Pay for staff ranks?

Neptune_Sage's Avatar Neptune_Sage3/3/15 4:35 pm
3/4/2015 4:07 pm
Neptune_Sage's Avatar Neptune_Sage
So I was thinking about this and tought, would this be good? Why good you ask? Well if a person who gets promoted to a lets say "Admin" and pays for server with owners each month pays it they would think twice before doing something stupid. Now I would like to ask you, the user(player for server), what do you think about this, would this be good or bad? If good, why, if bad also why? Thanks for any replys!
Neptune_Sage
Level 17 : Journeyman Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/04/2015 3:27 pm
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
So you should pay to work on a server? Professional staff don't pay, or if it's possible they want to get paid. Nobody who isn't a troll or is intelligent enough to realize it, pays to work for a server.
03/04/2015 4:07 pm
Neptune_Sage
No I didnt want it so you get it that way, I ment like for only admins (who would get lets say OP, as one of our admins has and other ranks stay normal staff ranks unless player wants to be from super help (or super disaster) to the server) to pay because as we want them to think twice before doing something stupid, and no money isnt something like 50$ or anything big, indeed it its from 1-5$ big so I think every one that wants to help server could pay around that amount of money (server costs around 15$). And also we are not power/money hungry owners, we pay server as mentioned 15$ and each of us gives 5$ (one being admin with OP that is kinda crazy(?), since day he joined he achived over 70h playing while me the owner barly got around 24h) and we really do trust him that he can do what here is there to do and he doesnt have anything agains paying a little fee, I guess he understands it!
03/04/2015 12:52 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Hommie-
No. People shouldn't have to pay to volunteer their time helping servers out.
I believe that server that make staff pay for their ranks are just self centered.
03/04/2015 12:23 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
Thrush
No.
I've been on a server like that once before. I made sure to stay off of it, because it was out of control, the owner had no authority over the Admins, and I didn't want to pay so I was made fun of and kicked by the immature Admins on there.
Don't make that your server, it'll be a mess and a half...
03/04/2015 11:56 am
Level 29 : Expert Taco
-Stuffy-
No because these people could do ANYTHING so they could ban you and take over the server.
03/04/2015 11:45 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
OfficiallBlox
No. The majority of people who donate large amounts are usually kids with no experience in staffing.
03/04/2015 10:03 am
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Puncher
Hunajameloni
No. IMO you should always be the one to decide who you want to be in your staff team. And best way to do that is to hold applications. If you want money tho, you can make it so only Donators can apply.
03/04/2015 9:52 am
Level 27 : Expert Blacksmith
StingRay_FTW
I know a server where you CAN pay for staff ranks. There was a mod that payed for mod that bought spawn with economy money. AND he used world edit without permission. AND he was rather mean towards players. He got banned from the server after that . So I have to say no for that reason, and just trust reasons.

Edit:Why not just have kits? You get money to help the server run and no admins that build dirt houses or griefers. Staff ranks should be given if the person can be trusted.
03/04/2015 5:03 am
Neptune_Sage
Well thank you all for nice replys insted of some rude ones! I will think about this more, but I didnt even wanted to implement it, just wanted to see what people think about it!
03/03/2015 6:13 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Prince
sssilver
Staff members really need to be responsible players. Making it so that all you need to do to achieve staff is pay sounds like a very bad idea. You're going to get a whole ton of people who just want the perks and to mess up everyone else's day. I think either staff should ask a player to be staff after a long period of them being a responsible mature player (that's how it is in the server I am admin on), or have the players fill out an application form.
03/03/2015 4:46 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
This opens all kinds of bad doors. This locks out otherwise good potential staff that might not have the money to help cover server costs and narrows the already narrow staff pool. With a narrower pool of potential applicants, it's more likely that a server will have to settle for an applicant that may not have all the necessary skills to properly moderate the server or have personality traits that negatively affect their ability to moderate effectively. I think it's great if a staff member helps financially support the server, but it should definitely be their decision to do so and not affect whether they remain staff or not.

Not to mention that being forced to pay for a portion of the server to keep your staff rank violates the EULA, since many staff commands are not cosmetic.
03/03/2015 4:43 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Because as we know, people will pay for the ability to mess up somebody's day. Willingly. Without remorse.

Also money is not proportional to their skill.
03/03/2015 5:26 pm
Neptune_Sage
But I dont mean like they only pay, they pay with server owners ONLY and ONLY when they first get accepted and than pass few tests to show that they have what it takes for that position they want. Usally that position is admin rank.
03/03/2015 4:52 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
LordAldrich
Yes pretty much what Paril said!
03/03/2015 4:50 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
+PixelPirate+
Paril? You still exist? But yeah, I agree.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome