PBL - Season 21 - Week 1 Underway!

BIO's Avatar BIO12/7/13 10:29 am history
56 emeralds 182.9k 3.8k
11/24/2018 12:47 pm
lyliaa's Avatar lyliaa

The Palette Battle League is a skin battle league where 30-something members face off in a tournament-style competition of skin battles using preset 12 color palettes until a winner is chosen. From start to finish, each season takes around 6 weeks, if everything goes smoothly.

PBL was previously headed up by Hawkstormer [janidorr], but he has since taken leave and left it in the loving embrace of Ludicrous and Knight PureNerd BIO. We honor him with our competitive spirit.

How to join PBL - How are battles run? - Beginners start here
If you want to join PBL you must create a skin using the palette which is posted during signups. Your skin will be considered your entry and the bracket will be made based on the number of completed skins.

PBL battles are run on a semi-weekly basis. A palette is assigned one day of the week and skins are due one week later. The specific days fluctuate due to the limited availability of some competitors.

Once both competitors have finished their skins one or the other must set up a poll on the forum with links to their respective skins. Here other members vote for a winner, one or the other competitor needs to PM me a link to said poll. Polls should only be open for 2 days after the skin deadline.

Rules & Regulations
1. If a competitor knows they will not be able to complete the skin for an upcoming battle (due to vacation/not enough time/schoolwork/etc.), they should notify myself or another league official at least 72 hours before the first day of the next battle.

2. Competitors who do not create a skin during the battle week without notifying a league official beforehand will be disqualified, and his/her opponent will move up to the next round automatically, granted they make a skin.

3. If 1 or more competitors drop the bracket will likely be shaken up and occasionally there may be battles with 3 skins or other abnormalities. Stuff happens man
4. All skins created must comply with all the Site Rules, including the Submission Guidelines.

5. To qualify for PBL, you must have at least 2 skins completed. That is all.

6. If you and your opponent have clearly communicated and agreed you may 1. Choose to use your own color palette instead of those provide, though I ask that you avoid this if at all possible. 2. Update your skins after the poll has been posted. You may not use either of these options unless your opponent has agreed explicitly.

Current Bracket

I recommend opening the picture in another tab so you can zoom in and read all the names. Be aware of nicknames I might've had to use for longer names.

Running Polls
TBA

Current Palette

A copy will be added on a skin and a .gmp soon. It's late I'm tired from moving

TBA for a .gmp file which is a palette than can be imported into the new PMCSkin3D editor.

Rewards

1. You are put on the Hall of Fame in this thread.
2. Bragging Rights.
3. This is not the complete list, others are welcome to chip in rewards (possibly Steam games? *hint hint* *nudge nudge*)

Hall of Fame
PureNerd (Season 1)
basicbrick(Season 2)
Knight (Season 3)
Knight (Season 4)
Insanity (Season 6)
Kefka (Season 7)
ItsPyro (Season 8)
SharkBoi (Season 9)
DragonsDungeon (Season 11)
Brain_Juice (Season 12)
BIO (Season 14)
Fred (Season 16)
BIO (Season 18 (19?))
ICY and Woo (Season 20)

-Grand Champions-
PureNerd (Season 10)

Collection of Hall Of Fame Skins

Past Season Entries

Important Changes - README.txt
A few things are going to change around here.

1. You can no longer enter PBL without first creating a skin. The palette for the first week will be posted during signups. Your skin is considered your entry, the bracket will be made with those members who complete skins during signups.

2. Not every palette will be 12 colors anymore. The number of colors will likely fluctuate to allow for a broader range of styles to be viable in the competition.

BIO
Retired Moderator
Level 50 : Grandmaster Magical Girl

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/24/2018 12:47 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Procrastinator
lyliaa
What week are you on now?
10/06/2018 4:47 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Woo-
When are you going to start back up again?
10/08/2018 4:06 pm
BIO
idk I may try to jam the people that did make skins together as a makeshift final round and then restart after that finished
09/27/2018 10:51 am
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
Which "week" is PBL currently at?
08/31/2018 9:23 pm
Level 40 : Master Chef
thgil
Whens the GMP. file coming?
08/29/2018 8:53 pm
Level 75 : Legendary uwu
Daiosity
Here he is ready to smash : THE HULK
08/29/2018 10:38 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess
Havingfun_ISKEY
Thanks for your kind words about my skins! :) Also thanks for reminding me PBL is still a thing and I have to submit my skin ASAP; can’t do it tomorrow most likely because I’ll be busy but hopefully the day after that!
08/31/2018 8:24 am
Daiosity
Your a really talented skinner so its my great pleasure to say a couple of kind words. <3
08/25/2018 3:34 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Lad
Thezi
08/19/2018 12:15 am
BIO
Hiya Kids, and welcome back after another wonky hiatus thingy. I've bee busy moving, but now I'm busy getting pbl back in action.

This weeks palette comes courtesy of ICY :biolikesthis:

Pairs who did not make polls have been dropped from the contest and Kite Guy will advance to battle Bureine.

This may result in this season being one week shorter (like last season).
08/21/2018 10:03 pm
thgil
Sneato!
08/19/2018 9:56 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Loremaster
Spectral
Spicy palette
08/19/2018 7:52 amhistory
Havingfun_ISKEY
Gorgeous palette! Congrats on moving! And good luck to my opponent Sasuke :)
08/19/2018 9:15 amhistory
Daiosity
Good luck to you too ! :D
08/13/2018 6:24 pm
Daiosity

Close competition to both me and Len-kun , however I managed to survive with 1 vote. Thanks to Len-kun and Moridis was great round and lots of fun!

08/15/2018 7:58 pm
Level 43 : Master Necromancer
FromMatilda
I'll have to try again next time then!
08/12/2018 11:38 pmhistory
Level 55 : Grandmaster Programmer
Wildcard_Gamer
I'm seeing a trend of everyone voting for whoever posts the poll, may just be a coincidence tho

just checked all the polls and only 2 people who posted a poll lost, although one was very close to a win. This is a CONSPRACY
08/13/2018 11:36 pm
Wildcard_Gamer
funnily enough when i first noticed all the polls were'nt made by bio a thought about if ppl would vote for the poster because the other person was prob lazy (just a funny randoom thing i remembered thinking)
08/11/2018 3:20 pm
Daiosity
08/11/2018 1:39 pmhistory
Wildcard_Gamer

YOU GUYS HAVE BETRAYED ME! BETRAYYYYYED... alexa play despacito
08/09/2018 9:46 am
Level 43 : Master Necromancer
FromMatilda
OOF, I can tell I've already lost lmao
08/17/2018 5:24 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Princess
vewl
i'm not sure why the thread is gone, but the results are that bureine won the poll! :-) congrats
08/08/2018 8:17 pm
Wildcard_Gamer
If I get lucky enough to survive round one, I can use the better shading skills I've learned to make a better skin for week 2, but even if I make it round 3 there are multiple good people I can go up against... not to mention week 4, but week 1 will be the hardest to survive, because the skin isn't that good, just gotta hope for the best!
08/08/2018 4:34 pm
Wildcard_Gamer
To all the people who submitted in the past week,
Alexa play Despacito
08/08/2018 3:33 pm
BIO
Hiya kids, after a long delay because time management is not my thing, we are ready to start.

Here is the bracket:

A couple important things:
1. The 3 way battle between Len-Kun, SasukeMC, and Moridis comes as a result of Pyro's early forfeit
2. All polls must be created before 08/13/18
3. All polls must only run for 2 days, final count will occur once all polls have closed (08/16/18 at the latest)

Good luck to all 25 competitors! See you in round 2
08/08/2018 4:51 pm
Wildcard_Gamer
what program did you use for this?
08/08/2018 5:03 pm
BIO
I generated it using some stuff I wrote in Processing
08/05/2018 7:49 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
ephemeralstyle
oooo... i might have to make an entry fast then 😂
08/05/2018 11:29 pm
BIO
Aaaa I'm sorry to disappoint. I had meant to change the thread title yesterday to closed. I'm cutting off entries at 28. There is always next season though!
08/02/2018 8:27 pm
Level 44 : Master Princess
Jewelry
08/02/2018 5:32 pm
Wildcard_Gamer
it seems we arent getting any new participants in... 4 days, we have around 28, when do you think we'll start
08/01/2018 1:55 pm
Daiosity
It teh wild Gokuh

I KNOW---
Yeah , yeah okay I know I already posted a skin but I went a little wild with the palette and I think this one is better so... yeah :D
07/29/2018 1:35 pm
thgil
07/29/2018 2:54 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Cowboy
Indraft
07/28/2018 10:53 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Nerd
Noobator
07/28/2018 5:51 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Lad
Thezi
07/28/2018 3:16 pm
Havingfun_ISKEY
07/28/2018 1:31 pm
Level 40 : Master Pixel Puncher
Knap
07/27/2018 8:36 pm
Havingfun_ISKEY
http://imgur.com/a/kvJ9Klr

*ahem* R
IGHT!

Okay, so for those of you who don’t know why I have put my skin in an imgur post instead of on PMC...I recently lost my internet connection in my house and I’m only still here because, well, I have unlimited data on my phone. That being said, I have zero ways of connecting to the internet on my computer still, which is where I make all of my skins. I managed to figure out how to transfer files from my computer onto my phone, but somehow the skin file converted into a .jpeg during the transfer or something and it won’t let me post the skin on PMC. So this is the best solution I have until Monday. If signups close after Monday, I can actually post the skin, but if not, then this will have to do. (Or campestral has agreed to convert the image and post it to her account if that’s a better solution.)
07/27/2018 8:25 pm
Wildcard_Gamer
AHHHH THERE ALL GOO I DONT STAND A CHANCE
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome