsolete to handle a contest this popular. We'll start a new thread to discuss the contest but I'm locking this one to make sure everyone knows to use new process. Thanks.

Here is the official contest page:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/contests ... contest-1/

Current Entries:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/contests ... 1/entries/
10/10/2011 11:13 pm
Level 25 : Expert Narwhal
nubpwn
View Death Mechanic (Contest Skin)

A mechanic from many years ago, relives to haunt the Minecrafters and receive revenge for the hate from his time
10/10/2011 11:08 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Herobrine
mikami teru1
View Bloody Skeleton (Contest Skin)

Once on death row for serial killings, this skeleton escaped from the prison graveyard one year on Halloween night and now walks the earth to continue the hundreds of killings he started nearly a hundred years ago
10/10/2011 11:07 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dolphin
mattrn19
View Mattrn19 Zombie (Contest Skin)
This is my entry for the skin contest, if you guys have any suggestions I would happily take them since I am new to making skins and have only made three (all variations of the first skin I made)
10/10/2011 11:04 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Skinner
DigiDude99
View Enderbot

Name: The Enderbot

Description: The Medibot, one of Minecraftia's greatest achievements. But, an unoriginal inventor stole the project and added his own evil touch. The bot is now a deadly weapon used for destruction. Can you tame the beast?
10/10/2011 11:03 pm
Happybandaid
OKAY. I've gone through from page 39 to now adding skins to the submitted list we are keeping (it's not up yet) and giving feedback to those who were disqualified.

If you have red, bold writing on your skin entry post, your skin has been disqualified.

Please try again, but this time following the rules and guidelines!

End of the 3rd submission list
10/10/2011 10:52 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
Chickenmafle1
View Zombie Steve (Contest Skin)

You have to make your own original creation, not just edit the Steve skin.
10/10/2011 10:41 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Skinner
R3TR0M0NK3Y358
heres my entry
View Infection spred(contest skin)

Erm, we're not accepting skins with endermen parts because that's not using your own original character. Sorry.
10/10/2011 10:30 pm
Level 20 : Expert Pirate
Bleyd
Sorry about my first entry not being original enough (or, in retrospect, not original at all).

Here's my new entry:
The Mummy of Totinramen
10/10/2011 10:25 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Warrior
strikor9878
meh, i tried, but i've created the reaper of gazamo. i thought i should make something like this while playing on gazamo, so here it is
View The reaper of Gazamo
its ok, but i dont think it will win D:
10/10/2011 10:28 pm
strikor9878
I was viewing it and i saw some flaws. can i fix those?
10/10/2011 10:24 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Architect
Toadsidian
10/10/2011 10:02 pm
Level 45 : Master Blob
SourC00kie
I can definitely already see the Top 10 in my head.
10/10/2011 9:47 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
huntnm
10/10/2011 9:41 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Skinner
GeoX14
10/10/2011 9:13 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Skinner
Goopsloop
View Steve turning Zombie (Conest Skin)

Steve going zombie!

.....Nope.
10/10/2011 8:58 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Princess
shoeberrypie
View Vorehven (Contest Submission, Halloween)

It's a messed up tentacle creature I made up. Not necessarily "scary", but downright creepy. I play Minecraft with this skin and often have the urge to eat zombie flesh...

(WARNING: It is a full body anatomy. Some people are immature about this... For me, Armor = Clothing)
10/10/2011 9:39 pm
Level 25 : Expert Blacksmith
Griff Morivan
...Wow. I actually really hope that if I don't make it into the top five, this does. This is a great skin. And no, I'm not saying it because of the dork. I'm just... I dunno. There is something kind of cool about this one.
10/10/2011 9:53 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Princess
shoeberrypie
Thank you! Yet another person looks at my work in an artistic manner, instead of saying "lol, wut? tahts a p1ng4s!!!!"
10/10/2011 8:48 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Kingjohn11
i need more info on this!! Plz contact me ASAP!!
10/10/2011 8:49 pm
Kingjohn11
like... how do i make a skin, and all that jazz?! Can i request one???
10/10/2011 8:26 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Hero
MrFang
Ill toss my money in the hat as well...
View Halloween Clone

Sorry, this isn't your original creation. You have to make an original character from scratch for this contest.
10/10/2011 8:21 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
ahmesa0720
You enter at the bottom I think so I'll try it. If I'm wrong plz tell me so bye
10/10/2011 8:13 pm
Happybandaid
JUST A FRIENDLY UPDATE FOR EVERYONE!

Right now we are compiling a biiiig list of the tons and tons of skins that have been submitted, making sure that ALL of them are there.

Basically...we're making a list, and checkin' it twice.

Once we have that finalized we'll post them all up. For now, with the number of skins we are getting each day, it's hard to just manually update the submitted skin list while they are posted.

Meanwhile, Cyprezz is creating a much easier system that we can use for the rest of this contest and in the future. =)

Your entry HAS been accepted unless you are told otherwise by an edit in your contest entry post itself or in a PM.

Happy skinning, peoples!

- Happybandaid
10/10/2011 8:10 pm
jjPWNS
Ill make a skin later c:
10/10/2011 7:28 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
alecsloan11
Heres mine hope you like it

View Pumpkin Soldier (Contest Skin)

Fresh recruit from the nether army.
10/10/2011 7:40 pm
strikor9878
I believe this will be disqualified, due to the fact there is a redstone armor just like this as well as a face kinda like that
10/10/2011 7:49 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
alecsloan11
shoot didnt even know there was a redstone armor i was just making it red to mirror the nether
10/10/2011 8:32 pm
strikor9878
well, it could be a nether brick armor, just make the red a little darker
10/10/2011 7:22 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Dragon
Dominans
10/10/2011 7:22 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Dragon
Dominans
This one is epic this is mine!!
10/10/2011 7:20 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Taco
green_giant5232
10/10/2011 7:20 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Ranger
lildud
10/10/2011 7:19 pm
Level 40 : Master Dolphin
trenty43
View captain Jenkins Zombie (contest)
there is one reason why a zombie is called a zombie, its because of captain Jenkins Zombie.i will give you the short version. Jenkins was in the kings royal army, most trusted man their, one day he was asked to check out an island with his crew.

the arrived there and he took two men into the forest with him while the others set up camp. then his men were killed and he was taken prisoner and tortured beyond belief.the goal of the torture was to make him go crazy which happened, he became hungry for human flesh.

he was sent back to the camp and started to bash crew mates heads in with his fists and eat the men. the he returned to the people who made him this and they performed a ritual, and made him immortal. then they sent him back to land to spread a plague that he had and make them like him. and he is the ultimate immortal zombie. So if you ever see a zombie walking down your street you can blame Jenkins!
10/10/2011 7:12 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Skinner
Jabberwockyyy
10/10/2011 6:57 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
Miketoot
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/my- ... st-zombie/

You did not make the basic Steve skin. You have to create an original skin from scratch.
10/10/2011 6:56 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Lava Rider
quickysky
View Gorilla Suit Steve (Contest Skin)

Happy Halloween PMC!

I felt like there are already enough bloody and gory stuff here, so i went back to the basics! Hope you like it
10/10/2011 6:49 pm
Level 29 : Expert Blockhead
kole
10/10/2011 6:42 pm
cjo1016
10/10/2011 6:40 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
Furrywolx
View Jassssson

Sorry, interesting concept but it's still using two specific characters not created by you. You have to make your own original character for your skin!
10/10/2011 6:37 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Mountaineer
TheRedD
10/10/2011 6:10 pm
strikor9878
would submiting a medusa skin (completely made from scratch) get me disqualified?
10/10/2011 6:03 pm
Level 27 : Expert Unicorn
seanx117
View Smiley (contest skin)
my skin, Smiley.

Touch the eggs and gain da power!!!

Sorry man, I really like this skin but it's Smiley, the mascot of the band Disturbed and so not your original character. =/ You have to create your own original character!
10/10/2011 5:59 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Unicorn
Car0t
10/10/2011 5:53 pm
Level 1 : New Network
ACurlyCube
No matter the results, I must say that alot of the entries are amazing. Props to whoever wins and everyone who entered
10/10/2011 5:42 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Dragon
jimbo-rainy
My submission, the Icewind Banshee,

The old hag screams and huants the forests of Ireland, read description for full story!

View Icewind Banshee (contest skin)
10/10/2011 5:27 pm
passenger91
Here's my entry
View Izender - Contest
Looks like something from the Ender.
This is 100% original.
10/10/2011 5:25 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
LilSlugger
Well here is my entry. I hope this actually gets looked over at least.

View Muscle head (Hallowe'en Skin Contest)

I apologise if my creation offends anyone.
10/10/2011 5:18 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
Shadoward12
10/10/2011 5:14 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Engineer
KnightMerco8
I made one. Embed code - View Monster Thingy (Contest Skin)

No.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome