Original Superheroes and Villains Contest Discussion Thread!

Challenge the community creativity with your own event.

Post Permalink
by +Dark_Comrade+ » 3/29/2012

Here is my villain contest skin:
I did'nt put to much shadow because he's a complete
shadow character.. he also has a long backstory..

I would be glad if you will help it..... :)

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/shadowbreaker \

and please vote for it ... :D
Last edited by +Dark_Comrade+ on 3/29/2012, edited 1 time in total.
Level 13
Journeyman Skinner

Post Permalink
by SuperAdamGalaxy » 3/29/2012

Please vote for my skin if you like it! worked on this for a wile. :)

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/the ... r-contest/
Level 43
Master Artist

Post Permalink
by +Dark_Comrade+ » 3/29/2012

your skin is good SuperAdamGalaxy.
Level 13
Journeyman Skinner

Post Permalink
by Gargoyle123 » 3/30/2012

Hope my Skin gets in the Top 100 :D or at least Gives me a Participant Medal
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/burned-bronze/
I erased what text was here before and now don't know what to write. Uhm... Hi.
Level 20
Expert Goblin
Location: Being bored and sitting on my laptop all night long.
Says: I really need to sign up for some more RP's.
Minecraft: gargoyle123

Post Permalink
by nobbie » 3/30/2012

Probably a noobish question, but just wondering about this text on the contest page:

The contest submission period is over. We are now in a 2 day phase where the community and judges have time to review late entries, browse all entries and diamond their favorites to ultimately determine the finalists for the last judging phase of the contest!

So the number of diamonds by the end of this phase determines if a skin ends up in the top 100? And after that it goes to the actual judges who determine the winner?

Looking at some of the top entries having over 50 diamonds and many really good entries having 10+ diamonds (like Gargoyle123 :D), I can only hope that 9 is enough.
Level 55
Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
Says: Only 5% of all oceans have been explored.

Post Permalink
by Block47 » 3/30/2012

Just want to say good luck to everybody before the contest is officially over. :)
Level 7
Apprentice Archer

Post Permalink
by Erik10 » 3/30/2012

To all the people who didn't read the rules and made skins that weren't original, you're all stupid. And then when i was looking through the submissions, most of the good ones i saw had no backstory. You should check mine out, epic backstory and pretty good skin. Hope i win, as I'm new! Or, at least get in top 100.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/rayth/
Level 2
Apprentice Crafter
Says: Awesome.

Post Permalink
by Happybandaid » 3/31/2012

nobbie wrote:Probably a noobish question, but just wondering about this text on the contest page:

The contest submission period is over. We are now in a 2 day phase where the community and judges have time to review late entries, browse all entries and diamond their favorites to ultimately determine the finalists for the last judging phase of the contest!

So the number of diamonds by the end of this phase determines if a skin ends up in the top 100? And after that it goes to the actual judges who determine the winner?

Looking at some of the top entries having over 50 diamonds and many really good entries having 10+ diamonds (like Gargoyle123 :D), I can only hope that 9 is enough.

The Judges have keen eyes, and our diamonds count for much more than any normal diamond. This is called a Judgevote. :]

So worry not, a better skin with a couple Judgevotes but not many diamonds can easily beat out a mediocre one with a lot of regular community diamonds.

Generally, only a couple skins that haven't been voted on by Judges get into the top 100, on their own community diamond power alone. Comments and downloads also slightly factor into this.

Also, there is no way to tell if a Judge has given a diamond to a contest skin or not, but usually they comment if they really like a skin (although this does not necessarily mean they voted for it, in some cases!).
Adhere to me!

"Grammar - putting an order to the chaos of existence!"
- My Spanish teacher

Big thanks to the Jackaroony for the sig!
Level 40
Master Scribe
Says: He's a snappy bandaid!
Minecraft: Happybandaid

Post Permalink
by Knightspartan09 » 3/31/2012

Level 1
New Dragonborn
Says: If you're reading this you owe me a cookie.

Post Permalink
by nobbie » 3/31/2012

Happybandaid wrote:The Judges have keen eyes, and our diamonds count for much more than any normal diamond. This is called a Judgevote. :]

So worry not, a better skin with a couple Judgevotes but not many diamonds can easily beat out a mediocre one with a lot of regular community diamonds.

Generally, only a couple skins that haven't been voted on by Judges get into the top 100, on their own community diamond power alone. Comments and downloads also slightly factor into this.

Also, there is no way to tell if a Judge has given a diamond to a contest skin or not, but usually they comment if they really like a skin (although this does not necessarily mean they voted for it, in some cases!).

Ooh, a little bit of inside information on how the site works! Nice :D

But really, it's awesome to know that we have active judges who are able to plow through and cast votes on the 2000+ skins in the two weeks of phase one and not just come into play in the second phase :)
Level 55
Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
Says: Only 5% of all oceans have been explored.

Post Permalink
by shankardom » 3/31/2012

Hi Guys I would Love for one of my skins to get 100 diamonds can you please check it out and give us a diamond
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/300 ... minecraft/
please i need to rise like the eagle :D :D

thanks
Level 17
Journeyman Taco

Post Permalink
by Happybandaid » 3/31/2012

nobbie wrote:
Happybandaid wrote:The Judges have keen eyes, and our diamonds count for much more than any normal diamond. This is called a Judgevote. :]

Ooh, a little bit of inside information on how the site works! Nice :D

But really, it's awesome to know that we have active judges who are able to plow through and cast votes on the 2000+ skins in the two weeks of phase one and not just come into play in the second phase :)

Well, I for one have done that. XD Just about every day I check all the new skins that have been uploaded since I last checked. It's an ongoing process as the contest goes so I only have to examine a few pages of skins at a time. Afterward, during the reviewing phase, I go back through a little less carefully to see if there's anything I missed. There sure is a lot to go through! I know the rest of the judges do the best they can as well. :]
Adhere to me!

"Grammar - putting an order to the chaos of existence!"
- My Spanish teacher

Big thanks to the Jackaroony for the sig!
Level 40
Master Scribe
Says: He's a snappy bandaid!
Minecraft: Happybandaid

PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges