No-one joins/stays on my server?!?[HELP]

LilChmichael's Avatar LilChmichael2/23/17 7:06 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 30
3/19/2017 5:05 am
LilChmichael's Avatar LilChmichael
I've started a minecraft server [Factions] its been fully developed and everything is working with no bugs and its been up for a month now and i can't seen to get people to join and stay I don't know why and and worrying if the investment i made will just go to waste. Anyone with any advice or comment i really need help nothing is working I've tried everything the server is on over 12 Minecraft advertisement websites and has a youtube trailer and still nothing.... So Please if anyone can help please just comment

~ Thanks Hope to hear from someone

(Please check out the server and tell me what the problem is)
IP: AntrixNation.g-s.nu( OUT OF DATE READ BELLOW )

Wow Thanks Guys for all the help I've Developed a new server if you can come check it out i wouldn't of done it without you and you where all sayin how i should be unique well come check it out Yet again Thanks!!
New IP: GangsMC.g-s.nu
LilChmichael
Level 3 : Apprentice Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/19/2017 5:05 am
LilChmichael
Bump
03/12/2017 3:37 pm
LilChmichael
NEW IP: GangsMC.g-s.nu
03/12/2017 12:59 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Warrior
CaptainEvstike
Unwhitelist the server! no one can join if it's whitelisted!
03/09/2017 1:25 pm
LilChmichael
Well NEW IP and New Gamemode 'Gangs' Join now at GangsMC.g-s.nu
03/09/2017 3:49 pm
CaptainEvstike
If you want players, you should really turn off the whitelist so they can join...
02/27/2017 1:29 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
Bobbu
Another important thing to keep players around is other players if they see that the server is empty they don't go out and start working on their house and riskt he fact that there might be more players online tomorrow. This is hard when you just started the server but there are ways, ask friends to help you with the server, you might have 2-4 friends that can help you build etc and the server is not empty.
02/27/2017 11:05 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Dante202You need to make your server unique

About as useful as saying "you need to do something" without saying what or how...

CaptainEvstikeNo, it was implying "Stay and you are allowed to apply" "If you apply and you haven't been online for at least an hour, you can't be staff".

That is the literal interpretation. What happens in reality is that people get the impression that they can get staff, so they will stay - because of the chance to get staff.

Talking about getting staff at all creates the impression. Too many people are accustomed to cheap staff ranks that it becomes a primary motivation unless you say specifically that it isn't a focus.
02/26/2017 11:50 am
LilChmichael
Need A good Java DEV anyone up for it?
02/26/2017 11:52 am
CaptainEvstike
I can code java, but I'm not good at it
02/26/2017 10:27 am
CaptainEvstike
[quote="LilChmichael]
LilChmichael
lilybooAnd if you recruit people for staff (Make them apply) More people will possibly join. also say you only make people staff if they have been on for 1 hour or +

Im sorry but thats just throwing staff ranks away so they stay on the server that should be on how to get an even worse server fourms. =D

No, it was implying "Stay and you are allowed to apply" "If you apply and you haven't been online for at least an hour, you can't be staff".
02/26/2017 9:47 am
CaptainEvstike
LilChmichael
Dante202
LilChmichaelI've started a minecraft server [Factions] its been fully developed and everything is working with no bugs and its been up for a month now and i can't seen to get people to join and stay I don't know why and and worrying if the investment i made will just go to waste. Anyone with any advice or comment i really need help nothing is working I've tried everything the server is on over 12 Minecraft advertisement websites and has a youtube trailer and still nothing.... So Please if anyone can help please just comment

IP: AntrixNation.g-s.nu

You need to make your server unique

In what way?

You could add a little piece of story so people will have a motive to play for. Like maybe bosses have escaped and you have to fight them. Or magical powers have been unleashed and you can collect enchantments and special items. But for that, give the players a little area where they can play and witness the story. Make it a bit cinematic.
02/26/2017 9:12 am
LilChmichael
Dante202
LilChmichaelI've started a minecraft server [Factions] its been fully developed and everything is working with no bugs and its been up for a month now and i can't seen to get people to join and stay I don't know why and and worrying if the investment i made will just go to waste. Anyone with any advice or comment i really need help nothing is working I've tried everything the server is on over 12 Minecraft advertisement websites and has a youtube trailer and still nothing.... So Please if anyone can help please just comment

In what way?
02/26/2017 6:45 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Dante202

02/25/2017 8:24 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
lilyboo
And if you recruit people for staff (Make them apply) More people will possibly join. also say you only make people staff if they have been on for 1 hour or +
02/26/2017 6:39 am
LilChmichael
Im sorry but thats just throwing staff ranks away so they stay on the server that should be on how to get an even worse server fourms. =D
02/26/2017 9:48 am
CaptainEvstike
It's not throwing ranks away, it's getting them to stay on the server before they get staff. The still have to apply.
02/26/2017 10:18 am
LilChmichael
But what your implying is stay and ill give you staff
02/25/2017 8:15 am
LilChmichael
Nitwick
Jamzs3I would say most servers depend on the location.
Most servers I've played have most USA players. (It depends as I said)

Conveniently placed "depends" disclaimer aside, I don't know how it really has relevance at all unless you're hosting from Australia or Asia and are unable to get on at times good for the peak of East US/EU player activity, which I've seen a lot of the more dedicated owners from those regions do when they are actually invested in the server.

For all i know is that location does not matter it matters about the ping more
02/24/2017 9:36 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Jamzs3I would say most servers depend on the location.
Most servers I've played have most USA players. (It depends as I said)

Conveniently placed "depends" disclaimer aside, I don't know how it really has relevance at all unless you're hosting from Australia or Asia and are unable to get on at times good for the peak of East US/EU player activity, which I've seen a lot of the more dedicated owners from those regions do when they are actually invested in the server.
02/23/2017 8:54 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc792389
[deleted]
02/24/2017 8:13 am
LilChmichael
Thanks We've thought of a new idea never done before hopefully it will work.
02/23/2017 8:58 pm
Level 44 : Master Crafter
SensorialGlint6
Unless its home hosted. Server location doesnt make much difference. USA players can connect to EU located and so on.
02/23/2017 9:03 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc792389
[deleted]
02/23/2017 8:08 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Taco
TastyLemonade
I'm probably not a very experienced owner, but I understand some business and marketing tactics.

Judging by SensorialGlint6's observation, your server isn't very different from other faction servers. You need to make your server unique and player friendly. If all you have to offer from factions, try to realize that nobody is going to pick your server out of every other faction server. There are tons of developed, experienced, and well known faction servers. To be a new and pure faction server it'll be extremely difficult to bring in players. Try to acknowledge that even though your server is bug free, it'll get boring with a weird faction plugin.

I also suggest that to not waste your money, start off with a small server.

To make players excited or interested, offer more things or add in an incentive. If your server is medieval themed, I suggest getting something like quests or kingdoms. On my server (still in development) we're offering $500 (in-game money) for free as an incentive to play, and they can do whatever they want with it, as well as lotteries, custom suffixes, and more.

Good luck with your server.
02/23/2017 8:40 pm
LilChmichael
Msg me your server ip
02/23/2017 7:50 pm
CaptainEvstike
The owner is asking for help, but is not willing to do anything that people suggest.
02/23/2017 7:42 pm
Level 44 : Master Crafter
SensorialGlint6
There are several problem with the server. Firstly its a basic pure faction that has raiding option disabled and discouraged by rules. One of the points of pure faction is to have ability to raise to power and steal and defend your loot.

That is also your second problem. Pure faction servers are too common, and you don't have anything unique about it to make you stand out from 100,000,000,000 other similar servers (no, custom map does not make a server unique).

Also this happened on the server. With out having to leave the server, the map lagged out and no any lagg clear and not much space to clear unusable chunks and load new ones.

I would also advise getting a protocol hack plugin (viaversion) so that people with 1.11 can join your server and increase the % chance of players discovering you.

Another thing you should do is add some additional options to the faction so it will not be pure. Pvpve arena events for example? or towny with rp and faction elements?

As to advertising, there are only couple sites you need to be worry about and be really active on. PMC, MCForums and mc-market. Dont bother with voting sites, as they do not help. You should make forum posts in all places suitable on those sites; let it be plain server ad or recruitment post. Try to keep those threads active as much as possible. Also make server submission on pmc and mcforum.

If you would like more help, and it happens that I have some time free. I would be willing to help you out get your server on the feet. So just pm me with any question you might have.
02/23/2017 8:39 pm
LilChmichael
I will try and fully implement your ideas into the server thanks for you input
02/23/2017 7:18 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
HardcoreMinecraftHub
when did you first open and how many adv daily players
02/23/2017 7:34 pm
LilChmichael
Opened a month ago and av players.0