Optifine

mrfreezer4's Avatar mrfreezer45/2/16 10:40 am
1 emeralds 464 6
5/3/2016 6:14 pm
mrfreezer4's Avatar mrfreezer4
Hello, whenever i try to install optifine, java isnt in the open with options, i have tried reinstalling java, trying different versions, and searching the internet for solutions, any help is appreciated.
mrfreezer4
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/02/2016 2:49 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
If you run vanilla perfectly fine, it's probably not Java. Just try to redownload Optifine. Also, what site did you download it from? Remember to always download from the OFFICIAL website!
05/02/2016 3:06 pm
mrfreezer4
Yep, downloaded from the right website, but, when i go and click "Open With" there isnt anything involving java, which is the way ive seen it done. When i do download optifine, the file takes on the 7-Zip icon. I think that is my fault, i may have accidentally clicked 7-zip as the default program when dealing with.jar files, but that shouldnt affect The "Java Platform SE Binary" option from not showing up :/
05/03/2016 1:59 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
Go into the cmd and type java. If nothing happens there's something wrong with your Java. Try to reinstall it then, else try to reinstall Optifine
05/03/2016 6:14 pm
mrfreezer4
I found out a way to do it, thanks for helping though
05/02/2016 12:37 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pig
Dark_Alpha_
Did you download the installer or have you downloaded one of the other options? This is importend since it's probably not the fault of Java.

you could also try deleting your minecraft folder (save the save folder if you want to keep your worlds) and then reinstalling minecraft and the trying to instal optifine.
05/02/2016 1:02 pm
mrfreezer4
Like, a java installer? or what, not very educated with anything having to do with java
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome