Planet Minecraft the Game

yoda473's Avatar yoda4735/4/16 6:12 am
1 emeralds 9.5k 203
2/6/2017 4:29 pm
Miss Shadowz's Avatar Miss Shadowz
Title says it all. Planet Minecraft the Game is an idea I had at the start of this year. Basically, it's a game based on Planet Minecraft. The player character is a member of PMC, the level location is a real part of PMC, and the enemies are enemies of PMC itself: hate threads, hackers, spammers, etc. If you're reading this, and you know you're an active member here, you're probably going to be in it. If you're not mentioned here, then I've probably forgotten about you, in which case you should remind me below. Note that I haven't actually started on it, because this must finish first.
The game mechanics, in terms of levels
The GUI for selecting levels (quests? missions?) will be a blown-up PMC logo that rotates as you switch between The Site, The Forums, Chat and Your Profile (a player selection screen rather than a level collection). Within each, there will be a number of levels set in locations such as the Desolate Building Room, the Palace of the Palette Battle League, and the Ruins of Fort Teenskin. The camera will be at a 45-degree angle to the ground, so only the back wall and floor will be visible. Completing a level will earn you experience, which is actually the currency (confusing, but the theme must be consistent). The story for the levels will be based partly on real events, for example contests and weird chat sessions.
The game mechanics, in terms of players
I plan for PMCtG to be singleplayer. Rather than playing as one regular character, though, you may select a player character from the Your Profile menu (explained above). These player characters will each represent a different member of Planet Minecraft. Now, before you go ahead and reply, "can i plz be in teh gaim", read the "Your requests" section near the bottom of this post. Each player will have their own unique sprite and skill. Yoda473 (me!), for example, might look like this and have a skill called Force Push that pushes all the enemies in front of me away. You would begin by picking one character out of three shown characters, and you would have to obtain more through other means (just like Pokemon). What those other means will exactly be I haven't yet decided, but I'm considering the ability to purchase them from shops around the level menus and having some particular ones available as a reward for completing a level or achievement.
The game mechanics, in terms of enemies
The enemies will represent actual enemies of PMC (real or fictional) and appear in appropriate level locations, but each will have a much more generic appearance. "Actual enemies of PMC?" I hear you wonder aloud. By that, I mean the hackers, the spammers, the server advertisers, the haters... but I also mean things that aren't people: hate threads, stolen submissions, advertising bots in chat...
They will have varying attack and health values, depending on what kind of enemy they are. The stronger enemies will appear in fewer numbers, and the weaker enemies will appear at about a half-dozen at a time (excluding the earlier levels, where they will be at one-three at a time so the player can get comfortable with the controls). Unlike player characters, they will not have skills.
The game mechanics, in terms of enemies, in terms of bosses
Remember when I said the enemies would have generic appearances and no skill? Well, those rules don't apply to bosses. They will represent much more powerful (and mostly fictional) enemies of PMC, like the Relish Lady, Yoda437, and the Power-Abusive Moderator. They won't appear in every level, but when they do, they'll be at the end of the level, and usually alone. The area they appear in will be beneficial to their skill.
Those who will appear!
Alright, I have now had the time to type up the list of all of the members that will make an appearance!
500PoundsOfNothing
ABigFatTomato
Agent003
akashi
amazodog161
AnimeFanFTW
AquilaeVolanti
Auradyme
Avalanche_Ali
Azie
BestAnarchy
candlevera
Chellizard
Chips
Chron
CraftyFoxe
Cyprezz (will be in the first release)
disco_ (will be in the first release)
Dollars
Drzzter
elijahfrog10
Eliya
Ellie
EmeraldEclipse
EnderDurant
Epyc_Pineapple
Estuary
Fazbear Incorporated
Fox
Foxy
Furry
Giraffestock
GrayRemnant
Havingfun_ISKEY
HippyKat
Insanity
Insanityy
Its_VoV
Jack
Jackie1st
janidoor
Jaspooky
Jedi
Jordanw5432
Karrthus
Knight
Leia_
lentebriesje
Lola
Loo
Lord_Ralex
Ludicrous
Luis
lynchyinc
Nemesis
Noobator
Nyamaru (did you get a name change?)
Masq
Master G
Mercer
Mgreat
Midnight
MissMarifire
Miss_Jillian
Mursuppa
Oceanus5000
oneeD
OrangePie
Palaeos
Papyrus_
Paril (will be in the first release obviously)
Piano_Creeper
Pines (note: his full name will be "Pines, Guy Who Always Gets Banned in Chat for Talking About How Hard he Can Pee")
planetblox2000
Ren3DM
S_Luke
Sam
ScarletBox
Scuttles
Snowy
Son Gohan
Sphax
that2guy
TheBatPanda
Thezi
Torm
Tuckers
yoda473
Yuki
Zaralith
Zatharel
Zeranny
Zitzabis

Now, I'm sure there's quite a few important members I've missed, so if you notice someone who's really famous isn't on here, don't be afraid to remind me!
Also, you'll notice that I've indicated three members (Cyprezz, disco_ and Paril) to be in the first release. These are probably the three most important, seeing as how Cyprezz and Paril are admins and disco_ is the highest level member.
The first release, by the way, will only be a single level with a simple play/selectcharacter/quit menu and the same skill for each member. This will be nowhere near the size of the final release.
Your Requests
Now, I can imagine a whole flood of members, both worthy and unworthy, requesting to appear in this game. If you do indeed plan to do this, consider the following:
1. Do I know who you are?
2. Are you very active in the PMC community?
3. Are you new to PMC?
4. Is your forum post count high?
5. Is your level high?
6. Are you a chat frequenter?
Not all of those need to have acceptable answers; even if you only meet one of the guidelines, chances are, you'll be accepted. I hate to base this off popularity and fame, but I can only get so many done in a certain amount of time. Besides, if you're a level 1 steve-headed member who's never been on chat and has a completely bare profile page, how am I supposed to convey you into the game?
I am aware that many of those who are denied will reply with hate comments, but look at it from my perspective: there are nearly two million members of PMC right now. There's no way I can implement all of those in my lifetime and still have a successful job and reasonably early retirement.
I can assume there will be a few of you who have a great idea for a level or a particular skill you want for your player character. If so, go right ahead and tell me. Of course, I may not accept those, either...
My Requests
As you can see above (my player sprite example), I am simply no good at graphics design. So if there are any pixel artists out there willing to lend a hand, go right ahead. You don't need to fill out a form or anything, just notify me below and I'll PM the details. If you do help out, you'll appear in the game by default.
To quicken the development, I ask for some content writers and character designers. You know, the fun stuff.
I will also need some music composers eventually, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. If you are a music composer and you want some of your music featured in the game, notify me below and I'll jot your username down somewhere so I can PM you when I need to.
The "team" and helpers
yoda473 (programmer)
Orangepie (abilities)
Knight (sprites)
TheUSWinner (sprites)
Furry (allowing use of their music)
Chron (writer)
Zatharel (writer)
PureNerd (sprites)
Loki (writer/sprites)
-Anubis- (sprites)
Nyamaru (sprites)
A final, and very important, note
No matter what happens, I won't start the programming for this game until this contest is over.
Now, you've finally reached the end of this post, so I can now give you what I know you've been waiting for since you saw this thread in the "Last 20 posts!" section.
yoda473
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/06/2017 4:29 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Artist
Miss Shadowz
locked for necroposting
01/19/2017 7:51 am
Level 20 : Expert Ranger
Agent003
Yoda, its been too long man!

Havent checked the forums in forever. Glad to see you got a game out. Im guessing you are working on making a more permanent version at some point, but I will see if I can try this one out.
09/22/2016 3:59 am
yoda473
I'm having trouble converting the python file into an executable, meaning you'll need the Python interpreter and the Pygame module to run it. If you already have Python on your computer, the game is here, and if you're really desperate for a minute of gameplay and don't know what I'm on about, click here for a tutorial on installing Python and Pygame (ignore the last bit about the example)
09/22/2016 12:38 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
when did this become a thing? lol gosh i need to come back to pmc...
09/21/2016 11:42 pm
Level 43 : Master Engineer
tregt15
Could I possibly be in the game please?
09/21/2016 1:42 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
09/19/2016 7:57 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Surely, you have room for a character with sarcasm as a primary ability.
09/19/2016 9:50 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
I agree!
09/19/2016 4:15 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
Haven't been keeping up with this as much as I should have, so I might as well say something.

Are each of the unlockable chars going to have character-specific attacks? i.e. I would have water powers and a trident attack, Paril would have the infamous Ban Hammer (I'm guessing here), etc.
09/18/2016 8:59 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Anxiety Opossum
I'd like to have a go at entering, if you'd consider it
1. Do I know who you are? Maybe? my name used to be Aeropulse, but I've changed it.
2. Are you very active in the PMC community? Not as much as I used to be, but yes.
3. Are you new to PMC? Heck no. I've got 3+ years under my belt.
4. Is your forum post count high? IDK. I'm too lazy to go look XD
5. Is your level high? Yes.
6. Are you a chat frequenter? Not really. I'm kinda shy, so that explains that.

EDIT: as a few recommendations, how about corrupted profiles as bosses? That way you'd get into combat with some PMC users, and maybe after beating them they become a playable character, or party member?
09/18/2016 8:36 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Fish
CHorse
I wanna be a playable character. Even though I'm very active, not sure if ye know me. If ya do decide to include me in there make my stuff be a bit towards my style. You can ask loki if ya need help. But I do stuff like
'You're intelligence is like a mountain 10,000 times the size of mount everest'
And then I go for something unexpected.
'It's non-existant and frankly impossible.'

I also is a seahorse with a couch-car full of potatter chips.
09/18/2016 8:22 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Mage
dazalius
The game based on the site that is only here because of a game......
09/18/2016 8:27 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
Then there will be a site based on a game based on a site that is based off of a game.
09/18/2016 8:18 pm
Konrad
Tell us when this is going to be done! Theres no way you waited about 2 months for 1 final image!
09/21/2016 3:20 am
yoda473
If you actually don't believe me, I can get someone from the graphics team to confirm it.
I just received the image yesterday, in fact. The demo should be up by tomorrow, possibly in a couple of days.
09/21/2016 11:27 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
Yeah someone else was going to do it, then I ended up doing it but I couldn't until I got my tablet pen back which I was a week ago (I tried with a mouse but that didn't work)
08/28/2016 7:08 pm
Konrad
Did you get that final image yet?
08/17/2016 5:24 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Hunter
Pysisco8
Dang, I thought this was a joke.
08/17/2016 4:48 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
Wait I forget. Is this an RPG game?
08/17/2016 2:21 pm
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Calendar Man
Catslapper Hamster is excited for the demo.
08/16/2016 2:41 pm
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
oo this thing has resurrected from the depths of the nether, ooo and a test version is coming out soon
08/16/2016 10:11 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Well, glad to hear I'm not famous. Fame tends to gank people in its own way...
08/15/2016 1:30 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
CoDoMoBoRoFoPoSoLoKo
It's been a while, any updates?
08/16/2016 4:35 am
yoda473
I've been waiting to release a test version for the past few weeks, and I'm just waiting on one last image.
08/17/2016 4:36 pm
Sardonyx
What image is it?
06/24/2016 3:03 am
Level 48 : Master Nerd
that2guy
Bump
06/12/2016 10:23 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pony
Starlight Glimmer
1. Do I know who you are? "Not really.I may have seen your name a year or so ago, that is it.
2. Are you very active in the PMC community? "Quite. I am online every day,whether it is just the chat or forums.
3. Are you new to PMC? "Hell no. 2 years in October."
4. Is your forum post count high? "I guess kind of moderate.I am not the MOST active forum poster, but I am not inactive."
5. Is your level high? "Kinda, it is almost 40."
6. Are you a chat frequenter?"Yes. I chat very often, whenever i possibly can."
06/09/2016 11:40 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
Sounds like a fun concept to me. While it might be fun to see myself in a video game, if you even consider putting me in with all the requests you're getting, I would rather be stuck as an easter egg character. Just a small one that doesn't take too much time, plus it isn't hard to come up with something with jedi in the name. I may be confused with Jedi if I am anything more. I won't offer any of my writing talents since I see you already got enough people working on this project. But I wish you the best of luck for this game and I hope I see more projects in the future.
06/09/2016 11:01 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Artist
Spa-Geddy
I REQUEST ENTRANCE INTO THIS UNIVERSE.

1. There are some who call me: Spa-Geddy, but my actual name is Geddy.

2.I have not been on in a while, because I have been busy; however, right now I am getting more active

3. I am not new.

4. Haha, my forum post count is not high. I have, like, two posts on there; as far as commenting on posts though, I have commented a lot.

5. I am level 25, so I'm like, one-fourth to a high level.

6. No, I actually forgot about the chat. I'll have to get back on there.

P.S.

I can make pixel art animations for my character, as long as you can compile them into the game yourself, PM me the types of animations needed, and tell me how many 'bits' the characters will be (16-bit, 8-bit, etc.) I'm no programmer.
06/09/2016 5:01 am
yoda473
I've started on the game. Don't worry, I haven't been procrastinating. xD
I'm having trouble contacting the graphics people right now, but I expect there'll be something finished by July.
06/09/2016 7:24 pm
Konrad
What engine are you using?
06/10/2016 3:22 am
yoda473
I have already stated that I'm going to be programming the game in Python and Pygame.
06/11/2016 12:33 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
You should use Unity for the game. It handles 2D game making well.
06/11/2016 1:34 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Flappo
Unity is very limited.
If you want to go all professional you should take C++.
06/13/2016 11:44 am
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
For a game of this scope Unity is a pretty valid option though. Especially if you have to make all the assets yourself on top of the programming.
06/12/2016 10:37 pm
Konrad
Then that will extend the development time by a big margin if OP doesn't know a lot about c++. But unity would be a good starting point for making 2d games is easier than making it from scratch with no engines in my opinion.
06/10/2016 7:29 am
Konrad
I missed that.
05/25/2016 5:16 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
InkSpot
This will be interesting to see play out
05/25/2016 5:11 pm
that2guy
Pepijn
that2guy
that2guyIs this going to be 2.5D (like pokemon)?
Will you be roaming the website's forums and posts?
What will be the enemies?

Could you be able to play this on Linux (or at least windows XP)?
Is this going to be free?

He already answered those questions.

oops, didn't see.
05/18/2016 6:10 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Pepijn
that2guy
that2guyIs this going to be 2.5D (like pokemon)?
Will you be roaming the website's forums and posts?
What will be the enemies?

Could you be able to play this on Linux (or at least windows XP)?
Is this going to be free?

He already answered those questions.
05/18/2016 5:35 am
that2guy
derp.
05/17/2016 10:25 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Engineer
loganmbutler
Outstanding. Sounds pretty cool if you ask me.
05/17/2016 9:43 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
theres a spot saying about dis so im do dis

Click to reveal
1. Do I know who you are? not irl but u know my profile name.... idk if u saw me post somewhere
2. Are you very active in the PMC community? mostly the forums but im making a mod ima post within a year maybe... so imo ye
3. Are you new to PMC? August 17th 2011... so no im not but im still figuring out how to use the site dont judge me pls... if you can code this into the game you should make my character run into walls... lol... also im drawing a picture so ill post it on Drawdering and pm you the page k
4. Is your forum post count high? it should say 512 once posted but as typing its 511
5. Is your level high? 7... eh... so not really high but for me sucking at everything ye... lol?
6. Are you a chat frequenter? you mean pmc chat? not really cause theres not many talking there about stuff i know about but i post alot on the forums... does it counts?

ima play dis once out k cause ima gonna try and find glitches to break the game with pls?
05/17/2016 8:51 pm
Level 49 : Master Baconator
BenDragonsword
Hi Mr. Yoda, I'd like to request a spot in this game. Not that it needs to necessarily be an early spot, but a spot nonetheless.

I'm not going to assume that you know who I am, as my site activity has been inconsistent across the last few years since I joined in August of 2012 (making me a four year member this August).

However, I do have some noteworthy accomplishments on the site. I am level 45, which I consider an accomplishment in itself, and am approaching 100 subscribers, some of whom are very well known on the site. I've been a Skin Contest Finalist 3 Times (out of my last 4 contest entries), two of which were Top 25. I've participated in 13 different official site contests, two of which were blog contests (soon to be three). My other large projects have been Resource Packs, many of which

On the forums, I again have some recognizably through the major threads that I have been a part of, though my forum post count is fairly low for my level and time on the site, again due to my multiple unplanned hiatuses, as well as the fact that I tend to be very professional in my demeanor, which while having its benefits means that I tend to only respond when I have well-developed thoughts, which means I only usually post to threads that particularly interest me.

I've participated in the Palette Battle League during multiple seasons, though I was forced to drop out one. I've participated in other contests such as the Sprite Contest hosted by Kefka. I've been a major contributor to past community projects such as the Community Resource Pack (which sadly seems to have disappeared). I've also been an active member on threads such as The Amazing Nintendo Club. On the chat, I tend to speak up both around contests - I am drawn by the appeal of advertising, and stay because this is such a great, friendly community for interaction and conversation.

If you still aren't sold, just look at it this way - my avatar is unique and created with the express purpose of being an original video-game or anime-styled avatar - which I say would fit this game perfectly.

---

In addition to my application for a spot in the game, I would like to volunteer as a part-time artist and writer. At least until August when school starts up again, I should have plenty of time to participate in a project such as this.

As a portfolio of sorts, I'll link you to some of my favorite and most successful submissions in both categories, as well as a full piece of art on my DeviantART.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/motheory-series-one/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/create-new-world/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/why-i-believe/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/grim-miner-alpha/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/the-intel/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/the-roach-warrior-contest/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/ganondorf-dragmire-contest/
http://benjamindragonsword.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-s-Egg-64-609646262

and my most successful submission. . . .:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/grandpas-doll/

----

Sorry this post was so long (though that's not at all unusual for me)! Thanks for your consideration, and I hope this project truly gets off the ground and becomes something great!
05/17/2016 8:10 pm
Sardonyx
Nyamaru
Latiodile
NyamaruMaybe sprites?
Click to reveal

that's pixel art, look at the older pokemon games, (red/blue/yellow/silver/gold/crystal) those are also pixel art. you think you could do that?

Yes, I think I can! I would like to help with the sprites I'm sorry if the sprite is horrible D:

nah, that one's cute ^.^
05/17/2016 7:21 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Nyamaru
Maybe sprites?
Click to reveal
05/18/2016 2:32 am
yoda473
Excellent, that's pretty much exactly the kind of stuff we need. You're in.
05/17/2016 7:36 pm
Sardonyx
That is pixel art
05/17/2016 7:29 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
that's pixel art, look at the older pokemon games, (red/blue/yellow/silver/gold/crystal) those are also pixel art. you think you could do that?
05/17/2016 7:58 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Nyamaru
Yes, I think I can! I would like to help with the sprites :P I'm sorry if the sprite is horrible D:
05/17/2016 6:39 pm
Sardonyx
Nyamaru
yoda473
NyamaruCan I maybe help with some kind of art? (It might suck because I'm still learning, but maybe?) (My style is those manga types )

It depends. Can you do pixel art? That's the main thing I'll need.

Ah, I hardly know pixel art D: sorry >_<

It's basically the same as normal art ;P Just less detailed..
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome