PlanetMinecraft Copyrighting? *Bad or Nah?*

TheRealIceCubeCat's Avatar TheRealIceCubeCat12/20/14 8:32 pm
1 emeralds 355 6
12/21/2014 7:54 pm
10Andrew's Avatar 10Andrew
I recently had a developer of mine make a large plugin for me. (Details will not be dispatched for risk of people stealing the idea.)

He's saying he can't give it to me because of "PlanetMinecraft copyrighting it."
Do you guys actually do this with plugins?

Bad, or nah?

Full Instances:
-snip-
TheRealIceCubeCat
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/20/2014 11:09 pm
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
the guy uses barely any grammar at all. I'd be suprised if he even made a plugin.

Are you paying him to do this..?
if so, did you pay him before you got the plugin?
12/21/2014 7:54 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
Nammerbom has a point here. He could have took your money and then just gave you some stupid lie as to why he can't give you it. I really, really hope you did not already give him money,
12/20/2014 9:16 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
We don't selectively restrict content hosted on our site by our users. This person is confused or lying.

Edit: I read the log you provided and it's possible they could be referring to the greenlight process which holds the mods/plugins and texture pack submissions of level one users for moderator review before going live. If that's what they're referring to, I don't see why they aren't uploading it to Mediafire or something similar that doesn't screen their content before it goes public. Seems to me that they're making excuses/lying to you.

Also, please remove usernames if you're going to post this kind of thing. Had to remove your link to protect that person's privacy. Please see our rules regarding black-listing.
12/20/2014 8:49 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
It sound like the guy is tricking you. Maybe he want to keep the plugin for himself and is trying to lie about PMC as an excuse as to why he wont give you it.
12/20/2014 8:44 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1820037
[deleted]
12/20/2014 8:41 pm
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
planet minecraft dont own any plugins o.o hats just a guy being annoying..like can ihas op im from pmc

planet minecraft isn't a big overlord..its basically a fileshare website. they wont file copyright claims against a plugin that has nothing to do with them, from what your friend is saying it looks like he is trying to take over ownership of your plugin

i am 100% sure planet minecrat will not file copyright complaints against your server plugin, dismiss your developer and carry on
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome