Organic Looking Automatic Builds?

avrona's Avatar avrona3/16/17 2:51 am
1 emeralds 357 4
3/16/2017 6:01 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
So a play on a private survival a server with a few of my friends. Our town is doing really well. But one thing I now want to add to it is some of the automated contraptions. However I've never built things like auto machines and XP farms, because they all look to inorganic for a survival world. What I mean by that is that they look like some strange contraption which doesn't look like it belongs. More like it just relies on some weird rule of Minecraft. Especially since my town is in a medieval-esk style. So does anyone here know how to build these things and most importantly how to make them look natural?
avrona
Level 40 : Master Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/16/2017 5:44 pm
avrona
Anyone knows any actual automatic builds I could build in this style? Like I said, never built any of them.
03/16/2017 6:01 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Dark Room Mob Farms are a good example here. I build medeival most of the time and these farms can be built entirely concealed, with the exception of the room you walk into to kill your weakened mobs.

Find or place a mob spawner, either skeletons or zombies for easy building, then build walls at the edge of the spawer's spawn area. I think its 8x8 or 10x10 or something like that. Put redstone lamps in the center of each wall and wire them up. Water should run from the back of the room to the front to push mobs with a pit at the end with water running to a center hole to push mobs up the water ladder, which alternates between water and signs so they don't drown. The mob spawner should float 2 or so blocks above the water in the center of the room.

The water ladder should be about 23 blocks tall. I forget the exact number of blocks a mob needs to fall to reach half a heart but that's easy to find on the internet. The mobs swim up the top, vet pushed by more water to the drop-off, then drop in a neat pile in your 1x1 killbox where you swipe at their feet so they die. Wire your redstone lamps to a lever inside your room to toggle the spawner on and off. Done.

You can also wire a sicky piston to the block the mobs fall onto and continue the shaft to a lower floor to create a complete automatic farm where you don't have to kill the mobs.
03/16/2017 3:24 pm
avrona
Ok, thanks for the ideas.
03/16/2017 3:20 am
Level 1 : New Miner
SPIRAXE
As far as building the contraptions go, I'm OKish, but I can make them look very fitting in a medieval-style setting. PM me if you want me to join your sever to naturalize some of the builds (and help build them, maybe?). If you'd rather just get advice, mine is...

// Build the contraption and make sure it works first, then build your decoration around the outside

// Make the actual contraption out of appropriate blocks (E.g logs and stone for a medieval setting)

// After decorating the machine, test it to make sure the decor hasn't interfered with any mechanics.

// If you're confident building in a medieval style, just try to make it fit in with the rest of the town. If not, look online for some inspiring medieval-type builds.

- Hop this helps!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome