Oort Online

Darkness0rising's Avatar Darkness0rising7/31/14 10:10 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 23
8/1/2014 4:36 pm
Darkness0rising's Avatar Darkness0rising
Hello I am darkness0rising and I have played minecraft since 1.3 I recently have gotten bored of MC though and moved on to other games on other systems. I had a ps3 since it came out and when ps4 was released I immediately got that. I have PS4 I play Call of Duty Ghosts, Infamous Second Son, Thief, and Destiny Beta, out of all the games Destiny was by far the best and I already preordered the actually game but I came across a game for PC called Oort Online. When I first saw the graphics I was like it looks like a non pixelized version of Minecraft but as I read into it more and more its much more in depth and complex than minecraft. This is much better than regular minecraft in my opinion as MC is getting rather bored and predictable. Also Mojang changing its rules isn't helping the community at all either. So my Question is to everyone at planetminecraft.com is this, Is Oort Online a fancier and more complex version of minecraft? Will you be getting it when it comes out? Do you think it looks good? Please let me know as im thinking about preordering it.

LINK TO Oort Online
http://oortonline.com/#
Darkness0rising
Level 7 : Apprentice Zombie

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/01/2014 4:36 pm
Darkness0rising
True just like Call of duty is the same thing over and over which is why I find destiny more fun than COD.
08/01/2014 4:27 pm
Darkness0rising
Redstone never interested me. Still doesnt really.
08/01/2014 4:33 pm
Level 29 : Expert Dragonborn
Marissa_Frost
Hmm, I see. Well looks like you favor Oort more then MC. Which is fine. Like my dad says,the game is as fun as you make it.
08/01/2014 3:49 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
I will not say if the game will do good or bad, but it simply is another block game. Their success will depend on how well they manage the game development, and feature implementation.

I find that most successful games now days allow modding, and some have their own modding api.
08/01/2014 3:47 pm
Darkness0rising
I own a prison server and I don't like it anymore I have made minigame maps and they took way to long and were to boring for me. I am not able to code mods yet and I don't like skinning.
08/01/2014 4:25 pm
Marissa_Frost
Ever try redstone?
08/01/2014 3:20 pm
Darkness0rising
Ah that sucks man, I play with an i7 so I don't really have an issue with that.
08/01/2014 12:10 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Mage
Pigster7000
It does seem quite interesting. However, I need at least Intel i5 to play, and I don't exactly have a great PC. :/
08/01/2014 11:26 am
Darkness0rising
I play factions I play Prison I play minigames and I play skyblock/skywars. Im not doing the same thing over and over again and yah I posted it on a MC fansite because it is similar to mc so I figured maybe others would be interested in it.
08/01/2014 3:41 pm
Marissa_Frost
Exactly, theres options beyond factions, prison, and mini games. There is stuff beyond the servers. Maybe try being the person making the mods, skins, and maps. Create a new concept.
Well, yes some people may like it, some wont. So I was thinking from that point of view.

08/01/2014 9:53 am
Darkness0rising
lol Oort will not fail. I don't know if you have seen it but they already have over 1500 Backers, and it has only been out for about 2 days. So in a month they will have over 10k backers. If you think its going to fail then don't play it. I think it will do good and I think its the way to go because minecraft is the same thing over and over and over again.
08/01/2014 10:03 am
Marissa_Frost
This was a not wise move to post this on a MINECRAFT WEBSITE!!!
You will feel the wrath of our mighty threshold!

I mean really, WHO DOSE THAT? You post a thread about how minecraft will fail and is getting old, on a minecraft fansite. *facepalm*

Anyways, an awnser to that question. Minecraft technicaly never can get old. Its sandbox. WHATEVER you want to do, can be done with dedication and effort. So, how can a sandbox game become the same thing over and over agian? I think the only reason you are getting bored is because you keep doing the same thing over, and over, and over agian. Do other minecraft things, there is plenty to do. Experiment, and if you wish, we can debt on Oort and Minecraft.

08/01/2014 10:00 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Batman
Tabbin
If it has 1500 'brackers' in 2 days, that dosent mean it will keep that momentum. Think of Landmark, that got like 5000 players in the first day then it went down hill.
08/01/2014 8:39 am
Darkness0rising
I highly doubt it will be removed and so what if Mojang is mad. Its not a ripoff if the game is better than the original then its just an improvement. It has massive online server and there is a GLOBAL economy not just a server economy like in minecraft. I honestly see this game going farther than minecraft ever will.
08/01/2014 9:22 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Nouveau Network
Oort is going to fail badly. And thats not how improvements and companies work exactly.
08/01/2014 6:14 am
Level 43 : Master Artist
llNORDICll
There's one problem with this game that not many have realised yet. But Oort Online is a complete rip-off of Minecraft. When Mojang heard about this game they didn't become happy at all. So expect this game to get removed from the web in the nearest future.
07/31/2014 11:37 pm
Darkness0rising
I have looked into Trove and to me the graphics are rather lacking in detail and shaders, some of the game-play is choppy and overall isn't very appealing to me as is Oort Online.
07/31/2014 11:27 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect
awesomecheeseman
It might seem cool and all, but its not very original.. It takes basic MMORPG elements and sticks it with Minecraft and it just seems like a lot of games are already doing this, like Trove.
07/31/2014 10:29 pm
Darkness0rising
I will be more or likely getting the game before it comes out as one of the supporters. I have no issues dropping some money on a game however I will not be getting the $5,000 rank as that is way out of my price range. I am thinking the Wayfarer. Yes I know I will get hate from little kids about how minecraft is the best but I don't really care. Im 17 years old and a 10 year old opinions do not mean anything to me. I see games for the complexity of them and the graphics and story telling. Minecraft has no stories the graphics are literally pixels and the complexity of it is so simple its boring to me.
07/31/2014 10:17 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
ChaosExpert
Looks interesting I suppose. Too bad it wont be released until late-2015.
07/31/2014 10:15 pm
Level 20 : Expert Prince
Lynnno
it seems like a good game but it is in the process of funding. the characters on the front page are really badly photo-shopped in and I do't take it as a trusted campaign. It other than that seems like a really good game relating to the trailer and it has a extremely used concept that many people would like. Now since its a new game I am expecting to see more. But yeah that is my opinion.
07/31/2014 10:15 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Noooob
looks cool, but you're gonna get a lot of hate for saying that a game is better than minecraft on a minecraft forum, lol
07/31/2014 10:13 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Network
Redified
Same I have been getting bored with MC and I have been playing other games. My PC sucks so until I get a gaming desktop I am staying away from any FPS for the PC. I watched the trailer and it seems awesome!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome