[Mapmaking] Play background(ambient) Music

SimaderEntertainment's Avatar SimaderEntertainment7/23/14 4:00 pm
1 emeralds 389 5
7/24/2014 4:28 pm
Maveriknight's Avatar Maveriknight
Hello everyone!
I'm currently working on a Map, however I need music to make things better! I already have a resourcepack with customsounds and music, but I want to play the music "everywhere" or in an area. I have no clue how to do that except triggering different command blocks at the same. (So the music plays in different locations)

Thanks for every answer!
SimaderEntertainment
Level 15 : Journeyman Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/24/2014 4:28 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer
Maveriknight
Omit the coordinates entirely, when you select your target with @a, and as I recall, it'll play the sound to the player only, without it being localized to the player.
07/24/2014 11:09 am
Level 42 : Master Turtle
jackster301
You would have to use some 3rd party program to import a song into command blocks in order to have a song play in the background. Or you could do it yourself, but it would take a lot of time.
07/24/2014 10:48 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
GeekyPaul
I guess you could break it down into smaller chunks...
07/24/2014 10:28 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Modder
SimaderEntertainment
That's what I did but the problem is I have a song that's 1 minute long and I want the player to hear the whole song! I could use /execute @a ~ ~ ~ playsound dram1 @a ~ ~ ~ 1 1 0.5 to make the player hear the sound where he stands but when he moves, he moves away from the "Hotspot" of the music and it gets quiet until he doesn't hear it anymore.
07/23/2014 4:26 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Georgearooney
I was using sounds on a server the other day and using the sound command:
/playsound <sound> <player> [x] [y] [z] [volume] [pitch] [minimumVolume]
On the server I found that using @a for player played it directly to the player, not from the Command Block. EDIT: Works in singleplayer!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome